Thailand listed among top 10 countries with highest number of sex workers worldwide

It’s the oldest profession in the world it’s now Thailand legally recognised it and follow the likes of those countries Amsterdam and Germany as examples and provide certain areas and buildings where the sex trade can carry on there business without fear of persecution. Every ladybar in Thailand and there are many 1,000s had girls and ladyboys selling sex and they survive by paying off corrupt officials on a monthly basis 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Standing at the top is China, with 5 million workers, followed by India (3 million), the US (1 million), the Philippines (800,000), Mexico (500,000), Germany (400,000), Brazil (250,000), Thailand (250,000), Bangladesh (200,000), and South Korea (147,000).

Although Thailand is in the top ten,

If they calculate as per capita, Thailand should be at or near the top.

China:  .345%  (pop 1,450,000,000)

Thai:    .348%   (pop 71,850,000)

We win!!!!!!!

Edited by NoDisplayName

Posted (edited)

The major sex tourism prostitution in tourism areas is based on a dream of a better future finding a man, and relocate. Then you have the grey marked who is freelancing, and really do not ask for money, but in good tradition accept any gifts.

Prostitution in Thailand have many layers, from a handjob at a massage parlors to forced prostitution.

Difficult to set a number on whats prostitution or not, but some here claim married women should be recognized as prostitutes as well, mostly from men who see all ladies as prostitutes. Sad really

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

These numbers are way off.... for OnlyFans alone, in The US (3 year old data, so it's a lot more now)

Study says, US (1 million)!

More like 15,000,000.

Not sure if 4+% of Thais are OF sex workers... 

image.png.861a69bf2030edb72f719ee2b14b3cd7.png

2 hours ago, petedk said:

I have just editted. There are 27,000 sex workers in Pattay, not 200,00 as I previously thought

Sorry according to the RTP there are no sex workers in Pattaya

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKKKevin said:

Agreed!... If they were to this analysis base on prostitutes per capita Thailand would most likely be at the top!... 😋

Get your calculator out then

I doubt those totals, so easy to 'round up or down' to find nice figures of 250,000, one million - reminds me of media crowd estimates where they tend to over-estimate imo

Going to thousandths - three decimal places

Thailand and USA - three per thousand 0.003

Philippines - six per thousand 0.006

58 minutes ago, sampson said:

the point is they don't have to sell their bodies, and what they do with the money usually doesn't have much to do with basic survival.

It's certainly not coerced, in most cases. Everyone has choices. But in an environment where real, viable, long-term economic opportunities for mostly under educated women are limited, bad decisions often get made out of necessity. And often with familial pressure to support the extended family (not to be discounted). It's even sadder when you see these women then wasting their money on luxury goods (because that very same money could just as well be used as a way out, but that requires real discipline). But bad decisions often beget more bad decisions, and the beat goes on... But I'll say this in closing, no decent human being who has a daughter, would ever want such a life for their own daughter, so why would you want it for anyone's daughter.

21 hours ago, freeworld said:

By extension it seems Thailand is the number 1 destination in the world to visit for misogynistic or lecherous men.

Another misguided remark. Educate yourself more because you have no idea. 90% of sex workers in Thailand is geared up for Thai only. On Rachada there are what I thought were massive very beautiful looking hotels. No they are brothels for only Thai men. Hairdresses provide more than cut and blow dry. And it's not only men. I used to stay in a condo and at night there was a restaurant with live singing and music.  The posh cars would roll up and out would hobble old classy ladies "Thai". They would be entertained by young gigolo men who would sit and dance with them. It was fun to watch. Not seedy and the ladies were very jealous of others dancing with their gigolo.  Ball room dancing not hand bags and the slosh. It is very much a Thai culture thing. Crazy how westerners try to put their idea of morals on a thousand year way of life. Sex is not thought the same in Thailand. Being a good husband means more to a Thai woman than being a young handsome man because they know they are all butterflies. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Thai's very smart. 

I don't see it as a negative. 

These girls from poor families selling sex to guy's who have money. 

I reckon it's only the loser's, the nerdy guys, the guys without money, they will be doing the complaining about this ranking of Thailand's sex workers. 

You missed out the fat, ugly, big bellied, big titted guys. These guys will always have money. It is the only way they will ever get sexual services, and even that is pushing it a bit. 😄

22 hours ago, Purdey said:

Not sure how they came to the total of 250,000. I wonder if they asked people, "Are you a prostitute?"

I read somewhere that two out of every three adult males in Thailand use prostitutes in some form. Another thing, it is as hard to find a good looking Thai male as it is to find an unattractive Thai female.

20 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Germany has 60% more sex workers than Thailand? Yea right. Sorry I can't take this report seriously.

Why wouldn't they, Germany recognises the sex trade and has done for centuries.

I was stationed in Germany early 70s and bars showing what is now known as adult movies were quite common, and with customers of both sexes.

The Eros Center was probably the most famous brothel in the world.

21 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Germany has 60% more sex workers than Thailand? Yea right. Sorry I can't take this report seriously.

I'd read more about it but unfortunately the OP didn't link to the actual report.

I'm from Germany, did I miss something? 🤔

7 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Once again Thailand disappoints. Time to move to China. 😂😂😂

Watch and not trample on all the spittals on the pavements, and especially do not go into an all you can eat buffet.

• Haha 2

Thailand is so advanced, it is the only country in the World that is a leading sex-tourism destination, where there is no prostitution.

And so, so advanced, that if you deny it or contradict the official party line, you will be charged or deported for saying so!

Chaiyo!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If they could MAKE AS MUCH MONEY not renting their bodies they would.

You forget one bit: with as little effort as it is now.

And I can grant you that if anyone living in thailand would be interested in making 100k++ bath/month working a few hours a day.

You know, you CAN earn that much money. But you have to work your ass off since you are young. And it's valid in every country. 

Last time I dated a girl, she was a graduated at college, she was working full time as a teacher in a private school and she owned a couple of coffee boots. No kids. And yet, guess what she was doing for some extra cash

Edited by Alex80
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I read somewhere that two out of every three adult males in Thailand use prostitutes in some form. Another thing, it is as hard to find a good looking Thai male as it is to find an unattractive Thai female.

A bit unfair, some Thai males wearing dresses look quite attractive to me ....... But then I'm used to looking at British women.

Edited by BritManToo

5 hours ago, Alex80 said:

Since in Germany it's legal and managed, the figures are close to reality.

For most countries the figures are based on estimations and should be picked with a grain of salt.

Yes that's my point. They compare totally different economies. One where numbers are close to reality because things are legal + regulated and another where the officials can march through the seediest red light district with hundreds of prostitutes lined up and come out at the other end declaring there's no prostitution happening. It's a disconnect from reality.

• Like 1

This stats were wrong from the begining: should measure "per capita" not by volume. 

I think Poland has way more ^^^ of those than Thailand

1 hour ago, markus said:

I'm from Germany, did I miss something? 🤔

Yea I must have also missed the short time resorts in every little Hintertumpfingen 🙂

And is it also in the top 10 of countries where sex workers have deadly STD disease or virus like aids or syphillis ? On the first stages of such STD usually it does not show on the patient so better think twice before rushing into any seedy back street "entertainement parlour".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Maybe in this sources traditional category that they don't even define. Like brothels in Germany. Their whatever way of counting doesn't apply in Thailand: The freelancers, sideliners, millions of girls on various "dating" websites. Add these to the various bargirls, massage, karaoke, and the domestic supply for domestic demand. Could be 2 million. And that would be in the rolling 18 to 48 age bracket. I would estimate there are about 20 million Thai females in this group. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Maybe in this sources traditional category that they don't even define. Like brothels in Germany. Their whatever way of counting doesn't apply in Thailand: The freelancers, sideliners, millions of girls on various "dating" websites. Add these to the various bargirls, massage, karaoke, and the domestic supply for domestic demand. Could be 2 million. And that would be in the rolling 18 to 48 age bracket. I would estimate there are about 20 million Thai females in this group. 

That number of 20 million sounds excessive. A quick google of demographics indicates that there are only about 25 million women between 15-65 range.

• Haha 1