Jomtien Beach Rd

bradiston

I liked Jomtien because it is what Pattaya used to be like. So now the contractor-city hall/kickback-concrete sh*tshow has arrived in Jomtien. Looks like some parking lots on the beach. Like that area just above police box at North end that used to be a nice sandy shady area. Replaced with a parking lot rarely used. "These people" just can't stop screwing this place up

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I liked Jomtien because it is what Pattaya used to be like. So now the contractor-city hall/kickback-concrete sh*tshow has arrived in Jomtien. Looks like some parking lots on the beach. Like that area just above police box at North end that used to be a nice sandy shady area. Replaced with a parking lot rarely used. "These people" just can't stop screwing this place up

They don't like what you like. Many Thai's like noise, commotion, crowds and traffic.

The sooner you understand this, the sooner you can decide if you will be happy here or if you need to look for a new place. Don't get angry about it like they messed it up. To them it's being done correctly, or just needs to be continually fixed.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

They don't like what you like. Many Thai's like noise, commotion, crowds and traffic.

. To them it's being done correctly, or just needs to be continually fixed.

Being done correctly/needs to be continually "fixed" . Are mutually exclusive. Sure many Thais like noise and chaos. So we shall see how that works out for quality tourism. Clue: The Europeans don't like being next to pickup parties. Pattaya beach used to have a mini high season in July and August but the endless "improvements" sh*tshow lost them- long gone. 

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

Ok the Thais can have it. And I have had it. All the way South to the Southern end, Na Jomtien looks like it will work .

Stuck in na jomtein in an area with no easy food access where you need a motorbike or out in a field somewhere. If that worked we would all be there.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/27/2024 at 2:27 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Recently they've put in annoying little speed bumps, every few hundred metres all along the road. 

I just followed behind an ambulance with flashing lights navigating three new speedbumps on a road on the outskirts of my village.  it must have been held up a few mins between the first and last speed bumps. Surely that's eventually going to cost lives.

On 4/27/2024 at 9:50 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Yes, you're right. But, not remembering the chaos I took regular way. I used my ninja skills to get from far right outside lane and made left on nua. By this time I've got the yellow fuel warning. make a uturn to fuel at the bangcok whatever gas staion. Now I had to circle to the left to get to beach road. 

Today headed to T21, my plan is to exit hwy 36 to suk, head south to Nua. We'll see.

I noticed a few tourist coaches on Yume as I left yesterday (traffic was heavy in Pattaya, why the hell would Bangkokians want to come here in this heat?).....I was worried I might come face to face with one on Suk 36/1 alley and be getting nowhere. (It's also my route out of town!)

On 4/27/2024 at 2:27 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Recently they've put in annoying little speed bumps, every few hundred metres all along the road. 

Good news, I went for a ride this morning, those nasty little speed humps have been recently removed, they've disappeared. 

Anyone know why they were installed? 

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Good news, I went for a ride this morning, those nasty little speed humps have been recently removed, they've disappeared. 

Anyone know why they were installed? 

I answered this earlier. I think they were caused by underground cabling taking power across the road to beach lights. The contractor maybe received complaints, or maybe it was planned, but he's come back and levelled them off.

51 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I answered this earlier. I think

Yes, I saw your reply earlier, you didn't sound to confident that's why I asked. 

Those lights have been installed for years, why did those speed humps only recently came, and went? 

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, I saw your reply earlier, you didn't sound to confident that's why I asked. 

Those lights have been installed for years, why did those speed humps only recently came, and went? 

Maybe they're having to cut the beachside power further up where the diggers are out so they needed to bring a feed across from the other side.

It reminded me seeing them there of the sinkhole that opened a couple of years back and swallowed a large lorry head first. Took a while to sort that lot out too. Diversions and what have you. Course, scooters always find a way to beat the traffic, and the traffic systems, don't they?

I do love the new found, or maybe it's ancient, open air picnicking on the huge beaches down that end. Pickups full of collapsible seats and tables, and all the street food vendors, and 7s, Tops and restos. Under the stars. So much room!

9 hours ago, bradiston said:

Maybe they're having to cut the beachside power further up where the diggers are out so they needed to bring a feed across from the other side.

Good point 👍

9 hours ago, bradiston said:

So much room!

Yes, there's quite a bit of extra room now with the beach extensions. 

On 4/28/2024 at 12:34 AM, JimTripper said:

Don't get angry about it like they messed it up. To them it's being done correctly, or just needs to be continually fixed.

Done correctly?? Like they messed it up? Like they messed up the latest drain pipe project along Pattaya beach rd. That is the large pipes from North end to South end. About 3 km of horizontal pipe about 1 1/2 meter diameter. Who would have guessed that those horizontal pipes with no pump to keep them clear would fill up with muck. And all they have been doing for a couple of weeks is removing the muck at limited access points. Failed drain pipe project again. And maybe what's going on in Jomtien too

Screenshot_2024-05-02-14-40-10-098_jp.naver_line.android.thumb.jpg.d9a38fc92c635f1fc8d9db890b094d99.jpg

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Done correctly?? Like they messed it up? Like they messed up the latest drain pipe project along Pattaya beach rd. That is the large pipes from North end to South end. About 3 km of horizontal pipe about 1 1/2 meter diameter. Who would have guessed that those horizontal pipes with no pump to keep them clear would fill up with muck. And all they have been doing for a couple of weeks is removing the muck at limited access points. Failed drain pipe project again. And maybe what's going on in Jomtien too

Screenshot_2024-05-02-14-40-10-098_jp.naver_line.android.thumb.jpg.d9a38fc92c635f1fc8d9db890b094d99.jpg

Yes--and they were doing the muck thing again this morning.  Huge traffic backup because Beach Road was down to just 1 lane.  Not a traffic cop in sight and, of course, nobody thought to temporarily ban parking on the shop side to create a second traffic lane.  

I went to Immigration yesterday (twice). I noticed that most people are taking no notice of the one-way systems on Soi 5 and 7. Have the powers that be decided that they weren't working or is it that they just can't be bothered?

44 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes--and they were doing the muck thing again this morning.  Huge traffic backup because Beach Road was down to just 1 lane.  Not a traffic cop in sight and, of course, nobody thought to temporarily ban parking on the shop side to create a second traffic lane.  

Indeed. Not sure if it is going to be possible to clear 3 km of muck when only limited access point are available. IE horizontal rooting very difficult. And when I say failed drain pipe project again- This photo taken at North end of a 2meter diameter pipe from that previous major drain pipe project that had pipes going out into the bay , perpendicular to Beach Rd. Again no pumps to keep pipes clear,again clogged up. Screenshot_2024-05-02-16-02-25-538_jp.naver_line.android.thumb.jpg.923578aa69fdee50e2acfafa130192f1.jpg

1 hour ago, roger101 said:

I went to Immigration yesterday (twice). I noticed that most people are taking no notice of the one-way systems on Soi 5 and 7. Have the powers that be decided that they weren't working or is it that they just can't be bothered?

People just ignore the system and there are no police to enforce it. Initially there were and they were issuing tickets. But now....? Nothing. Annoying to have to go all the way round to get my 99 THB special at Cheap Charlie's. Same on the main one way system. 1am or whenever always motorbikes travelling the wrong way and the occasional car. But that's pretty par for the course here.

• 1 month later...

IMG_20240524_143116.thumb.jpg.66375ddb1de03ffe386f725ef21996ee.jpg

Hey guys what kind of tree do you see in this drawing of the new beach.....

Only Palm Bloody Palm trees

• Agree 2

IMG_20240613_110129_1.thumb.jpg.6aee1afe5eb20febec09aa6ed88564c2.jpgIMG_20240617_123731.thumb.jpg.c82eda4ad0be8be2bb30c58488b592b6.jpgAs previously noted the flooding was at Jomtien North end . And a number of these Beach Rd to water would have fixed it. Instead the whole place is being drain pipes along Beach Rd. Of course then that calls for tons of concrete/palms contract/kickback project.

• Like 1