Judge Denies Trump's Mistrial Request Over Stormy Daniels Testimony

36 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

i keep forgetting the emojis to show when taking the piss! personally i couldn't  care less if you were in the RAF, you chose to, thats up to you, i don't think anyone should be forced to join the forces or forced to goto war...well, apart from the politicians that want the wars, send them, their kids and other family members and lets see how peaceful the world becomes!!

yes, Obumma was more 'presidential' he also dropped more bombs and started more wars that any previous president, how many innocents were killed in his 'drone strikes' ? and how many did he deport in his time? how about Abu Ghraib and the  'we tortured some folks'  destruction of Libya for no reason .... but yeas, he oration was good, so lets forget about all that!

Not according to Reuters and it's been fact-checked, which you can find under the ' VERDICT ' section at the bottom.

And some of the conflicts involving Obama were forced on him by ISIS and involved the NATO alliance not just the USA

In fact, most of the recent US wars have been courtesy of the two Bush Presidents.

So, you are in error about what you state.

Trump actively pursued targets in Syria by the way.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2A22QR/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Multiple childish off topic troll baiting posts and replies have been removed.

12 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Stormy Daniels should never have been put on the stand, they didn't need to discredit Trump, everybody knows what he is.

However, this was purely to rubbish him and was not in any way useful or of benefit to the court case and proceedings, which were about payments, how they were made, who made them, what were they for, and where did they come from, how were they repaid, what were they labelled as, etc.

She knows nothing of the internal accounting mechanisms used regarding the money, so she served no useful purpose, except to spew hatred.

The prosecution has weakened its case, left massive grounds for appeal, and gone about proving a straightforward accounting exercise in totally the wrong way, bringing in red herrings and matters that, actually are, irrelevant.

Putting Stormy on the stand was the whole point of the made-up crime.

They want to humiliate Trump. They will probably get a conviction because the judge is a Trump hater, but even if they don't all the leftist morons that think he's a criminal will still think he's a criminal, and all the non-moron leftist will keep pretending he's a criminal. 

Meanwhile, they're all stocked up on tissue and lotion so they can all read about Stormy and Trump's pecker, and dream about Trump going to jail and getting raped. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No, he just threw a string of MAGA buzzwords.

"Woke" had a specific meaning when it was coined, referring to people aware of racial discrimination and/or sexual harassment.

Are there people in the world that are unaware of racial discrimination and/or sexual harassment? 

No, it stands for anti-Americans whose whole world revolves around racial discrimination and/or sexual harassment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

It is not 'a' NY State statutes: It is TWO NY State statutes.The above is a rendering of two separate laws as one.

The first law is the one regarding the 34 entries. It specifies 'intent':

§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree
when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second
degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit
another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

As to 'intent'

S 110.00 Attempt to commit a crime.
A person is guilty of an attempt to commit a crime when, with intent
to commit a crime, he engages in conduct which tends to effect the
commission of such crime.

'Intent' as above is generally interpreted to mean the person knew in advance that he or she was committing a crime. Since the primary "another crime" (as identified by Prosecution 23 APR 2024) in this case is one that, since its enactment 1976, has rarely or never been prosecuted, it is hard to say Trump knew he was committing it.

That (an)other crime has now been identified as New York Consolidated Laws, Election Law - ELN § 17-152. Conspiracy to promote or prevent election

"Any two or more persons who conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means and which conspiracy is acted upon by one or more of the parties thereto, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor."

The rendering above left out the 'by unlawful means'. The Prosecution has yet to say what are the unlawful means. And since this law was enacted in 1976 there is little if any case law that would give some idea as to what has been considered under this law as "unlawful" in prior cases.

So the structure of the Prosecution's case seems to be: Crime, within a crime, within a crime.

So, they made it up, thought so. 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

it stands for anti-Americans whose whole world revolves around

So you know what ALL so called "anti-Americans whole world revolves around" ?

Even "Mystic Meg" does not make that claim!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

So you know what ALL so called "anti-Americans whole world revolves around" ?

Even "Mystic Meg" does not make that claim!

Not! sure! what! your! question! was!, but! I! was! only! explaining! what! "woke"! means! to! me!

Again, woke describes anti-Americans whose whole world revolves around racial discrimination and/or sexual harassment.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 6:50 PM, Yellowtail said:

It's a campaign finance violation, which is what the felony in the Trump case. So when it the Trump campaign it's Trump, but when it's the Clinton campaign, it the campaign, got it.  

No, you've got that wrong. The campaign finance violation is not the felony in this Trump case. 

Trump has been charged with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records. He has not been charged with any campaign finance violations.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

32 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Not! sure! what! your! question! was!, but! I! was! only! explaining! what! "woke"! means! to! me!

Again, woke describes anti-Americans whose whole world revolves around racial discrimination and/or sexual harassment.

What like racially abusing and sexually harassing people? 

44 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That is not what I asked and your response is cr@p as usual anyway!

What I asked was "So you know what ALL so called "anti-Americans whole world revolves around" do you?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What like racially abusing and sexually harassing people? 

I would not go as far as claiming all "woke" leftists are racially abusing and sexually harassing people, but I would say that virtually all "woke" leftists support racially and/or sexually exploiting the people they pretend to care about. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

That is not what I asked and your response is cr@p as usual anyway!

What I asked was "So you know what ALL so called "anti-Americans whole world revolves around" do you?

Sorry! No, I do not know what all anti-Americans whole worlds revolve around, and that's not what I said. Again, what I said was: Woke describes anti-Americans whose whole world revolves around racial discrimination and/or sexual harassment.

We clear now? 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Sure, anti-American

'woke' stands for 'anti-American'.

So anyone that has opinions you disagree with, is anti-American.

Now at first glance that might be a very weird position to take, on the other hand, it perfectly describes the mess that America, or let's say American politics, have gotten themselves into.

I don't know of any other country where the words 'patriotic' and 'anti' (fill in name of country) are thrown around that easily, just to bash someone with a different opinion.

Just now, Presto said:

'woke' stands for 'anti-American'.

So anyone that has opinions you disagree with, is anti-American.

Now at first glance that might be a very weird position to take, on the other hand, it perfectly describes the mess that America, or let's say American politics, have gotten themselves into.

I don't know of any other country where the words 'patriotic' and 'anti' (fill in name of country) are thrown around that easily, just to bash someone with a different opinion.

No, that's not what I said, but you knew that, didn't you? 

"Woke" is anti-meritocratic, which makes it anti-American.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

No, that's not what I said, but you knew that, didn't you? 

"Woke" is anti-meritocratic, which makes it anti-American.  

Oh, you didn't say 'woke' is 'anti-American'?

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Presto said:

woke' stands for 'anti-American'.

We all agree that your are correct in it's original meaning but like many words they evolve and take on a completely knew meaning to those who do not connect with that original meaning!

"Gay" is a classic case which once meant happy and carefree and now means something completely different to most people!

Just as "Woke" does now! No non American is likely to understand that original definition!

Edited by scottiejohn

1 minute ago, Presto said:

Oh, you didn't say 'woke' is 'anti-American'?

Your claim was: "So anyone that has opinions you disagree with, is anti-American."

Clearly, I never said nor implied that. You should apologize for being deceitful, but you won't 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

We all agree that your are correct in it's original meaning but like many words they evolve and take on a completely knew meaning to those who do not connect with that original meaning!

"Gay" is a classic case which once meant happy and carefree and now means something completely different to most people!

Exactly. And at first people did not really know what "gay" meant, but it sounded nice. Now everyone knows what it means. Same with woke, it sounded nice, but now most everyone knows what it is, and they don't like it. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Just as "Woke" does now! No non American is likely to understand that original definition!

Id say that words like 'woke', 'patriotic', 'anti-American' are thrown around at will, to fit the purpose of the thrower, which is bashing someone with a different opinion.

And in America that tactic is used by both sides.

In my opinion it defeats the purpose, and cheapens any debate.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Presto said:

Id say that words like 'woke', 'patriotic', 'anti-American' are thrown around at will, to fit the purpose of the thrower, which is bashing someone with a different opinion.

And in America that tactic is used by both sides.

In my opinion it defeats the purpose, and cheapens any debate.

Without clear definitions, there can be no honest debate, that's why the far-left is always changing the language, their ideas never stand up to debate. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And at first people did not really know what "gay" meant, but it sounded nice. Now everyone knows what it means.

Cr@p!

You have totally missed my point!  Words totally change meaning over time!

Gay originally meant;

"The word gay arrived in English during the 12th century from Old French gai, most likely deriving ultimately from a Germanic source.

In English, the word's primary meaning was "joyful", "carefree", "bright and showy", and the word was very commonly used with this meaning in speech and literature. For example, the optimistic 1890s are still often referred to as the Gay Nineties. "

It did not take on it present meaning until the late 19th century!

The exact same as woke has changed meanings to many!

"The term woke gained further popularity in the 2010s. Over time, it became increasingly connected to matters beyond race such as gender and identities perceived as marginalized. During the 2014 Ferguson protests, the phrase was popularized by Black Lives Matter (BLM) activists seeking to raise awareness"

Source WIKI

Edited by scottiejohn

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

Cr@p!

You have totally missed my point!  Words totally change meaning over time!

Gay originally meant;

!The word gay arrived in English during the 12th century from Old French gai, most likely deriving ultimately from a Germanic source.

In English, the word's primary meaning was "joyful", "carefree", "bright and showy", and the word was very commonly used with this meaning in speech and literature. For example, the optimistic 1890s are still often referred to as the Gay Nineties. "

It did not take on it present meaning until the late 19th century!

The exact same as woke has changed meanings to many!

"The term woke gained further popularity in the 2010s. Over time, it became increasingly connected to matters beyond race such as gender and identities perceived as marginalized. During the 2014 Ferguson protests, the phrase was popularized by Black Lives Matter (BLM) activists seeking to raise awareness"

(BLM) activists seeking to raise funds more like

• Confused 1