Thailand listed among top 10 countries with highest number of sex workers worldwide

On 5/2/2024 at 6:10 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

It would be interesting to see how many locals work in those jobs in different countries.

It seems in some countries many of the sex workers are from other countries. 

Any male / female breakdown?

7 hours ago, Airwolf said:

These numbers are way off.... for OnlyFans alone, in The US (3 year old data, so it's a lot more now)

Study says, US (1 million)!

More like 15,000,000.

Not sure if 4+% of Thais are OF sex workers... 

image.png.861a69bf2030edb72f719ee2b14b3cd7.png

But they are empowered females fighting the patriarchy! Soul by soul.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

You don't think there might be some issue with it?  Maybe the girls are damaged by being pressured into doing it?  Or, if they are "happy" to do it, maybe the reason for that is that they are culturally damaged?

Plenty of degeneracy back home, but at least we acknowledge that there's normally a negative cause behind it and it is damaging to the woman long-term.

Yeah, whores are the victims here. 'She didn't know what a penis was'. Okay. Okay. Please.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

Few of them want to do it as a living, if at all (stop kidding yourselves). They'd do something else almost immediately, if they could make a living at it. They do it to survive. And that's an unfortunate predicament.

Unless you have vast experience with hundreds of these girls I don't think you can generalise like that. 

Doing something to 'survive' would be working for a few baht to pay the bills and eat basic food.

As others have said on here, a good percentage of the girls earn good money, way above the average Thai wage, and can afford to more than survive. That's why a lot of them do it. Lots of money in a short space of time. 

They can support family / kids, buy nice things, and a lot of them genuinely have a lot of fun in a similar way to blokes having fun going out drinking and pulling women. Most are not obliged to go with every single customer and can choose who they go off with. Most. 

Many end up moving abroad with their foreign partners who they met while 'working'. I know several who are now living a great life in the UK, Canada, Switzerland etc. Settled and content family women now. With a bit of Thai craziness chucked in of course...

Think about it this way. There are a lot of poor countries where the girls don't have an opportunity to make money like this. Their country might be a sh hole, zero tourism, crap weather and the women are not blessed with good looks. Those are the women we should feel sorry for. They have no opportunities, no fun, no escape route. 

Thailand is an an incredible and beautiful country with a warm climate, and the women on the whole are more attractive than in most countries, plus they like to party. Why shouldn't they take advantage of the influx of westerners that Thailand draws in? 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Fake news because Thailand have lower population number and lower prostitution population number at the same time we have USA first country in prostitution furthermore its very common "situation" to ....pay for sex and Holland have the higher murders number of prostitution than any other country.... and Holland o.f.f.i.c.i.a.l.l.y have political Party of pedophiles .......and Dutch people audacy is that they accused Thailand underdeveloped prostitution Nation and .....pedophillia.

Sure they are kidding us!

Besides of that we should estimate than during corona fairy tale Austria was the first country in brothel subsidies arount €35.000.000 for brothels and strip "shows".

I have Austria news if someone wants official fund figures ........(it is in Germany language)

Can you estimate Austria brothel subsidies for one sex worker (hypothetically €1.000) ......how many m.i.l.l.i.o.n.s subsidize?

And we are talking about Thailand prostitution at the same time where in European States prostitution its something common among population (mainly Ukranians -Russians -and Muslim immigrants).

I am absolutely sure that Thailand prostitution reputation is Chinese international game to attract Chinese enterprice tourists globally and to hide Thailand monumental history and legacy. Nothing more and nothing less.

Its unacceptable and organized crime against Thailand population the "legacy" prostitution reputation something about of negerian mafia which act in Hamburg Germany.

Edited by Paris333
  • Confused 2

The official stats rarely consider all those fine young girls working in banks, offices, shops or even some wearing brown uniforms,  who indulge in part time,  free-lance prostitution. Check out the Thermae Bar in BKK and you'll know what we are talking here. 😉Or even in most clubs where it all looks like a usual "discothèque", great DJ's are playing, great girls all around that look like "normal", you chat them up and when it's time to start talking the business, she splits out her rate for a hanky-panky back at the hotel !!  Strongly doubt that these fine young women would be accounted for in the stats all over.

• Haha 2

On 5/2/2024 at 4:06 PM, Purdey said:

Not sure how they came to the total of 250,000. I wonder if they asked people, "Are you a prostitute?"

Exactly, a survey like this can only be considered real in a country where prostitution is legal such as Germany. Elsewhere it's just a rough estimate. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/2/2024 at 8:18 PM, ChipButty said:

They have it wrong, I can confirm Thailand is No1 

The are all on the game you are not safe anywhere, 

I just thought they liked older men and partying 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, off road pat said:

This must be wrong,....There is no prostitution in Thailand !!!

All these police and military checked walking street in Pattaya a couple of years ago and couldn't find any !!!

Thailand - No Prostitution in Pattaya.jpg

They all look like they could do with a blowy.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't disagree. However, that would probably reduce the profits of the status quo.

For example, the biggest karaoke/brothel in Chiang Mai is owned by a high police official.

Legalising it though it would open other income streams for the authorities. That brothel you mention would be able to continue operating but be legal. Tax liabilities come into play but a decent accountant can fix that without too much disruption. 

The faux shock on here from guys who very likely use these services I might add, is pathetic. Led by the noses by a headline. Doh!

The way this is calculated can be a bit dodgy. You can be a sex worker and never have sex, say you work as a dancer in a topless joint you will be considered a sex worker even if you never go with a customer, 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Unless you have vast experience with hundreds of these girls I don't think you can generalise like that. 

Doing something to 'survive' would be working for a few baht to pay the bills and eat basic food.

As others have said on here, a good percentage of the girls earn good money, way above the average Thai wage, and can afford to more than survive. That's why a lot of them do it. Lots of money in a short space of time. 

They can support family / kids, buy nice things, and a lot of them genuinely have a lot of fun in a similar way to blokes having fun going out drinking and pulling women. Most are not obliged to go with every single customer and can choose who they go off with. Most. 

Many end up moving abroad with their foreign partners who they met while 'working'. I know several who are now living a great life in the UK, Canada, Switzerland etc. Settled and content family women now. With a bit of Thai craziness chucked in of course...

Think about it this way. There are a lot of poor countries where the girls don't have an opportunity to make money like this. Their country might be a sh hole, zero tourism, crap weather and the women are not blessed with good looks. Those are the women we should feel sorry for. They have no opportunities, no fun, no escape route. 

Thailand is an an incredible and beautiful country with a warm climate, and the women on the whole are more attractive than in most countries, plus they like to party. Why shouldn't they take advantage of the influx of westerners that Thailand draws in? 

The vast majority of people, unless emotionally or psychologically damaged, don't "happily and willingly" choose a career as a sex worker (specifically, those that engage in the exchange of sexual services through direct physical contact), and just because they do it "for the money" or to "pay the bills" (which ostensibly means to survive their chosen lifestyle) doesn't make it any more emotionally healthy or desirable. I dare you to ask any of them, what they really really want, and I assure you (if they are being completely honest, and are not embarrassed -- which if you are a customer you will only get their lies), most will say "not this life."  Your own generalizations only validate your opinions (and like so many others, it makes you feel better about yourself and what you abide, and that's on you). I've said it once and I will say it again... No decent human being who has ever had a daughter would ever want this life for their own daughter, so why would you want it for someone else's daughter. Please, have just a little empathy and compassion.

Edited by Cabradelmar
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 2:41 PM, snoop1130 said:

The report also ranked the countries with the highest number of sex workers. Standing at the top is China, with 5 million workers, followed by India (3 million), the US (1 million), the Philippines (800,000), Mexico (500,000), Germany (400,000), Brazil (250,000), Thailand (250,000), Bangladesh (200,000), and South Korea (147,000).

Now, reorder this taking into account population size. Thailand would be top.

Also, I am sure it isn't counting Thailand's plethora of online freelancers and sideliners who hold down regular full time jobs or studies, nor the fact that almost every regular masseuse in the country offers you a handy with an oil massage and will drop her knickers for the right price.

Thailand is actually #1 for sure.  This is what they excel at.

Edited by FruitPudding

22 hours ago, eisfeld said:

I live most of my life in Germany. The effect of being legalized and regulated just means that it's not hidden and numbers are available. To compare it to other places where it's a completely dark economy doesn't work. Having lived in both Germany and Thailand I can with confidence state that Thailand has way more sex workers than Germany.

It's 50 years since I lived in Germany and the sex trade was very widespread. much more so than Thailand.

Your confident statement may or may not be right, no one will ever know, but I can state with confidence it is certainly made with misconceptions.

On 5/2/2024 at 2:41 PM, snoop1130 said:

... Snip ...

Empower Foundation's human rights activist Chatchalawan Mueangchan, has reported that the Protection of Sex Service Act was proposed over five years ago to the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (M-Society), but has seen no progress since.

Earlier this year, Chatchalawan and the sex industry representatives in Thailand repeated their call for progress on the act. They insist that sex work is a bona fide job and should thus have equivalent employment rights. The issue was highlighted again on Labour Day.

... End Snip ...

I fully agree with this. As long as the girls and the boys are entering the trade on their own, and not through a pimp or human trafficking. 

I wonder how they made their list.

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand and the number of prostitutes is impossible to list.

Also, many "sex workers" operate nowadays trough Social Media and are impossible to list.

On 5/3/2024 at 6:24 AM, Gknrd said:

Yeah, agree. Thailand has got it down to an art. Still pulls me back once a year. If the air was breathable year long It would be heaven. Sadly it ain't.

Butt and Pussy Farts... Major contributed Thailand's Air Pollution! Try going into any Parlor.... They are dead set to stop you! It' not smoking kills... it's from the burns inhaled. I know a Bartender who spent 3 weeks after being removed from under "HER" Bar....severly burned ( inhaled severely burnt - lungs and throat!!)

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, davidstipek said:

Butt and Pussy Farts... Major contributed Thailand's Air Pollution! Try going into any Parlor.... They are dead set to stop you! It' not smoking kills... it's from the burns inhaled. I know a Bartender who spent 3 weeks after being removed from under "HER" Bar....severly burned ( inhaled severely burnt - lungs and throat!!)

Farmers and their so-called burnings finally found not to blame...

It's their Daughters they sent to cities to work! She rights home... Sorry income down, in Hospital... But got Burned!

Edited by davidstipek
Spelling
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, davidstipek said:

Farmers and their so-called burnings finally found not to blame...

It's their Daughters they sent to cities to work! She rights home... Sorry income down, in Hospital... But got Burned!

I head Facebook had to throw out their May 1st poll on this feature, Seems 96% of the Thai Woman on Facebook are Workers. Ask any users if they think about, talk about, have or engage in while using Face Book... They would fail Lie Detector Test (this is a Daily ritual!!

Edited by davidstipek
Misspelling
  • Confused 1

On 5/2/2024 at 6:16 AM, Kinnock said:

So if I paid a chef to cook a meal for me, does that mean I hate food?

being a chef myself you are paying for an experience as if you cooked it at home its gonna be cheaper-hence street food cheaper than a cafe...labor costs-rent-staff-etc

I dont pay for sex here as i achieve the same results with other means.....i dont need steak daily to be satiated....(wink)

food is food anyone can learn to cook..esp in this digital age.....i rarely eat out as i know food cost and what goes on in most kitchens....30+ yrs.....

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 12:12 PM, Cabradelmar said:

The vast majority of people, unless emotionally or psychologically damaged, don't "happily and willingly" choose a career as a sex worker (specifically, those that engage in the exchange of sexual services through direct physical contact), and just because they do it "for the money" or to "pay the bills" (which ostensibly means to survive their chosen lifestyle) doesn't make it any more emotionally healthy or desirable. I dare you to ask any of them, what they really really want, and I assure you (if they are being completely honest, and are not embarrassed -- which if you are a customer you will only get their lies), most will say "not this life."  Your own generalizations only validate your opinions (and like so many others, it makes you feel better about yourself and what you abide, and that's on you). I've said it once and I will say it again... No decent human being who has ever had a daughter would ever want this life for their own daughter, so why would you want it for someone else's daughter. Please, have just a little empathy and compassion.

Sure, ME TOO!!!

If I can have my chosen lifestyle with a less stressful job, I will do something else. And this is valid for every single human being on this planet.

SO WHAT?

You are just perpetrating the stigma that prostitution is inherently bad, therefore people who do it must have problems. Why someone would choose to <deleted> a stranger twice a week when s/he could be happy working in a factory 40 hours a week for 1/4 of the revenue?

" No decent human being who has ever had a daughter would ever want this life for their own daughter, so why would you want it for someone else's daughter. Please, have just a little empathy and compassion."

This is the best bit. No one wants, and who wants (and there are plenty, specially in Thailand) isn't decent. 

You are just judging from a moral point of view. 

TBH, I've seen far worse things than prostuiion in the Thai culture.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Alex80 said:

Sure, ME TOO!!!

If I can have my chosen lifestyle with a less stressful job, I will do something else. And this is valid for every single human being on this planet.

SO WHAT?

You are just perpetrating the stigma that prostitution is inherently bad, therefore people who do it must have problems. Why someone would choose to <deleted> a stranger twice a week when s/he could be happy working in a factory 40 hours a week for 1/4 of the revenue?

" No decent human being who has ever had a daughter would ever want this life for their own daughter, so why would you want it for someone else's daughter. Please, have just a little empathy and compassion."

This is the best bit. No one wants, and who wants (and there are plenty, specially in Thailand) isn't decent. 

You are just judging from a moral point of view. 

TBH, I've seen far worse things than prostuiion in the Thai culture.

Stop it. You have never been so limited in your life choices to where you would have had to make anywhere near the difficult choices most prostitutes have had and do make. Your comments show a profound lack of compassion, empathy and sympathy. Whatever helps you sleep at night, sport'o. But what you abibe, is on you (#fact). And yes, YOU personally NEED more perspective, you need to see your mother, sister, daughter as a prostitute. And then, if you abide, than you are a failed excuse for a decent human being (and a typical whore mongering expat). Truth always hurts. That's your life, sobeit. Customers of prostitutes always lack the ability to see the real and ugly truths of the profession. But it's ok because you pay and they take your money. So that makes it fair and equitable in your small mind. Because hey, could be worse, and no one died, and everyone got what they expected... lol (#dolt)

Edited by Cabradelmar
  • Like 1