Any Palestinian flags, symbols at Malmo Eurovision show will be removed

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why is Australia?

Why is Armenia?

If you bothered to take two minutes to learn ESC qualifying rules you wouldn't need to ask such a dumb question.

Relax, man. For those interested, this article goes over it:

Why is Israel competing in Eurovision?

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/why-is-israel-competing-in-eurovision/fogy5d06y

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

people who would throw them off a roof at the first opportunity. 

Not true. Palestinians just ignore and max they will cross the road. I've seen openly 6ay people in restaurants. There are some very orthodox places in Middle East, but generally they don't give a flying banana. Its business, nothing else

btw, Arafat was "him". Latent, but "him".

• Confused 4

25 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Why is a Middle-Eastern country competing in the Eurovison?

15 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Israel is omni-present (as I was told). Simple answer, itsn't?

The question was asked 8 hours ago and I answered the question .

The  answer is about ten posts above the question you asked 

Scroll up 

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The question was asked 8 hours ago and I answered the question .

The  answer is about ten posts above the question you asked 

Scroll up 

True I should've checked. The article I found and posted gives a bit more detailed info though.

Posted (edited)

Oy vey.

The plot thickens.

What is up with the Dutch weirdo?

I had assumed Israel had zero chance of winning this year. The song is good enough to win but I assumed politics and the thought of another Eurovision in Israel would kill it. I still think that, but ...???

Edited by Jingthing

On 5/10/2024 at 11:12 AM, rocketboy2 said:

They have been in it, a very long time.

Israel has won the contest on four occasions: in 1978 with the song "A-Ba-Ni-Bi" performed by Izhar Cohen and the Alphabeta, in 1979 with the song "Hallelujah" performed by Milk and Honey, in 1998 with the song "Diva" performed by Dana International and in 2018 with the song "Toy" performed by Netta Barzilai.

You didn't explain why a Middle East country is in a European contest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Well, as you always say, Israel has many Palestinian citizens, so if Israel is competing, why would the symbols of some of their citizens be banned? That sounds anti-semitic to me. 

The topic is about Palestinian Flags/Symbols removed, not Muslim. Why you bring Jews into it I have no idea.

17 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

Greta should have taken Rosie Jones advice,  something about drinking Lambrini and getting ?.  :giggle:

Well knock me down with a feather. I have to agree with Greta. Never thought I'd be doing that.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, RayC said:

Like others I struggle to see the connection between the Sadiq Khan, the London Mayoral Elections and the Eurovision Song Contest.

Sorry if it was all getting too complicated for you. I will try to dumb it down in future if i think you are reading.

Maybe start by looking at the title of the thread and the two tier policing at the pro Palestine protests in London. 

Failing that, try nzt-48. 

14 hours ago, RayC said:

Anyway just for the record - and correcting yet another of your factual inaccuracies - London does not have a "huge" Muslim population (unless you consider 15% to be huge). 

15% of the electorate is huge in any election. Not many Muslims would vote for another candidate other than Khan. He's got their back and they know it. 

Once you add in the hand wringing white guilt liberals he's got it all sewn up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Is there anything antisemitic on that placard?  It contains some harsh accusations against Israeli government policies but there is nothing anti-Jewish there.  Many Jewish people around the world have similar views about the Israeli government.

Nonsense.

It's like saying a redneck carrying a placard stating that Africans kill babies is not racist because there are black people in Germany. 

We all know that Zionist is a euphemism for Jew. 

Stop making excuses for it. We all know what it is. 

Apologists enable this to continue.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Nonsense.

It's like saying a redneck carrying a placard stating that Africans kill babies is not racist because there are black people in Germany. 

We all know that Zionist is a euphemism for Jew. 

Stop making excuses for it. We all know what it is. 

Apologists enable this to continue.

Are you saying that we should be OK that israelis have blown up thousands of children, because they are Jews?

It doesn't work that way.

If anyone is going to blow up thousands of children, oppress the legal owners of land they want to steal, carry out collective punishment and starve millions, don't expect to be given a pass because of your religion.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2024 at 11:32 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

As seen on Al Jazeera, massive demonstration outside the building, and the israeli contestant was booed very loudly inside at a rehearsal.

Why is israel even part of it? The Middle East is not in Europe.

The organisers should be regretting that they didn't ban the israeli contestant. It's going to be real on the night if she shows up, even without flags inside.

Same with Australia...

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 11:32 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

As seen on Al Jazeera, massive demonstration outside the building, and the israeli contestant was booed very loudly inside at a rehearsal.

Why is israel even part of it? The Middle East is not in Europe.

The organisers should be regretting that they didn't ban the israeli contestant. It's going to be real on the night if she shows up, even without flags inside.

Those demonstration was from 2009, so fake news. I has so far been peacefully. Will see what happen in the final tonight.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I were to make a bet that the actual night of the contest is going to be a mess, I don't think I'd get any takers.

You obviously want that.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Well, as you always say, Israel has many Palestinian citizens, so if Israel is competing, why would the symbols of some of their citizens be banned? That sounds anti-semitic to me. 

Thats stupid. Israel has one flag.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:
4 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Thats stupid. Israel has one flag.

There are more things that are considered "symbols" than just a flag. 

56 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

There are more things that are considered "symbols" than just a flag. 

You're playing games.

Israel is competing at Eurovision represented by their one flag whether haters like it or not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Sorry if it was all getting too complicated for you. I will try to dumb it down in future if i think you are reading.

😂 You don't need to worry on that front, Jonny. I could never accuse you of providing a complicated argument. Well, not one that is also coherent and rational at least.

Maybe start by looking at the title of the thread and the two tier policing at the pro Palestine protests in London. 

Let's do that. It is "Any Palestinian flags, symbols at Malmo Eurovision show will be removed".

See anything there about Sadiq Khan or the London mayoral elections? (Scroll down for the answer if the question is too difficult for you)

Answer: No 

Failing that, try nzt-48. 

The manufacturers have asked me to politely request that you stop mentioning their product: Their sales have fallen off a cliff since you started endorsing them.

15% of the electorate is huge in any election.

I'll just leave that there.

Not many Muslims would vote for another candidate other than Khan.

Debatable. The turnout in London was down compared to the last election so it is possible that some Muslim voters stayed away in protest at Labour's position re Gaza. The Labour Muslim vote was down in the other Mayoral and council elections. 

Once you add in the hand wringing white guilt liberals he's got it all sewn up.

If that's the case then the Tories will never win London again. Imo that is not the case. The Tories suffered from the unpopularity of the Westminster government and having a candidate, who was even more hapless than their previous one, Shaun Bailey (and he was very poor). 

I'm far from a Khan fanboy. Imo he hasn't been a good Mayor and is far from likeable or popular. A decent Tory candidate a la 'Andy Street' type would have done well.

7 hours ago, WDSmart said:

You still don't understand .

Israel has 2 million Israeli citizens who are of Palestinian descent , they are NOT Palestinian citizens .

Palestinian flags could be banned from the music festival due to Palestinians behaviour at the last music festival they attended :

They killed everyone there at the festival 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:48 AM, JonnyF said:

Why make an exception for the LGBT flag specifically? 

I'm all for gay rights, but this is a song contest, not a gay pride event. What about "Queers for Palestine", are they banned?

It's like politics being banned from the Premier League, but you are still allowed to take the knee for BLM. It should be all or nothing, not banned unless it happens to be a cause the organizers agree with. Is Sadiq Khan organizing it this year or something? Oh actually, probably not or it would be Israeli flags banned and Palestinian flags encouraged...

It's very much a gay event. 

• Confused 1

Let's hope the Palestinian protesters protest at ever World event until the US/Israel stop the Genocide and give the stolen settlements back to their rightful owners and give palestinians a state. 

Israel have been let off with murder for too long. 

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

We all know that Zionist is a euphemism for Jew

Rubbish. 

They're are many American Jews that have nothing to do with Israel Genocide. 

But they're are also many American Jews in Biden's office that have everything to do with Israeli genocide. 

Good video of state dept diplomat explains why she resigned

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Neeranam said:

Rubbish. 

They're are many American Jews that have nothing to do with Israel Genocide. 

But they're are also many American Jews in Biden's office that have everything to do with Israeli genocide. 

Good video of state dept diplomat explains why she resigned

Nobody has found Israel guilty of Genocide, no evidence has been found of that. The ICJ did not say it was plausible that Israel were carrying out Genocide. The US says there is no evidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nobody has found Israel guilty of Genocide, no evidence has been found of that. The ICJ did not say it was plausible that Israel were carrying out Genocide. The US says there is no evidence.

But the mobs of  keffiyeh clad fashionista campus protesters that often don't understand their genocidal chants have proclaimed it genocide.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Let's hope the Palestinian protesters protest at ever World event until the US/Israel stop the Genocide and give the stolen settlements back to their rightful owners and give palestinians a state. 

Israel have been let off with murder for too long. 

So reward terrorism. That always works. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So reward terrorism. That always works. 

It's working so far in Gaza, but I think that will come to an end very soon now.