British tourist arrested with cocaine hidden in passport

webfact

3 hours ago, dddave said:

I once had a condom lodge in my PP the same way. I was fortunate to notice it before I handed it over.

You'd have been fine, importing and possessing rubbers is legal here.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, marin said:

was that was slipped in by an immigration officer. Think about it- seriously. 

Seriously?   Ridiculous.

"He was traveling with the brother of a Reddit poster on one of the Thailand forums.  According to him, it was probably from a previous trip and happened to be in the carry-on bag pocket where he put his passport".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChipButty said:
4 hours ago, marin said:

slipped in by an immigration officer. Think about it- seriously. 

It wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Presumably, you can provide details of the other times that it has been done by Thai IOs at the airport to back up your claim?  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Startmeup said:

I met one of the smarter British tourists here the other day he hid it up his arse when he went on a flight. 

Was he a good friend, then.......?   😘

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, smew said:

wow;; a frequent user who forgot he placed his supply in his passport....  guy looks a lot older than 29.. 

So would I if I had just got nabbed for dope in LOS.......😱

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HK MacPhooey said:

I tell all my friends visiting Thailand to ensure they have no cannabis on them when leaving the country, especially if travelling on to Malaysia or Singapore where the sniffer dogs at customs will sniff out even a few grains on clothing or or in a bag.

I got pulled up at Istanbul Airport a few years ago when my laptop and back-pack sent the cocaine detector off the scale!  When I told the customs officer that I lived in Burma, he laughed and said 'Ah, everything from Burma is covered in cocaine, clothes, money, everything....", and he let me into the country with no further investigation 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smew said:

wow;; a frequent user who forgot he placed his supply in his passport....  guy looks a lot older than 29.. 

Most likely kept passport in same space as the bag, and after a fresh up at the plane toilet, he dropped it in to his passport! Have done it with my credit card once. The immigration just smiled at me

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Didn't this same thing happen to an Aussie about a year ago?  Small bag containing cocaine in the passport at Phuket airport found by an immigration officer.  Utterly crazy way to get caught.

Edited by swerve

11 minutes ago, swerve said:

Didn't this same thing happen to an Aussie about a year ago?  Small bag containing cocaine in the passport at Phuket airport found by an immigration officer.  Utterly crazy way to get caught.

or a set up for a quick fine and cash revenue for tea money  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sambum said:

What an absolute plonker! To try to smuggle cocaine into the country is bad enough - but in his PASSPORT! 🤪

I don't think he tried to 'smuggle' the dope in his Passport....     the story is misleading with the mention that the cocaine was 'hidden' in his passport....     

... Its far more likely that the 'pouch' ending up in his passport is pure accident... 

Perhaps even travelling with it was pure accident too...    extremely complacent behavior from whichever perspective this is viewed.

• Like 1

Criminals, as a general rule, have lower than average intelligence. After all, why do so many of them risk going to prison for years by committing nickel and dime crimes?

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

Criminals, as a general rule, have lower than average intelligence. After all, why do so many of them risk going to prison for years by committing nickel and dime crimes?

Some are very smart and never get caught!

Especially Politicians!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1