Emmanuel Macron explains why he thinks Europe is in mortal danger

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Beat me to it.

But not only Macron, it's also the rest of his liberal chums in the EU, stifling Europe's ability to compete with ever increasing rules and regulations.

Their failing federalist project and inability to protect their borders will cause Europe tremendous damage. These things go in cycles and the heyday of the West is over, the rise of the East is well underway. 

Yeah, he expresses the threats to Europe and what must be changed to thwart that threat but as the leader of France he did the opposite it seems to me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

The biggest threat to Europe and it's civilisation are it's Muslim immigrants.

And they can't see it. Slowly but surely western civilization is being eroded away and taken over by Asians and in particular those of Islamic beliefs

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, RayC said:

I agree with your conclusion (final sentence).

However, the size and economic clout of the single market and customs union will go some way to mitigating against the decline in the EU.

Sadly the ill-judged decision of the UK to leave the bloc means that we no longer have the guarantee of these safety nets. Instead - given the absence of any FTAs with the likes of China, India and the US - we continue to be dependent on the largesse of the EU for our economic prosperity. Oh, the irony.

Oh, I can't see the irony. The EU will be always generous to UK .....as long you follow EU's rules. And here comes the dilemma:

you wanted to be independent from Brussels. However, being "in" the club you would have had a say. But being "out" you have to obey. Bad Karma😆😩

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

Macron says "vote for me".

Thai black magic has said that Europe will become Islamic.

It seems that will be the fate of western Europe. The east will resist.

The 'great' western civilization has run its course - it managed to last approx. 600 years, but, as with all empires, it lost the plot through hubris.

The caliber of the current so-called western 'leaders' says it all.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1