Keep Getting Approached By India Guys

JimTripper

Some Indians tourists approached me in the Tiger Park some weeks ago,they were talking to me but they were interested to peek my gf. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, zhounan said:

Some Indians tourists approached me in the Tiger Park some weeks ago,they were talking to me but they were interested to peek my gf. 

How much you get? 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I keep getting approached by India guys in Pattaya, in the evening. Starts off with 'Where are you from?' or some similar hogwash.

What could they possibly want from me in the middle of Pattaya?

I don't have the will to remain in the conversation long. Last night it was a large guy with a big gut who kind of pointed to my stomach. Did not feel like a homo thing. It's weird.

Next time tell them you are working as a translator and assisting the tourist police. Then ask to see their visas. That should bring the conversation to a head pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, Dioj said:

tell them you are working as a translator and assisting the tourist police. Then ask to see their visas

Bad idea. Really bad idea.

Had to remove a bunch of racist and homophobic and personal insult posts. If this conversation is going to keep going you'll have to tone it down.

• Love It 1

It is unlikely they are tourists. Far more likely to be some sort of scam or money making opportunity. Just say no. I have no interest in talking to you. Bug off. See ya. 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is unlikely they are tourists. Far more likely to be some sort of scam or money making opportunity. Just say no. I have no interest in talking to you. Bug off. See ya. 

Racist 

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Completely false, I don't have a racist bone in my body. I lived and working in India for a couple of years and I adore Indian people. Same applies to people of color. So, stop being ignorant. 

Yeah, they all say that. 

• Confused 2

Has anyone ever bought a suit from one of those indian tailor shops?

How do those places make any money? Even in bkk I don't think too many people wear suits, even in the business district.

7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

How do those places make any money? Even in bkk I don't think too many people wear suits, even in the business district.

I saw quite a few when I was working. Saw a few in the bank the other day.

That said, most of the shops are for tourists. 

On 5/4/2024 at 9:29 PM, Yellowtail said:

Indians are in my experience generally pretty friendly, perhaps you look like a nice guy to them. 

From the comments nobody has ever bothered to talk to any of them. I often talk to them on sontaews. Most seem to be  on trips which their work provides them as part of their salary. As you said, they are generally very friendly. It all seems a new world to them and they are interested in other people. I am aware it is an unwritten law in Pattaya that you are not meant to engage or have eye contact with anybody unless asked, but sadly they disregard this. 

On 5/4/2024 at 12:39 PM, Confuscious said:

They are SCAMMERS roaming Second Rd. in Pattaya.

Mostly 2 man.
They try to engage in a friendly conversation and one of them will point at your stomach/belly.
Next, they will say that they know an Indian herb which helps you to get rid of your belly in a short time.
And they know an Indian shop who sells this herb, not far away.
If you fall for that SCAM, they will bring you to the bazar in Second Rd. where they will sell you the herb for $$$$$$.

Thanks.

I had a guy start this line when I was wandering around drunk with my shorts around my ankles on 2nd Road one night. He did the first part of the scam, then backed off when I pulled the money from my sweat soaked loins and asked him if it was enough. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

From the comments nobody has ever bothered to talk to any of them. I often talk to them on sontaews. Most seem to be  on trips which their work provides them as part of their salary. As you said, they are generally very friendly. It all seems a new world to them and they are interested in other people. I am aware it is an unwritten law in Pattaya that you are not meant to engage or have eye contact with anybody unless asked, but sadly they disregard this. 

To my understanding india guys are major dicks if you goto india. I have seen video's where they won't serve foreigners if you order food. The guys will just joke and laugh and make fun of you, especially in streetside situations. So it's interesting that they approach here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

To my understanding india guys are major dicks if you goto india. I have seen video's where they won't serve foreigners if you order food. The guys will just joke and laugh and make fun of you, especially in streetside situations. So it's interesting that they approach here.

I was involved in five or six plants in India and had to visit one or two every month or so for five years, and thought it was great. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Have you ever been to India?

• Thumbs Up 1

If an Indian(s) approaches you in Thailand, then sure as night follows day, you're being lined up to be scammed (accepted 1/100 could be genuine request for help, i.e. directions).

It starts very casual, but hang about for more than thirty seconds and they'll feed you the lure and you either bite or you don't.  

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Best part of 20 years ago I was stopped by an Indian gentleman in Soi 4 who told me I had a lucky face.

Not feeling my sunniest that day my response was "I've got cancer you xxxx" which was the case at that time. He disappeared, and after treatment so did the other.

Edited by saintdomingo
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2024 at 11:02 AM, JimTripper said:

I keep getting approached by India guys in Pattaya, in the evening. Starts off with 'Where are you from?' or some similar hogwash.

What could they possibly want from me in the middle of Pattaya?

I don't have the will to remain in the conversation long. Last night it was a large guy with a big gut who kind of pointed to my stomach. Did not feel like a homo thing. It's weird.

They want you ! You are fresh meat for them. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I think quite a few have a suit made when visiting as a tourist, and Expats have one made for a wedding back home... having nothing but vests and cargo shorts in their wardrobes. 

12 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Best part of 20 years ago I was stopped by an Indian gentleman in Soi 4 who told me I had a lucky face.

Not feeling my sunniest that day my response was "I've got cancer you xxxx" which was the case at that time. He disappeared, and after treatment so did the other.

I think it is,a,different demographic. I remember the fortune teller guys in Bangkok and their scams and the suit salesmen trying to drag you into their shops  but I think the ones we get are just company workers with no ulterior motives.