Thai EV Market Remains Unfazed by European Sales Downturn

webfact

50 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have less than 50% hearing and I never hear the little sods when they are racing up behind me when I am walking.

EV’s 1

hearing impaired 0

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Contrary to an 11% slump in European electric vehicle (EV) sales, Thai business operators maintain an optimistic outlook for the local growth of the EV market. They attribute this optimism to unique local conditions, differentiating them from the European market.

And the very cheap Chinese brand EV's,

what someone is not saying though, is for every EV bought is a Hybrid/Truck/Sedan not bought.

One market increases another decreases.

30 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

was it JP Morgan? It was one of the big American financial firms who paid experts to rip a BYD Seal apart, and then they informed German manufacturers that they were in trouble, big trouble, because the Chinese car was incredibly well-made and very high-quality.

A link would be nice, could be interesting..........☺️

• Thumbs Up 1

The Thais have all the Chinese makers plus others,don,t know if I will get one but cheap here.europe or the west are trying to stop the flood of them with tariffs.i think the Chinese know this and that is why they look at markets here

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have no interest in electric vehicles. I think that road deaths will be higher because of them.

I have less than 50% hearing and I never hear the little sods when they are racing up behind me when I am walking.

They are silent killers.

The rules for crossing the roads have always been Stop, Look,Listen.

How the heck the visibly impaired manage I will never understand.

Then I try really hard to never buy Chinese goods.

EV no thank you.

You forget to mention at the traffic light: from 0 to 100 in 4 seconds.

3 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Which would mean more accidents. How much is the annual insurance on a 0-60mph EV car then, not in LOS cos insurance is another.....😱...... subject.. 🤭  ?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Who cares. What's the point. What about the more you do 0 to 100 in 4 seconds the less range you get and charging will be needed sooner with charging for most people with EV's requiring fossil fuels to make the electricity.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

China Observer is a notorious Anti China channel. No sensible person would rely on it for information about EVs available here in Thailand.

Unlike you I own a BYD EV and the quality is excellent. I am also on several Thai BYD groups and can confirm there has not been one single BYD explosion or significant fire here.

Aha...https://thethaiger.com/news/national/week-old-electric-car-worth-over-a-million-baht-unexpectedly-catches-fire-at-udon-thani-mall-charging-point

That was just to set record straight. Personally, I like BYD Seal... a lot.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

Many EV owners on AN make some or in my case all of their EV power from solar. It is very easy to do here here in Sunny Thailand that’s why I don’t have a grid connection.

Fairly sure that EV owners on AN represent a tiny proportion of people here on AN. Now factor in all the foreigners that aren't on AN that have EV's. Now factor in the rest of the Thai population that have EV's. Now you can factor in out of all the people in Thailand that have EV's how many charge solely by solar and are off the grid. Add all this together and I reckon you would end up with sweet FA. The obvious next thing to think about would be how much of the total EV ownership in Thailand uses fosil fuel generated electricity to charge their cars. I'm guessing it would be the overwhelming majority.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bandersnatch said:

China Observer is a notorious Anti China channel. No sensible person would rely on it for information about EVs available here in Thailand.

Unlike you I own a BYD EV and the quality is excellent. I am also on several Thai BYD groups and can confirm there has not been one single BYD explosion or significant fire here.

China Obsever is not anti China it's anti CCP and why would Chinese imports be any different from the cars in China. Are they made to a different level for the export market? Are you saying the footage in this YT video is fake? Plenty of other articles and videos that show very similar things. As for your very confident statement "I am also on several Thai BYD groups and can confirm there has not been one single BYD explosion or significant fire here." @tomazbodner has shown otherwise. This happened when charging so there was obviously a quality issue.

https://www.nationthailand.com/special-edition/ev/40030792

What about this story....

"Bangkok’s governor has ordered an urgent review of all premises in the capital storing EV vehicles and batteries after a serious fire on Wednesday night gutted a building in the Chatuchak area of the city."

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/09/09/ev-vehicle-concerns-after-bangkok-fire-bangkok-governor-chadchart/

Edited by dinsdale
  • Agree 1