Properly stored meat in refrigerator How long do you keep?

On 4/18/2024 at 3:39 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

after 2 hrs the bacteria starts.....

yeh i been seeing those bacteria wearing rolex watches and colourful swatches, counting down the seconds to start,
Bacteria in food will significantly grow whenever temp is between 4-60C
bacteria does not wait 2 hours to start
in optimal conditions of 37C some bacteria can double through binary fission every 10-20 minutes

On 4/18/2024 at 3:39 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

2 hr rule....hot foods hot cold food cold......after 2 hrs the bacteria starts.....rice is a big culprit here as well and poor hygiene....  touching money and food also--street food...unwashed produce

Exactly what I learned at hygiene/cooking course many years ago.

But here, my Mrs cooks dishes and a pot of rice for the family first thing in the morning and it is left out on the table for folks to help themselves as and when they want. No-one seems to get any tummy problems, but I give it a miss.

I heard that at KFC they discard any chicken over 4 hours old. A tub was left on the table for over 24 hours.

At Thai fried chicken stalls, I wonder how long since it was cooked, and what happens to the un-sold stuff. 

Freeze it.

i stopped buying market meats and tend to buy at grocery stores. Maybe it’s not any better idk. But at least there’s some type of refrigeration.

I figured a way to freeze things that is vacuum sealed quality without a vacuum sealer. You just buy plastic wrap and wrap it up very well and squeeze out all the air pockets and I’m telling you, you can eat stuff months later from the freezer. No freezer burn. 

• Thumbs Up 1