Woman assaulted in Bangkok gym after rejecting man’s advances (video)

webfact

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Yeah, I don't necessarily agree that there was an excuse here, so much as I disagree with the dog-piling simply for someone disagreeing or questioning what happened (since people should always be free to do that)

I very much agree.  I would say that the concept of "There are two sides to the story" is important but probably should have been made in an article where there is a more plausible second side that has been left out.

At best, here, he might have some mitigating circumstances (to a degree) but I can't think of anything that would totally condone his actions.

Given that all of these "news" articles seem to be constructed only for clicks, there are tons of better opportunities (than this one) to point out that bandwagon-ing and witch-hunting are short-sighted.

Edited by QuantumQuandry
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

No, most activity here is teenagers who aren't drunk but were never taught respect for life, and that you don't attack another person 5, or more, against 1. It isn't disconnected because all of this involves anger. I just made an example of anger not involving drugs, which a lot of it is. Some, again, said this was about a man on steroids, which no one knows. Anger doesn't need steroids and that's my point.

People get angry everywhere, all day, every day, since time began, for many reasons, most of which are not justified but related to jealousy, greed or unrealistic expectations. Many get angrier because of steroid, drug or alcohol use.

"Certainly people can get angry without drugs of any type but that isn't the typical angry reaction of someone that's just mad." I'm guessing what you mean by this is that his action wasn't because he's just mad. Of course it could be. I've seen people go haywire not under any influence but because of past experiences that fueled that anger.  Most people have reason to have anger in their lives from their past history. Most people have been treated bad in their lives by someone. How they react when someone pushes them to their limits is what matters. Some can turn the other cheek most every time someone hurts them. Fact is, anyone can be pushed to a limit where they use violence to stop another.

This man? We don't know the story. He might have had his girlfriend tell him they're through. He might have had a family member die or get real sick. Someone might have poisoned his dog the day before. He might be using steroids and this might have been the edge that made him lose control. Or, he might be a loose cannon that is also a narcissist, who has a short fuse and loves to hurt others because he was hurt as a child, and likes to vent that anger on anyone who would dare cross him, for any reason. In any event, what he did was wrong, assault, and he should be arrested.

I'm done discussing this with you as you do nothing but go in a circle trying  to prove your right. You have your ideas and we don't agree on them. Have a great day

5 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I'm done discussing this with you as you do nothing but go in a circle trying  to prove your right. You have your ideas and we don't agree on them. Have a great day

No, I have my ideas and you don't understand them, as it is easy to understand what an example is. I am right in what I said, as anger is in everyone and some can't keep a lock on it, as this man showed. Re read all of this topic, then my posts, and maybe you'll get my point. If not, oh well. And I don't see a we here, especially as far as my main point about anger doesn't need steroids.You're spending a lot of time trying to make me see that my reply is somehow disconnected from this topic, but it's actually very viable.

Edited by fredwiggy

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Was her body harmed, though?

Of course she was harmed. She didn't land on a mattress! 

Why you're trying to justify what that POS did I don't know. Well, actually I could have a guess...

• Confused 1

On 4/22/2024 at 4:23 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I understand retaliation.

Many women want to be equals everywhere. Let them be equal everywhere. 

Why do men think that we want to be equal= being violence towards us? We want to be treated as people not as punching bags. This why women hate men. Like seriously treated us as humans and not inferior or as objects. Also you shouldn't do that to another men nor we should hit men for no reason. Like seriously you think we can only be treated like objects or be treated like a man. There can be no in between like treat us like people with rights who biological different from men. Maybe some women want to be treated as a man but not all.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

11 hours ago, Swhrbe said:

Why do men think that we want to be equal= being violence towards us? We want to be treated as people not as punching bags. This why women hate men. Like seriously treated us as humans and not inferior or as objects. Also you shouldn't do that to another men nor we should hit men for no reason. Like seriously you think we can only be treated like objects or be treated like a man. There can be no in between like treat us like people with rights who biological different from men. Maybe some women want to be treated as a man but not all.

Thanks for your comment.

I agree with what you write.

It would be good if nobody would use violence. But if person A uses violence against person B, then nobody should be surprised if person B retaliates - independent of male or female.