Major outage reported by 3bb

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

It's not the streaming service, it's the fibre optic cables themselves that have been compromised. I guess it's been on the cards for a long time that some group or other would sever the links. Maybe starlink is the only answer.

Looks like undersea cable SEA-ME-WE 5 could be the problem, it was broken between Malaysia and Singapore on April 20th during the night and the networks have been rerouted through SEA-ME-WE 4

Edited by freeworld
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, freeworld said:

Looks like undersea cable SEA-ME-WE 5 could be the problem, it was broken between Malaysia and Singapore on April 20th during the night and the networks have been rerouted through SEA-ME-WE 4

Back up again. It's just lucky dip right now. Got Tour of Turkey on Eurosport 2 running fine.

Edited by bradiston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks to the americains and all the crap they are supporting, creating or financing in east europe or the middle east, all speculations are open to the deep sea damage of the internat link cable. It also shows us how vulnerable we have made ourselves in putting all the eggs of high tech internet in the same basket or rather the same deep sea cables. Time to think above the box and develop back up with satelite links open to the public with no extra price hikes.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Thanks to the americains and all the crap they are supporting, creating or financing in east europe or the middle east, all speculations are open to the deep sea damage of the internat link cable. It also shows us how vulnerable we have made ourselves in putting all the eggs of high tech internet in the same basket or rather the same deep sea cables. Time to think above the box and develop back up with satelite links open to the public with no extra price hikes.

How would they deal with undersea power cables? There are between 100 and 200 cable faults every year around the globe and most, if not all, are not due to USA adventures.

image.png.aefdfb248849bf59344c20b5ba9ea269.png

Imagine trying to replace this with radiowaves

image.png.c014425b8f2c48dcfd99afb252e32e74.png

Edited by freeworld
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/23/2024 at 2:45 PM, bradiston said:

Everything running again for 24 hrs at least.

Everything total cr*p for weeks on "Perfect TV". 

2 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Everything total cr*p for weeks on "Perfect TV". 

Yeah, there's still outages late evening I find. I've switched to watching snooker on BBC 2. Eurosport is total crap.

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Yeah, there's still outages late evening I find. I've switched to watching snooker on BBC 2. Eurosport is total crap.

I think it's ImperfectTV that is total cr*p. 

I tend to watch YouTube repeats the following day. Why is YouTube perfect and Perfect is garbage? 

Thank the gods for 3BB.

I like everything ABOUT 3BB.

Low Cost.

Good Service Center.

Excellent and Polite and Well-dressed (think Ivy League) technicians coming to my home.

Almost always UP, and very rarely down.

In the past, with other service providers, I really suffered.

So much constant stress and worry over when the service would stop, and start, and stop, again.

I just hope that 3BB never changes.

I worry that, like DTAC, it will be bought out by a company that knows NOTHING about providing good customer service.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thank the gods for 3BB.

Low Cost.

Good Service Center.

Excellent and Polite and Well-dressed (think Ivy League) technicians coming to my home.

So much constant stress and worry over when the service would stop, and start, and stop, again.

I worry that, like DTAC, it will be bought out by a company that knows NOTHING about providing good customer service.

What sub are you on?

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this topic but my international traffic to Europe has been a nightmare for almost a week. 3BB told me there is an issue with the submarine cables ... Does anyone experienced this recently, long connection, time-out, and so on, only on international, both sides (to and from Europe).

For information, I am in Chiangmai-Lamphun province.

1 hour ago, khunphil said:

Sorry to bump this topic but my international traffic to Europe has been a nightmare for almost a week. 3BB told me there is an issue with the submarine cables ... Does anyone experienced this recently, long connection, time-out, and so on, only on international, both sides (to and from Europe).

For information, I am in Chiangmai-Lamphun province.

I'm also in Chiang Mai with 3BB and no problems for me.

Just downloaded 4 torrents at 12MB/s, finished the first 2 before I had added the second 2.

(The Boys x3eps, Bridgerton season 3)

About 4GB in all.

speaking of vpn's. my vpn keep defaulting to Cambodia. as a result I get regular messages from google search engine that  asks me to do those goddamn never ending picture tests (because of malicious usage) a review of the list of Thai vpn's says system is under repair.

Edited by paddypower

On 5/2/2024 at 12:42 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Thank the gods for 3BB.

Low Cost.

Good Service Center.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 3BB is owned by AIS..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's intermittent, some days perfect other days dead, sadly i fall back on my dtac data sim

Sorry to hear that.

However, 3BB is super-good where I am, even though I am NOT located in the city.

Perhaps, you should contact 3BB for further support.

For sure, 3BB is always willing to help me, and I have never had better service anywhere in Thailand.

Otherwise, maybe move to Korea?

(Joking. 3BB is very low cost in Thailand. I would not want to pay what they pay for internet service in places like Japan, Korea, or the USA...etc.)

I am very lucky to have made the decision to use 3BB, I think....here in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, marin said:

Sorry to hear that.

How long has this been True?

True, is not my cup of tea, FOR SURE.

Anyway, even though I really do not like AIS, compared to Dtac, where I am....still....

3BB is very good for me, where I am.

I have zero complaints about 3BB.

I am super glad to be using 3BB.

Internet is important to me.

6 minutes ago, marin said:

i always thought
3BB is a subsidiary of Jasmine International
and
AIS is a subsidiary of Intouch Holdings PCL

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry to hear that.

However, 3BB is super-good where I am, even though I am NOT located in the city.

Perhaps, you should contact 3BB for further support.

For sure, 3BB is always willing to help me, and I have never had better service anywhere in Thailand.

Otherwise, maybe move to Korea?

(Joking. 3BB is very low cost in Thailand. I would not want to pay what they pay for internet service in places like Japan, Korea, or the USA...etc.)

I am very lucky to have made the decision to use 3BB, I think....here in Thailand.

Lot's of people complaining about the same thing, it's intermittent, so will probably resolve once the undersea cables are fixed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry to hear that.

How long has this been True?

True, is not my cup of tea, FOR SURE.

Anyway, even though I really do not like AIS, compared to Dtac, where I am....still....

3BB is very good for me, where I am.

I have zero complaints about 3BB.

I am super glad to be using 3BB.

Internet is important to me.

What's your point GG? You must have posted 10 grovelling "I love 3bb" comments on this and other threads. You getting paid for doing this voice in the wilderness stunt? Or just more attention seeking?

9 minutes ago, bradiston said:

What's your point GG? You must have posted 10 grovelling "I love 3bb" comments on this and other threads. You getting paid for doing this voice in the wilderness stunt? Or just more attention seeking?

NO!

I don't get paid for my best advice.

I just provide information out of the kindness of my heart.

I have been using internet in Asia, East Asia, SE Asia, for many years.

I have been using internet service in Asia since before 1992, in places like Taiwan, HK, Thailand, China, etc., since before you were born, maybe.

I never lie.

I just report the truth.

I have no ax to grind.

I am just trying to be helpful.

Note:  I am NOT a troll, by the way....hope you agree.....

Note2:  I NEVER post "purely troll posts", as some BIRDBRAINS seem to say.  I NEVER post purely troll posts.  As, I am sure that you also know.

Hope this clarification helps to un-muddy the waters....about my posts....

Tks!

On 4/21/2024 at 9:30 PM, bradiston said:

I'm experiencing really bad buffering on almost every channel on my IPtv box. 3bb say an undersea cable has been severely damaged between Asia and Europe. Could be as a result of the crap going down in the middle east I guess. They say it could take weeks to fix.

Anyone else experiencing this?

If that is the case then the system is basically floored. Normally you would have two separate feeds with different routings so a cable failure would be only a brief interruption whilst the second cable takes over.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NO!

I don't get paid for my best advice.

I just provide information out of the kindness of my heart.

I have been using internet in Asia, East Asia, SE Asia, for many years.

I have been using internet service in Asia since before 1992, in places like Taiwan, HK, Thailand, China, etc., since before you were born, maybe.

I never lie.

I just report the truth.

I have no ax to grind.

I am just trying to be helpful.

Note:  I am NOT a troll, by the way....hope you agree.....

Note2:  I NEVER post "purely troll posts", as some BIRDBRAINS seem to say.  I NEVER post purely troll posts.  As, I am sure that you also know.

Hope this clarification helps to un-muddy the waters....about my posts....

Tks!

No, it doesn't. It doesn't explain why you keep posting the same message over and over. We got it! You love 3bb. Many of us don't. But the same people don't keep posting about it. It may not be 3bb's fault, but the service interruptions are tedious. Last time I called, 2 nights ago, they said June 25th there should be an update. But I'm not holding my breath.

6 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

If that is the case then the system is basically floored. Normally you would have two separate feeds with different routings so a cable failure would be only a brief interruption whilst the second cable takes over.

I suggested they reroute, but it's the main sub sea cable from Europe. Apparently no work around. It's a massively complex operation to repair the cable, bureaucratic hell, dive permits,security clearance (it's in the middle of axwar zone), manpower, logistics, etc etc. Yes, I understand, but like you say, with no backup route, their system is flawed (note spelling). But if the cable was really that badly damaged, I imagine data throughout would be seriously compromised for really a lot of ISPs and data centres, and we'd have heard a lot more about it. Maybe it's just a server issue, and not an undersea cable at all?

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

I suggested they reroute, but it's the main sub sea cable from Europe. Apparently no work around. It's a massively complex operation to repair the cable, bureaucratic hell, dive permits,security clearance (it's in the middle of axwar zone), manpower, logistics, etc etc. Yes, I understand, but like you say, with no backup route, their system is flawed (note spelling). But if the cable was really that badly damaged, I imagine data throughout would be seriously compromised for really a lot of ISPs and data centres, and we'd have heard a lot more about it. Maybe it's just a server issue, and not an undersea cable at all?

You normally always have a secondary routing just in case such an incident occurs. It is basic design of an essential system. It isnt just messages between families and emails there is a lot of business traffic going over the network as well.

If it is a server, again on an important system you always have several servers all looking at the same traffic. Should one fail, and they can, another server which has been also gathering the information but not acting on it comes into play.

On such as system as 3BB it is very poor design to have a single failure take the network down.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bradiston said:

No, it doesn't. It doesn't explain why you keep posting the same message over and over. We got it! You love 3bb. Many of us don't. But the same people don't keep posting about it. It may not be 3bb's fault, but the service interruptions are tedious. Last time I called, 2 nights ago, they said June 25th there should be an update. But I'm not holding my breath.

I never hold my breath.

There is just no point in doing so....unless.....

One is going for some FREE-DIVING world record....

image.png.ec44069d55ae23c27455d907c9cb148e.png

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

You normally always have a secondary routing just in case such an incident occurs. It is basic design of an essential system. It isnt just messages between families and emails there is a lot of business traffic going over the network as well.

If it is a server, again on an important system you always have several servers all looking at the same traffic. Should one fail, and they can, another server which has been also gathering the information but not acting on it comes into play.

On such as system as 3BB it is very poor design to have a single failure take the network down.

Well, I'm not answering for 3bb, just putting forward my take on it. They say it's unreroutable undersea cable damage. Make what you will of it.