Pro-Palestinian Protesters Take Over Columbia Hamilton Hall "Intifada" hangs from windows

Social Media

4 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

There are 22 Arab countries in the world, and 56 Muslim countries. They could easily step up to the plate and help their Palestinian brothers find shelter and peace. But they don't. They want to put the responsibility on one country (population 9 million) and not on the Arabs (population 450 million) to find the answer and make concessions. 

You sound like the mad Netanyahu - expecting/wanting Muslim countries to take all the Gazans. 

Your spiritual home was created last century and if they had accepted what they were given, there could have been peace, but no, continually stealing and culminating in Genocide. It would be so convenient for you if the Gazans were sent elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You sound like the mad Netanyahu - expecting/wanting Muslim countries to take all the Gazans. 

Your spiritual home was created last century and if they had accepted what they were given, there could have been peace, but no, continually stealing and culminating in Genocide. It would be so convenient for you if the Gazans were sent elsewhere. 

The Muslim countries won't take any of the Gazans, there is a reason for this, not too difficult to understand! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Since they are by and large a group of misogynistic homophobes, their fate doesn't really concern me that much. I am surprised that it concerns so many people, like you for example. Why are you willing to support people who thing being gay is a death penalty offence, where only 4% of the populace accepts homosexuality? Abortion is illegal, until recently rapists could escape punishment by marrying their victims.  The current conflict aside, people with views like these deserve nothing but contempt and scorn. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

The Muslim countries won't take any of the Gazans, there is a reason for this, not too difficult to understand! 

That's okay, Biden wants as many as he can get for Michigan. They need to change into their civvies first though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2024 at 2:07 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

You do like to erroneously accuse people of lying .

The Arabs did indeed get independence as promised . The British and French withdrew from Arabia as promised 

LOL. Is that rewriting history or just making it up?

If it was true why were the British running Palestine till 1947?

I suppose it is true in that they did eventually give them independence, but not after WW1 as promised.

Independence was promised after WW1, but those promises were lies as they intended to implement the Balfour declaration. Lawrence was ashamed of his government's duplicity ( which he knew about even while he was telling the Arabs they'd get independence in exchange for attacking the Turks ) and spent many years after the war trying to bring about independence for Arabs.

If anyone is interested in the reality, read https://www.penguin.co.nz/books/lawrence-of-arabia-9781405945974

It's a good history and easy to read.

12 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

...which begs the question, why didn't Egypt (who controlled Gaza) or Jordan (who controlled the West Bank) bother to create any form of Palestinian state in the years between 1948 and 1967? Seems like it wasn't a priority for them, or for the Palestinians. 

There are 22 Arab countries in the world, and 56 Muslim countries. They could easily step up to the plate and help their Palestinian brothers find shelter and peace. But they don't. They want to put the responsibility on one country (population 9 million) and not on the Arabs (population 450 million) to find the answer and make concessions. 

LOL.

They are living on THEIR land, so why should they leave? The land does NOT belong to israels who are stealing it through force.

If you disagree, tell us when the UN gave the West Bank and Gaza to israelis. The 1948 borders are the legal boundaries of israel. Everything outside those boundaries are illegally occupied.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Scotland said it wanted to take some in. Humza Yousaf said that very clearly while he was a thing there. You also welcomed his statement. Then a couple of days ago said this:

I don't particularly like Muslims. Am I allowed to say that?I have no sympathy for them in the UK.

Do you see why its difficult to believe anything you say?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Is that rewriting history or just making it up?

If it was true why were the British running Palestine till 1947?

I suppose it is true in that they did eventually give them independence, but not after WW1 as promised.

Independence was promised after WW1, but those promises were lies as they intended to implement the Balfour declaration. Lawrence was ashamed of his government's duplicity ( which he knew about even while he was telling the Arabs they'd get independence in exchange for attacking the Turks ) and spent many years after the war trying to bring about independence for Arabs.

If anyone is interested in the reality, read https://www.penguin.co.nz/books/lawrence-of-arabia-9781405945974

It's a good history and easy to read.

The U.K didn't even rule the land which is now Israel during WW1 .

The U.K has a world war to fight against the Nazis , that was a more impotent  issue than independence for any countries .

The U.K departed from Arabia post WW2 and both the Israelis and Palestinians were given independence 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL.

They are living on THEIR land, so why should they leave? The land does NOT belong to israels who are stealing it through force.

If you disagree, tell us when the UN gave the West Bank and Gaza to israelis. The 1948 borders are the legal boundaries of israel. Everything outside those boundaries are illegally occupied.

It stopped being their land when they lost a war of aggression against Israel. Much like Germany lost substantial land after starting WW2.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Who said I support Gazans? I just want Palestinians to have their own land back and become a state.

Gazans are not a monolithic group, and painting them all with a broad brush based on the actions of some individuals overlooks the diversity of perspectives in the area. While there may be individuals or groups in Gaza who hold misogynistic or homophobic views, it's unfair to attribute these beliefs to the entire population.

Anyways, supporting the people of Gaza does not necessarily mean condoning any cultural or religious beliefs. Humanitarian aid and support aim to alleviate suffering and promote basic human rights, regardless of one's beliefs or background.

I am totally unbiased here, unlike you, but you don't want to talk about that. 

"Totally unbiased here", hmmmm, don't you recall any of your posts, or has Mossad been in touch.........😂

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Who said I support Gazans? I just want Palestinians to have their own land back and become a state.

Gazans are not a monolithic group, and painting them all with a broad brush based on the actions of some individuals overlooks the diversity of perspectives in the area. While there may be individuals or groups in Gaza who hold misogynistic or homophobic views, it's unfair to attribute these beliefs to the entire population.

Anyways, supporting the people of Gaza does not necessarily mean condoning any cultural or religious beliefs. Humanitarian aid and support aim to alleviate suffering and promote basic human rights, regardless of one's beliefs or background.

I am totally unbiased here, unlike you, but you don't want to talk about that. 

I agree of course that no group of people is a monolith.

But I totally reject your assertion that you lack bias on the conflict and also your totally absurd insinuation that homophobia there isn't extremely severe and widespread. You might gain some credibility if you took some effort to be more honest.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I think it that the Palestinian refugees Biden brings in should get State Department scholarships to Columbia to help them "assimilate" more quickly such that they can be utilized in high position throughout the State Department, Justice, Defense, Education, Finance and Homeland Security. Diversity is our strength! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not "the actions of some individuals". The legal apparatus of Gaza and the West Bank. Being gay is a death sentence by LAW.  These laws are supported by more than 90% of the population. The aid given does NOTHING to "promote basic human rights", as they did not exist in Gaza before October 7. No political freedom, no freedom for minorities or women or LGBT people. 

The world has no need of ANOTHER state that holds these primitive and inhuman beliefs. There are plenty already.

Well I hate that many countries are extremely anti LGBT but I wouldn't go so far as to think the west has any business forcing other countries to not be like that. Israelis overwhelmingly don't want a two state solution because they have zero trust that such a new state wouldn't become stronger with Iran's backing to seriously threaten their existence. Israelis are not wrong about that. Israel is very tiny and with all the B.S. about "land stealing" it remains very tiny and stuck in a VERY HOSTILE neighborhood.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well I hate that many countries are extremely anti LGBT but I wouldn't go so far as to think the west has any business forcing other countries to not be like that. Israelis overwhelmingly don't want a two state solution because they have zero trust that such a new state wouldn't become stronger with Iran's backing to seriously threaten their existence. Israelis are not wrong about that. Israel is very tiny and with all the B.S. about "land stealing" it remains very tiny and stuck in a VERY HOSTILE neighborhood.

Do approve of the Biden Administration pushing for regime change in Israel?  

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do approve of the Biden Administration pushing for regime change in Israel?  

That's rather dramatic.

Most Israelis want Netanyahu gone.

He stays only because of the war.

So he's incentivized to keep the war going indefinitely to avoid losing power.

So I agree with most Israelis desire to see him gone and I agree with Biden and Schumer he should be gone, but of course I don't agree with the diplomatic angle of being so explicit about that.

My impression is that this has become back burner anyway, and you just made that comment to attack Biden because you want fascist Trump to win. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's rather dramatic.

Most Israelis want Netanyahu gone.

He stays only because of the war.

So he's incentivized to keep the war going indefinitely to avoid losing power.

So I agree with most Israelis desire to see him gone and I agree with Biden and Schumer he should be gone, but of course I don't agree with the diplomatic angle of being so explicit about that.

My impression is that this has become back burner anyway, and you just made that comment to attack Biden because you want fascist Trump to win. 

I wanted your opinion on whether or not you felt it appropriate for the Biden Administration to be attacking Netanyahu. He was elected, and he has a bipartisan war cabinet, correct? 

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wouldnt go so far as forcing them, but creating another one does no good.

I would also tie any aid to certain behavior and civil standards. Many people want aid to Israel tied to their behavior. Fair enough. Lets have the same standard for Gaza. No aid until the hostages are free, and until a civil society can be in place.  It's frustrating- Gaza could flourish under the right conditions and with proper freedoms. But it cannot when the head hackers and homophobes are in charge. 

The size issue is also ignored by the anti-semites. The Arab states are 50 TIMES the size of Israel in  population, and 500 times the area. Who is David and who is Goliath? 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I wanted your opinion on whether or not you felt it appropriate for the Biden Administration to be attacking Netanyahu. He was elected, and he has a bipartisan war cabinet, correct? 

Yes but less publicly. 

Posted (edited)

Now that the protesters/occupiers are slowly being cleared from the various campuses, some remarkable footage has emerged of the damage, graffiti and vandalized furnishings which they left behind.

It seems quite reasonable to me that those who caused the damage should neither graduate nor be permitted to return to university, which is after all a considerable privilege, until the bill for cleaning up and restoration is met.

How they meet that bill is of course up to them - Hamas' multi millionaire leaders may care to dip into their swollen bank accounts...

Edited by herfiehandbag

15 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Now that the protesters/occupiers are slowly being cleared from the various campuses, some remarkable footage has emerged of the damage, graffiti and vandalized furnishings which they left behind.

It seems quite reasonable to me that those who caused the damage should neither graduate nor be permitted to return to university, which is after all a considerable privilege, until the bill for cleaning up and restoration is met.

How they meet that bill is of course up to them - Hamas' multi millionaire leaders may care to dip into their swollen bank accounts...

Wrong. You said protesters/occupiers, but you failed to preface it with the obligatory "mostly peaceful". You'll never get a job at the Times

On 5/4/2024 at 3:50 PM, Neeranam said:

That just goes to show that some posters don't do any research about the videos they post and also don't know much about the situation . 

They see a video critical of Israel and without even checking whether its honest and factual, they just post the video on forums .

The YouTube comments are full of people saying the Jewish guy is terrible taking the Woman's house , A quick bit of searching shows that the Arab woman didn't pay her rent money to the Jewish owners of the land and house and the Jewish guy is the new tenant .

The Arab woman seems to think that she has the right to stay in the house rent free .

The video doesn't portray facts and its deceptive , bur Palestine supporters lap it up and spread the video without having any knowledge of the facts  .

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/5/2024 at 12:45 PM, Jingthing said:

Israel is very tiny and with all the B.S. about "land stealing" it remains very tiny and stuck in a VERY HOSTILE neighborhood.

Are you saying because Israel is small compared to some of its neighbours, they should be allowed by the international community to steal others' land? 

That's what it appears to be what you are implying. 

Do you think Israel is larger in area since 1967? If so, who gave them the land?

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 12:20 PM, Jingthing said:

I agree of course that no group of people is a monolith.

But I totally reject your assertion that you lack bias on the conflict and also your totally absurd insinuation that homophobia there isn't extremely severe and widespread. You might gain some credibility if you took some effort to be more honest.

I'm not interested in gaining credibility, I say it as I see it. 

54 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are you saying because Israel is small compared to some of its neighbours, they should be allowed by the international community to steal others' land? 

That's what it appears to be what you are implying. 

Do you think Israel is larger in area since 1967? If so, who gave them the land?

Much of the land was purchased legally , Jews bought the land from the Arabs in the normal way that people buy land from others .

No different from a Scottish Jews buying a house from  Scottish Muslims (Change that to Thai, if you're Thai today)

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1