Shopee/Lazada credit card vs cash on delivery

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 5:32 PM, lexxy said:

Ridiculous. I use credit card or now QR option which has appeared this year.

Sometimes i change mind and it only takes a few days (for CC) to bounce back to my wise card.

With prepaid you no have to move out of bed, they will call you and you tell them where to leave it i.e with security.

You can go on with your COD but your justification is ridiculous especially seeing most stuff you buy is sub 200b..

CC much easier.  Especially if you like to get out of the house and not have to worry about paying the guy.  If I'm not there they'll just drop it at the neighbors.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Haha 1

I used Shopee once on a reference from the supplier of my Blood Sugar strips.
On the application it was possible to receive the goods at the nearest 7/11 and pay there.
No need to wait at home for delivery.
Very convenient.

Don't know if this still possible.

So just received my order on one of the cancelled items paying cod from another seller

it is just luck sometimes as the first choice seller had an excellent feedback and sold 1000s of items 

This seller has much less feedback but wish i had bought from him now.

Worst part is that i was not notified that the 2 items from different sellers were cancelled so waited a week for nothing.

Still need to wait up to 14 days to be refunded a total of 5000 baht

Not the end of the world but hassle which could have been avoided and i cannot even leave them a sh7t review which in LOS is probably not wise anyway

5 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I used Shopee once on a reference from the supplier of my Blood Sugar strips.
On the application it was possible to receive the goods at the nearest 7/11 and pay there.
No need to wait at home for delivery.
Very convenient.

Don't know if this still possible.

You can stock up on mars bars and pepsi while waiting .

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 3:38 AM, impulse said:

If you don't mind staying around the house all day, every day, with cash in hand, go for COD.

I did several hundred Lazada orders by debit card and never had a problem.  

Not up into the hundreds yet but never a problem.  COD is too much hassle so I don't bother with that anymore.  It would help if they gave more advance notice of delivery time but that doesn't seem to happen very often.  The last two times I did it the guy phoned me like 5 minutes before showing up.

Edited by shdmn

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Not up into the hundreds yet but never a problem.  COD is too much hassle so I don't bother with that anymore.  It would help if they gave more advance notice of delivery time but that doesn't seem to happen very often.  The last two times I did it the guy phoned me like 5 minutes before showing up.

5 minutes your lucky

Most of my deliveries are at the gate before they end the call

16 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Maybe I’ll get my money back one day. If I build up enough “refunds” in my “wallet” maybe then they’ll realize oh we should cash this guy out. Or actually, probably not

If you open the Lazada app go to Wallet you should see a choice to Withdraw. Tap Withdraw and your refund should hit your bank within 24 hours

On 5/4/2024 at 5:35 PM, Robert Paulson said:

You will probably never get the refund

You müst have nightmares, pessimistic and glass half full guy...yes my experience is a got my 15,000B refund in quick time...

On 5/4/2024 at 5:41 PM, transam said:

C.O.D. for me, done it for years, they phone when on route, if you are not in, you tell them to come back the next day..........Easy...🤗

The delivery companies are supposed to give you adequate notice of a couple of hours , not en route as is the case most of the time . Sometimes they phone when outside of our house . Sometimes when we are just a couple of miles away shopping and they cannot wait .  They suit their contacting you to suit themselves as they are not employed directly by Lazada . COD is also my preference to ensure that I get the item I have ordered and hopefully avoid the reclaiming saga . However when the COD item is passed to the customer it will be boxed or wrapped and you do not have a chance to inspect the goods for damage or that the correct item has been delivered because the delivery guy , having got your cash , is leaving . Having had a couple of damaged items delivered I now video the opening of every parcel .

My experience with Lazada has been fairly good and I use them regularly . I just wish they could improve their search engine that sometimes shows items that are nothing like that I have searched for . 

16 minutes ago, superal said:

The delivery companies are supposed to give you adequate notice of a couple of hours , not en route as is the case most of the time . Sometimes they phone when outside of our house . Sometimes when we are just a couple of miles away shopping and they cannot wait .  They suit their contacting you to suit themselves as they are not employed directly by Lazada . COD is also my preference to ensure that I get the item I have ordered and hopefully avoid the reclaiming saga . However when the COD item is passed to the customer it will be boxed or wrapped and you do not have a chance to inspect the goods for damage or that the correct item has been delivered because the delivery guy , having got your cash , is leaving . Having had a couple of damaged items delivered I now video the opening of every parcel .

My experience with Lazada has been fairly good and I use them regularly . I just wish they could improve their search engine that sometimes shows items that are nothing like that I have searched for . 

My phone notifications tell me every move.  😉

Of course, they are not going to wait, their time is their money.......🤗

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

My phone notifications tell me every move.  😉

Of course, they are not going to wait, their time is their money.......🤗

Really . How does that work ? I can only use the delivery companies tracker app

On 5/4/2024 at 5:35 PM, Robert Paulson said:

You will probably never get the refund

You probable don't know much  hey.

I  canceled a few items  and a few that the sellers canceled all together about 15 items.    I never had a problem Every time the refunds where put back in my Debit Card account within one /two weeks.

The biggest Refund was THB 28K 

While waiting for a refund I just order from an other seller. No Probs.

On 5/4/2024 at 6:53 PM, Robert Paulson said:

I have never used lazada wallet either. They put my refunds there and don’t allow me to spend it. I wish I was making it up. 

why can’t they just refund to bank account anyway. I guess that’s not a thing. Convenient 

Actually, you can transfer the money in Lazada wallet to your bank account. The instructions are on the Lazada website somewhere. However, you must use the Lazada phone app to do it. Can't do on the website.

Happened to me recently where I had to prepay, and then cancelled. The refund went to the wallet, but Lazada sent me email saying I could move the money to my bank account. The money was in the account within a week.

On 5/4/2024 at 7:16 PM, transam said:

Just say,, "Kup, kup, kup".........Which means you are home............🤭

"Kap, pom yoo baan".. I'm home

All the delivery services know where I live, but sometimes you get a new guy, and he'll ask for directions. I give the phone to my wife to explain, and he still gets lost!

Have purchased even Apple products and other high end stuff on Shopee, COD and never,  never an issue.

Always, always COD but asked the chap to come inside the house as obviously did not want to make a show in front of the other workers around the garden on  what I was paying the delivery chap.

As these lovely service staff all over are all nice and smiling but we all know that their main goal in dealing with foreigner is to see how much is spend and how much cash is at hand. So be cautious.

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

"Kap, pom yoo baan".. I'm home

All the delivery services know where I live, but sometimes you get a new guy, and he'll ask for directions. I give the phone to my wife to explain, and he still gets lost!

I use Mrs.T's phone number for deliveries...🤗

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

The current lazada thread got closed. I just want to state for the record the wallet is a scam. He won’t be able to use the funds from his wallet. 

This thread is still current and open where your claim is refuted and a method given to use your wallet contents.  I agree you could have problems withdrawing it if that is your goal.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1327798-lazada-refund-today/#comment-18930421