Condo tax in Pattaya

I just received mine three days ago so yours may be in transit.

They were more organized at City Hall this year. I just paid my bill yesterday, in and out in 10 minutes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have received ours as new owners in 2024.

In your case, it would be prudent to make contact with City Hall, just in case, their record shows that it was posted, even though you did not receive it.

As it is such a small amount, it's not worth falling foul of the system, so better to attend at City Hall counter, offer to pay and see what happens.

• Like 1

I recieved mine on Tuesday. We have until August to pay I think so I wouldn't sweat it being a little late.

I tried to scan the QR code to pay in my Krungsri app but says can not recognize. So I guess I'm off to City Hall again, which has always been simple and quick but just a little bit of a hassle to get there.

• Like 1

I got mine yesterday in chiang mai for about 500 baht . my thai friend who owned land/house (value less than 5 mil bah)  said no tax for them. Is property tax for expats with condo only?

13 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

I got mine yesterday in chiang mai for about 500 baht . my thai friend who owned land/house (value less than 5 mil bah)  said no tax for them. Is property tax for expats with condo only?

When you live in your condo/house and have a yellow book, you not need to pay!

1 minute ago, HampiK said:

When you live in your condo/house and have a yellow book, you not need to pay!

I have a Yello book

So then what is the definition of “live” 180 days per year ?

Captain Monday- “constant international travel”

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

The Condo property tax is only for people who rent out their Condo. However to prove that you don't rent out a condo and actually live there you need to get a yellow book and show it to City Hall.

I don't know how to get a yellow book so I just pay the tax but mine is 1147 baht so I'm thinking about it

Edit: I'm wondering why a TM30, 90 day report and Residence Certificate wouldn't be enough proof that I live in my Condo?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

I have a Yello book

So then what is the definition of “live” 180 days per year ?

Captain Monday- “constant international travel”

So far I know you have to talk with your office about the tax, the first year they also send me a bill, then I gone to their office with the yellow book and the bill... It took about 30-50 minutes for them to change their mistake. Since then I always receive 0 baht for my condo where I live in.

I not sure if everyone have to show up or this is something depending on the office if they do their work in advance, or they not have this information available. Anyway it's not a big amount, in the first 2-3 years after they introduced the tax, it was even less.

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

The Condo property tax is only for people who rent out their Condo. However to prove that you don't rent out a condo and actually live there you need to get a yellow book and show it to City Hall.

I don't know how to get a yellow book so I just pay the tax but mine is 1147 baht so I'm thinking about it

It's not really about rent out or not. You have to pay for all condos which you aren't registerd, which you only can do at once.

For example if you bought extra condos for investement, for a later give to your children or whatever (even when not rent out) you have to pay the property tax.

• Agree 1

Time to sell, leave Thailand and move to another country. All the fuss here is getting out of hand and one wants to relax in retirement. Not have to spend all the time running around different offices to get documents, stamps, translatations, statements......

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can contact them on line app. You can pay through bank also.. I have an LTR Visa, where do i get a yellow book and how much does it cost and is it yearly.

I've been paying a few years via using their QR code to pay online from a bank.

Recently I got a bill but impossible to pay by QR code trying two different banks.

Someone else reported the same problem so not sure if this is universal or something about our accounts.

In any case I don't have a yellow book and don't want to bother getting one,

It was mentioned you can show up to City Hall to pay.

OK.

Is it OK to just show up with bill and passport or is it necessary to haul in a pile of documents?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It was mentioned you can show up to City Hall to pay.

OK.

Is it OK to just show up with bill and passport or is it necessary to haul in a pile of documents?

Every time I've paid at City Hall they only ever required the mailed invoice. They don't care who's paying so don't need passport or any condo docs

It's a pretty simple process. Get number, see staff who check invoice with computer and then you go to pay desks. Has only ever taken me 10 minutes max.

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Where did you hear that?

Can you provide a source?

I guess somethimes poster forget to put a smiley or two on a post. So its easier to understand.

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Every time I've paid at City Hall they only ever required the mailed invoice. They don't care who's paying so don't need passport or any condo docs

It's a pretty simple process. Get number, see staff who check invoice with computer and then you go to pay desks. Has only ever taken me 10 minutes max.

That's good to hear but incredibly annoying that the QR codes don't work! Thanks.

Just now, Jingthing said:

That's good to hear but incredibly annoying that the QR codes don't work! Thanks.

I know, I've tried last 2 years and QR code hasn't worked with Krungsri bank app

7 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I know, I've tried last 2 years and QR code hasn't worked with Krungsri bank app

I not sure, it's the same QR as in Bangkok. But for my one, with KTB and K-Bank it's working fine.

I've tried Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn.

Bangkok Bank doesn't recognize it at all.

Kasikorn shows the correct payee but not the amount due. and when the amount is entered, rejects it anyway.

Pretty sure you can pay it across the counter at a Krungthai Bank, which may be more convenient than going to City Hall depending on your location.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Pretty sure you can pay it across the counter at a Krungthai Bank, which may be more convenient than going to City Hall depending on your location.

I'm skeptical if the QR codes don't work, which they don't.

If anyone tries this, please report about it here.

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm skeptical if the QR codes don't work, which they don't.

If anyone tries this, please report about it here.

I've done it by 3 different methods in the past, in person at City Hall, across the counter at Krungthai - that payment method was/is detailed on the bill, and using my Krungsri Bank App. However with both the Krungthai and Krungsri methods there is a deadline by which payment needs to be made, beyond that neither method works and you have to pay it in person at City Hall. I learnt this as I was out of the country when my bill was delivered, tried Krungsri when I got back and it didn't work - I couldn't understand it as it had worked previously, went to Krungthai and the helpful staff informed me of the deadline. 

That's just my personal experience, since I'm here this year I'll try Krungsri first, Krungthai second and City Hall if the first 2 don't work for some other reason. City hall was painless last year, the other options are just more convenient.