Helping scammers

Posted (edited)

Well the whole point of this topic is to tell whatever info you give it may ended up at a scammer hand. Employees of these kind of places sell your phone number or info. He can get lot of info about you including your personal infos. He can scam you or not is another story. So heads up. But it seems... the topic is moving away. Anyway.. im done with this topic. Enjoy life guys

Edited by problemfarang
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, problemfarang said:

you are so bull<deleted>

they send you an app APK file when you click on it its done. 

no need to do any cover up in my post. its only shared to ppl know whats going on and inform. so obviously you are one of them.

So giving your phone number is not a problem.

Adding to Line is not a problem.

Rule number one in messaging. 

Never click on a link of which you don't know what it does.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Nonsense, scammers get their info from the dark web and don't deal with 10 numbers but many thousands.

Thats partly correct

But a person with 12.000 thai baht salary working at a exchange office and have your phone number can sell it to a scammer. Easy money. Thats also a way. And this is the whole point of this topic.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, AreYouGerman said:

So, she didn't add their line ID and then got hacked. She actively downloaded and installed and clicked the button "This file can harm your phone".

You are so clueless about things, it's hilarious. "Don't give anyone your phone number, you will get hacked' - wahahaha. The problem always sits in front of the display. Better log off, buddy if you're that clueless.

Good idea to have the banking app's PIN they ask when transferring money and such not be the same PIN as your phone unlock code, otherwise if they had remote access to your phone, they could throw up fake lockscreen while queuing up transfers in the background, the moment you try to unlock your phone, poof goes your money.

Although most Thai banking app seem to be pretty vigilant on not running on the same phone with anything suspicious like screen sharing/remote access now, the scammer could be really advance and use undetectable method

• Agree 1

My wife fell for (another) scam a few weeks ago.

She had booked and paid for a flight for me from Khon Kaen to Bangkok on Thai Smile. This was a connection for a Thai Airway flight I had booked myself.

My wife got a call inviting her to join Royal Orchid (Thai Airway frequent flyer) and they said she had to pay a small fee. They appeared to already have her essential details. She gave them her credit/debit card details and emptied her bank account (6,000 Baht).

I had to tell her it is free to join the frequent flyer program. She thought membership would allow entry into Thai's airport lounges, but, of course, it does not unless you reach a certain level.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, problemfarang said:

you are so bull<deleted>

they send you an app APK file when you click on it its done. 

no need to do any cover up in my post. its only shared to ppl know whats going on and inform. so obviously you are one of them.

If your phone blocks software from an unknown source (eg APKs) you will have to temporarily remove the block, ie allow, in order to install the software. I think the default is to block, so somebody is voluntarily unblocking. Very foolish if you don't know the source.

3 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

She had booked and paid for a flight for me from Khon Kaen to Bangkok on Thai Smile. This was a connection for a Thai Airway flight I had booked myself.

My wife got a call inviting her to join Royal Orchid (Thai Airway frequent flyer) and they said she had to pay a small fee. They appeared to already have her essential details. She gave them her credit/debit card details and emptied her bank account (6,000 Baht).

I had to tell her it is free to join the frequent flyer program. She thought membership would allow entry into Thai's airport lounges, but, of course, it does not unless you reach a certain level.

Rule number one: Never allow your wife to have that kind of authority over money in the family. My wife has her own Thai Baht savings account, and she may add money to it out of the personal "salary" that I give her each month, but she would never spend 1 Baht from that account without telling me first. It's called "checks and balances, and there must be some ground rules regarding the spending of money. Most Thai women are just not mentally equipped to deal with these scammers, and they fall for anything. Never give them that much rope or they will certainly hang themselves!

Edited by fittobethaied
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How do you know the payment arrangements for these employees of whom you have no idea at all whether they are criminals working with the scammers?

While working in Germany I applied for A British passport at the then Embassy in Düsseldorf (many years ago) on the form I gave my office number in case I needed to be reached. I got my passport but a week later I received 4 phone calls from the UK trying to sell me insurance, stocks and shares etc. Obviously someone at the embassy had sold my details. I rang up the embassy to complain but that was a case of "we don't do that sort of thing" so I told them I was giving the matter over to BMW security (a big department) which I did, they took it seriously, after that the calls stopped.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Sorry to hear it man. This is my point. They sell oir info to scammers... sad

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

While working in Germany I applied for A British passport at the then Embassy in Düsseldorf (many years ago) on the form I gave my office number in case I needed to be reached. I got my passport but a week later I received 4 phone calls from the UK trying to sell me insurance, stocks and shares etc. Obviously someone at the embassy had sold my details. I rang up the embassy to complain but that was a case of "we don't do that sort of thing" so I told them I was giving the matter over to BMW security (a big department) which I did, they took it seriously, after that the calls stopped.

Yes.. i know how you feel. 

yes apk file download and click, you are toast...remote access

you know how I avoid scam calls ?

99.9% AIRPLANE MODE

if immigration cannot reach me to come and spy, blabla, too bad...they have my email...