French Woman Found Shot Dead in Her Luxury Villa

webfact

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

My wife occasionally gets reports from our local area of some Japanese people who are completely isolated and lonely and suddenly died. They rely on the local Thai people to help them with their final hospital stay and passing.

Perhaps someone could try to connect some of these lonely Japanese folk together....so they won't be so isolated ?

You can't buy friends with money.

You can't reach happiness leaving your homeland to relocate in Thailand.

It's sad to be in Thailand without friends, without relatives, without sons and leaving your hopes to a stranger Thai.

• Confused 2

37 minutes ago, zhounan said:

It's sad to be in Thailand without friends, without relatives, without sons and leaving your hopes to a stranger Thai.

Absolute rubbish, balderdash and poppycock.

My wife and I relocated here 24 years ago. Very happy with that decision.

Sadly, wifey is dead but I am still very happy here. I would not want to be anywhere else.

Also sadly, my son is dead and there is no way that I want to be living near my daughter and her tribe. 7,000 miles apart is just enough.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.

Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being temporarely suspended from the site. 

//Admin

👍 It'd be Good if All Reports of Deaths  started with this. You see some real Uncompassionate & Thoughtless Comments Sometimes .

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, ronster said:

How did she buy a gun ?? 

I don't understand the question:

What's the problem with getting a gun illegally in Thailand?

Most Thais own unregistered weapons!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I never heard of a foreigner legally owning a gun in Thailand. 

Anyway, I'd say that loop hole will be closed shortly. 

It closed many years ago, only Thais are trusted to own guns.   :giggle:

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Couple of issues that are not clear here, first, strange that a foreigner was given a permission to own a gun and

secondly, the property must be owned by a company or a Thai entity, unless it was already registered in the house

keeper name...

The OP didn't report that the gun was legally owned.  What does the technicality of the method of property ownership matter?

8 hours ago, ronster said:

How did she buy a gun ?? 

Maybe the same way that Thais can buy unlicenced weapons or maybe it wasn't hers?  The OP did not report that she bought it.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Repositioning the security camera sounds like murder to me!

As you say, anyone could have sent the messages.

Perhaps she just did not want the live performance of her death to be broadcast.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Repositioning the security camera sounds like murder to me!

As you say, anyone could have sent the messages.

It can't be assumed from the article that the camera was re-positioned away from the scene.

Maybe it was re-positioned to point towards the scene of the suicide, in order to make sure that there were no doubts or suspicions of foul play.

1 hour ago, teeyai said:

👍 It'd be Good if All Reports of Deaths  started with this. You see some real Uncompassionate & Thoughtless Comments Sometimes .

There was a period when suicide reports (real or suspected) were closed to any further comments as soon as they were posted, thus putting an end to the stupid and often childish speculation that ensued. I, for one would like to see that policy reintroduced.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Read this twice even three times and still find you have so many questions not relating to suicide then your not alone 🤔

totally agree. seems the cops are not willing to investigate. a story that makes no sense... seems the hired help has motive

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She must have been very lonely if the housekeeper makes these decisions.  

Possibly.  She also might have asked for her to make the arrangements in her will.  It sounds like she thought a lot of her.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zhounan said:

You can't pay someone to be a genuine friend, but having money allows you to do things that facilitate the making of friends.

You certainly can.  If you are happier due to the weather and the culture, you can be happier by moving to Thailand.

Debateable.

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Additionally, the victim had sent messages to her friends intimating them of her decision to include Natthawalai in her will. How long after these messages did she die ? Anyone can send a message.!

While it is true that anyone can send a message, it would be quite hard for a Thai to fake a conversation with a foreign friend, unless they were convinced by receiving: "I give everything to housekeeper.  She good woman.  Take care me.  I die you no look for anything."  Especially if her friends are French.

Edited by BangkokReady

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Still, the mystery remains as to how she got to own a gun legally and who are the owners of the Vila given the Thai laws that

says foreignness aren't allowed to own land unless it's under a company name or a Thai nominee...

Theres legally, which used to be possible but now much harder and then there is 'tolerated' where the police know and often assist procuring it for a fee, and you have the 'nod' that its ok but dont show it..

Then finally theres fully illigitimate. 

I have had multiple mates over the years with the first 2 options.. 1 fully legal, license issued and legal imported new gun all done by the police. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, markus said:

I don't understand the question:

What's the problem with getting a gun illegally in Thailand?

Most Thais own unregistered weapons!

It became MUCH harder a couple of years ago for the fully legal route. There was a national freeze on legal permit issueance from the min of interior IIRC. 

7 hours ago, freeworld said:

My wife occasionally gets reports from our local area of some Japanese people who are completely isolated and lonely and suddenly died. They rely on the local Thai people to help them with their final hospital stay and passing.

Meh, some people want to be far away from their relatives.

Reminds me of a line in the Morris Panych's play Vigil: I'm sorry I said all those awful things to you but I thought you were a relative.

Also reminds me of my favorite line in Jean-Paul Sartre's play No Exit: Hell is other people.

So sad for Mme Delacott. RIP.

But hate to say it, this bears all the hallmarks of Thai lies and shenanigans to get their hands on Mme Delacott's money, gold and property assets regardless of Mme Delacott's situations in life of coping and dealing with divorce and cancer.

• Confused 1