Prince Harry renounces British residency, declares US is his ‘new country’

Social Media

9 hours ago, simon43 said:

Yes, but 'he wanted nothing to do with it.." is simply untrue.  He wants everything that a Royal title can provide.  If he wants rid of the Royal Family, then he should renounce all his titles and simply be known as Mr Harry Doormat, (US resident).

Correct,

He also wanted to pick and choose the events and charities he was involved in or required to be in.

He laid out his proposals, leaving him with all the glitz, glamour and titles, but struck out anything he didn't want to do.

HM Queen Elizabeth was the one who rejected his proposals outright and told him he could not represent the Royal family on a pick-and-choose or part-time basis.

Edited by Scouse123

The man is free to do as he wishes. However, it is quite obvious that he has a sense of entitlement. He genuinely believes that he should keep his titles even tough he no longer represents the institution, nor acts on its behalf. As long as he insists on keeping his royal titles he deserves to be ridiculed for being a hypocrite. His wife doesn't get it. She isn't royalty and never will be. It isn't just about being born into it, but in being trained since birth and a willingness to give up one's own privacy and individuality for the sake of the  nation represented.

13 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

The hatred for a man who simply decided that the organisation he was born into and was expected to uphold was so internecine, so corrupt and so out of date that he wanted nothing to do with it is astonishing, and shows how remarkably adept the palace is at keeping the sheep on side while they bleed them dry. 

The "palace" doesn't bleed anyone dry. Why offer up such nonsensical hyperbole? There isn't hatred, just disdain for a hypocrite.

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I rather like Harry and Megan.

Harry has for British tabloid reasons been vilified, but he's a decent guy in my view

I'm an American, so I have no skin in the game, but he does good things, the Invictus Games alone gives him a free pass.

His pursuit of the appalling tabloid press harassment  of his mother should be appaulded

You really don't know if he is decent or not. All you have seen are what has been presented through small amounts of media coverage, both independent and  put out by Harry and company. Maybe he is decent, and maybe he  does have some empathy for others, but it is obvious that he is not particularly bright. The Invictus games were a well planned  strategy to present him in a good light. As the participation in active conflicts has reduced, so too has the number of military wounded and amputees and hopefully, we will continue to see fewer of them.  His pursuit of the tabloids has been a bust. He claims he doesn't want media interference, yet, he and his wife seek to use the media for their own financial benefit. 

If he really wants to be  separate from the Royal family and its obligations and dutie,s then he should just make a clean sweep of it and let go of his titles. He was quite adamant about retaining titles for his children. Quite a contrast from the hardworking princess Anne, who never complains. Anne did not give her children royal titles. This is why people have little patience for Harry. He won't let go.

Edited by Patong2021
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Of course you haven't. 

Not even 12 minutes ago. 😅😅😅

That was at a public event.

Of course she will be photographed that's why she attends.

15 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I agree.

I believe it was you that asked the  questions. You that has focused on me.

Wrong. 

You asked me if your circumstances (which are different to Harry's), makes you a bad parent. 

I have zero interest in your situation. 

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

The man is free to do as he wishes. However, it is quite obvious that he has a sense of entitlement. He genuinely believes that he should keep his titles even tough he no longer represents the institution, nor acts on its behalf. As long as he insists on keeping his royal titles he deserves to be ridiculed for being a hypocrite. His wife doesn't get it. She isn't royalty and never will be. It isn't just about being born into it, but in being trained since birth and a willingness to give up one's own privacy and individuality for the sake of the  nation represented.

The "palace" doesn't bleed anyone dry. Why offer up such nonsensical hyperbole? There isn't hatred, just disdain for a hypocrite.

You really don't know if he is decent or not. All you have seen are what has been presented through small amounts of media coverage, both independent and  put out by Harry and company. Maybe he is decent, and maybe he  does have some empathy for others, but it is obvious that he is not particularly bright. The Invictus games were a well planned  strategy to present him in a good light. As the participation in active conflicts has reduced, so too has the number of military wounded and amputees and hopefully, we will continue to see fewer of them.  His pursuit of the tabloids has been a bust. He claims he doesn't want media interference, yet, he and his wife seek to use the media for their own financial benefit. 

If he really wants to be  separate from the Royal family and its obligations and dutie,s then he should just make a clean sweep of it and let go of his titles. He was quite adamant about retaining titles for his children. Quite a contrast from the hardworking princess Anne, who never complains. Anne did not give her children royal titles. This is why people have little patience for Harry. He won't let go.

Spot on.

Great points, well made.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

The hatred for a man who simply decided that the organisation he was born into and was expected to uphold was so internecine, so corrupt and so out of date that he wanted nothing to do with it is astonishing, and shows how remarkably adept the palace is at keeping the sheep on side while they bleed them dry. 

Worth reading "And what Do You Do" by Norman Baker (ex mp) about how much the RF actually costs the public (free in kindle book etc.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I honestly don't think we are.

It was when he was refused security and "Daddy" stopped giving him his monthly pocket money that the toys came out of the pram with the Netflix series and the spiteful book Spare (me). 

It's also why Meghan has had to restart her blog (a staunch feminist talking about cooking and flogging kitchen utensils to trad wives). It's almost like they're in self destruct mode, I see no other explanation for messing things up so badly. As the Spotify boss said, a couple of Grifters. 

Just quoted to another poster, read "And What Do You Do" by Norman Baker (ex MP) about how much the RF actually cost British Public with plenty of references in the back, Charles being one of the greediest along with his brother Andrew.

The everyday hounding of Harry (who seems pretty thick) is pretty ridiculous, petty and boring, MSM throwing everything they can think of on a daily basis!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

The "palace" doesn't bleed anyone dry. Why offer up such nonsensical hyperbole? 

The royal family costs the UK almost £1 million per day. That's money that could be used to better the lives of the people of the country.

8 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

There isn't hatred, just disdain for a hypocrite.

The posts from some individuals absolutely reek of hatred and venom, especially towards his wife. That you haven't noticed it is not an indication of it not existing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, transam said:

Henry is a fruitcake, his wife isn't much better, with their combined genes, who knows how the kids will turn out...🤔

I wonder if he will miss all these silly medals that the British royalty have all over their chests. 😄

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I wonder if he will miss all these silly medals that the British royalty have all over their chests. 😄

Obviously, he will that's why he wanted to keep his military ranks and insignia.

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2024 at 4:30 AM, RuamRudy said:

The royal family costs the UK almost £1 million per day. That's money that could be used to better the lives of the people of the country.

Actually, the Crown estates is a net contributor to the treasury.

You've been reading too much propaganda from Republic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Actually, the Crown estates is a net contributor to the treasury.

You've been reading too much propaganda from Republic.

...To much SNP cr@p............🤔

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 3:54 PM, Captain Monday said:

So is he on a spouse visa?

and why renounce residency Tax reasons? 

You're falling for the mis-statement in the headline. He has not renounced British residency. That's not actually a thing. 

All he has done, is state on some kind of housing form that his primary country of residence is the US - which even the casual observer could see that it plainly is.

For instance, I used to live in France at one time. If asked what my normal country of residence was at that time, I would always say it was France. It didn't mean I had "renounced" anything to do with the UK.  

You can become non-resident for tax purposes in the UK, but that's something you have to sort out directly with HMRC not just by putting on some miscellaneous form what your current country of residence is.

Tax if you leave the UK to live abroad

You can tell HMRC you’re leaving through your Self Assessment tax return. Complete the ‘resident’ section (form SA109) and send it by post.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

They'd know all about money and where is goes, wouldn't they?

Well it would be useless me asking Humza, he doesn't like white faces...........😢

• Haha 1