House Republicans Probe University Funding Amid Israel-Hamas Protests

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

So members of congress that support Israel get more funding from Israel than those that support Hamas. 

Where’s Alvin Bragg, there has to be another Trump indictment in that somewhere…

Let’s stick to what we know.

A great deal of money is being fed to Members of Congress from pro-Israeli sources.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s a challenge for you.

Provide evidence that any of that was organized by the university.

Not the university, university people. 

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here’s a challenge for you.

Provide evidence that any of that was organized by the university.

Here's a better challenge, quote me where I claimed they were. As for right wing, I go where the facts are be that there or from left such as Fetterman:

Senator Fetterman Slams Campus Protests as "Pup Tents for Hamas"

Alot of slightly used tents, ice chests up for grabs. If I was a student protestor I think I'd take the tent I bought with me. Unless, of course Protest supplies were free.

• Confused 1

Just now, mogandave said:

Not the university, university people. 

Be careful.

The claim is Universities are radicalizing students.

A university is a very specific entity.

’University people’ what does that mean?

We already know a significant number of people arrested at these protests were not students or affiliated with the university.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's a better challenge, quote me where I claimed they were. As for right wing, I go where the facts are be that there or from left such as Fetterman:

Senator Fetterman Slams Campus Protests as "Pup Tents for Hamas"

How about this class that was given to students at  Columbia its sister college, Barnard, Charlotte Kates.

So not a class given by the University or College and therefore not evidence of the University radicalizing students.

I’m glad we’ve cleared that up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How about this class that was given to students at  Columbia its sister college, Barnard, Charlotte Kates.

So not a class given by the University or College and therefore not evidence of the University radicalizing students.

Did you read the link. It will clear that up for you.

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Let’s stick to what we know.

A great deal of money is being fed to Members of Congress from pro-Israeli sources.

And a great deal of money is being fed to universities by anti-Israeli sources. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

For sure. 

The university didn't organize this. Jeez. Talk about ridiculous conspiracy theories.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

In the end. Too much money. Time for reform.

Indeed. It’s time to tax university endowments and eliminate the student loan program. Let the universities finance tuition.

7 minutes ago, mogandave said:

As soon as you define anti-Israel and credible. 

It was you who inserted ‘Anti-Israel’ 

‘Credible’ is the thing you aren’t when you can’t produce links to information you claim backs your arguments.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It was you who inserted ‘Anti-Israel’ 

‘Credible’ is the thing you aren’t when you can’t produce links to information you claim backs your arguments.

Do you agree Qatar and Saudi and the UAE are anti Israel? 

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As in a footy tournament?

Footy tournament. is that an LBGT thing? 

or is there some other relevance to you question?

If you are going to claim they are not anti-Israel, then putting effort into showing their donations is pointless. 

Even once it’s show. to be true, you’ll just excuse it and claim it does not affect the coursework the university offers. 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, mogandave said:

And a great deal of money is being fed to universities by anti-Israeli sources. 

Indeed with Qatar who also funds Hamas being a major one although I'm sure Qatar will deny being anti Israel

Qatar’s ties to US universities scrutinised amid rise in antisemitism

Qatar has emerged as the largest foreign donor to US universities, contributing $5.1bn since 1986

In the wake of October 7, scrutiny of Qatar’s relationship with Hamas and the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood has intensified.

Texas A&M University last month announced that it would close the satellite campus it established in Doha in 2003. The university cited “regional instability” for its decision, but it has also faced unwanted publicity since October 7 about its patron’s ties to Hamas.

https://www.ft.com/content/d0a16f75-8b05-4ff9-b5f1-d473d7f5a704

https://archive.ph/9OV5F

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Footy tournament. is that an LBGT thing? 

If you are going to claim they are not anti-Israel, then putting effort into showing their donations is pointless. 

Even once it’s show. to be true, you’ll just excuse it and claim it does not affect the coursework the university offers. 

I still haven’t got a clue what you are banging on about.

Saudi Arabia and Israel are in close agreement on Turkish interventions in the Middle East.

UAE and Israel armed forces conduct joint operations.

Netanyahu played a pivotal role in Qatari aid to Hamas.

So please tell us what point you are trying to make.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Indeed with Qatar who also funds Hamas being a major one although I'm sure Qatar will deny being anti Israel

Qatar has emerged as the largest foreign donor to US universities, contributing $5.1bn since 1986

In the wake of October 7, scrutiny of Qatar’s relationship with Hamas and the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood has intensified.

Texas A&M University last month announced that it would close the satellite campus it established in Doha in 2003. The university cited “regional instability” for its decision, but it has also faced unwanted publicity since October 7 about its patron’s ties to Hamas.

Qatari aid to Hamas was signed off on by Netanyahu.

Is this the bit were you say that was discussed ages ago?

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

But that’s just the Qatari leadership, the Qatari people actually love Israel, it’s the Qatari people that love Israel that donate to universities in the US. 

IMG_0427.thumb.jpeg.1d6c67175533c5e1c5138452c1bd4fed.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I still haven’t got a clue what you are banging on about.

Saudi Arabia and Israel are in close agreement on Turkish interventions in the Middle East.

UAE and Israel armed forces conduct joint operations.

Netanyahu played a pivotal role in Qatari aid to Hamas.

So please tell us what point you are trying to make.

That’s what I thought, thanks!

Qatari aid to Hamas was signed off on by Netanyahu.

Is this the bit were you say that was discussed ages ago?

It was paid well before and continues to be paid now. But yes as you know a different topic discussed to death months ago. Nothing to do with Qatar funding US colleges

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It was paid well before and continues to be paid now. But yes as you know a different topic discussed to death months ago. Nothing to do with Qatar funding US colleges

Let’s stick to what we know, Israel bad, Hamas good.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Institute for the Study of Global Antisemitism and Policy

In 2023, ISGAP published a report claiming that Texas A&M’s Qatar campus was being used by the Qatari government for nuclear research.

However, Welsh stated that the campus is not involved in any nuclear research and that ISGAP’s claims were “false and irresponsible”. ISGAP’s credibility was questioned and it was also accused of falsely targeting the faculty members named in its report.[7] In 2018, ISGAP was also alleged of being paid $445,000 by Israel, which was nearly 80% of its revenue that year.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_for_the_Study_of_Global_Antisemitism_and_Policy

Texas A&M President Slams Qatar Report As 'Based on False Information' in Rebuttal

An antisemitism watchdog group’s allegation that a Texas A&M partnership with Qatar could make weapons technology available to U.S. adversaries is false, the university president said.

https://thetexan.news/issues/education/texas-a-m-president-slams-qatar-report-as-based-on-false-information-in-rebuttal/article_21217586-ae46-11ee-a3ff-bb7b702edb15.html

ISGAP Funding

This year’s program was given a boost by a US$1.3 million ($1.74 million) grant (over three years) from the government of Israel.

https://thecjn.ca/news/ngo-looks-to-combat-anti-semitism-through-academia/

Think tank failed to disclose six-figure grant from Israeli government

https://forward.com/israel/453339/israel-antisemitism-isgap-think-tank-foreign-funding/

ISGAP is behind latest DM funding of university claims

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Let’s stick to what we know, Israel bad, Hamas good.

"Let’s stick to what we know, you believe, Israel bad, Hamas good.

Please only speak for yourself and do not try and put words into the mouths of others who either totally disagree with you or are divided in their opinion!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

"Let’s stick to what we know, you believe, Israel bad, Hamas good.

Please only speak for yourself and do not try and put words into the mouths of others who either totally disagree with you or are divided in their opinion!

Thanks!

• Sad 1