Its no wonder they dont want any competition in Thailand

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

one yer parents  should  have paid attention to Nonthaburithailand-15 September 2019various Condoms On Shelf Stock Photo  1505114750 | Shutterstock

Kettle Black. Can you tell me what you find wrong with my photos, that prompted your insulting and ignorant reaction? Before I block you. Thanks.

On 5/10/2024 at 11:09 AM, proton said:

Spent ages with the mrs trying to choose tiles at a famous store, had 3 lots out on the floor, assistant so called hovering about who had put the tiles out.. In the end decided on one to buy- no have was the immediate response, ok have to be the second choice, no have again, this time asked why not- they can't get the materials was the laughable excuse. It will have to be number 3 then, have, have you got 26 sq meters- have. That's it then we will have those, ok but price not same as on shelf gone up. I said we would have them at the price on the shelf or not at all- cannot. Could she ask the manager- no cannot. Walked out and went to Homepro to buy them.

hahahaha well I would laugh even louder if I had not experienced this, I asked my TGF does she train her staff....she said yes, I then asked do they know what's going on in the office? well I was being sarcastic after another head f****ing experience, went into a well know motorbike shop to ask on a particular model, wanted ABS the manager said about 2 month wait on the bike, came back about a month later to order the bike, she said ready next week, surprised.....not hearing from her pop in to the store, ahh 1 to 2 months....meanwhile the 2 extra items I wanted on it...no problem....pop in a few weeks later to see when this thing will arrive, gets on the phone....no idea, then tells me one of the items, cant do, and this is the manager im talking too...

When I was renovating my condo....walked into home pro the air con salesman told me they couldn't supply a unit that would do 50sq m, I said yes I understand you may not have in stock but you could order one in for me, "no cannot" this guy was a god dam parrot, ok.... he insisted....insisted, flatly cut me off....cannot....., I particular wanted Panasonic units, 3, found the online catalogue and picked up a physical catalog with the model I was after, go back to Home Pro the same guy approaches me....we start again, show him the catalogue looks bewildered, go's off for a few min comes back...."cannot, no have" yes yes but you can order in, "no cannot" by this stage im over the nong, asked to see the store manager and 10 min later the larger Panasonic aircon is ordered along with 2 bedroom ones...

The IQ of some off these sales staff is alarming, some amaze you or are bluffing you with product knowledge but many fall very short, seriously anything that's even just a little out off the ordinary they struggle big time with. Then there's the out right lies, Honda sales man told me a bunch of <deleted> on the mid level Civic I ordered, in the end canceled the order after two months cause they canceled the delivery date and couldn't give me a firm new date, the TGF bought the same model late last year i was interested in a year earlier and that's when I noticed pretty much most of the safety tech I was after that he assured me would be in that model was bulls....

Recently bout two items for 32B each somewhere, the girl dilly dally around looking for a calculator....I say 64B as she places the calculator on the bench, she punches in the numbers, 64B plz..

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Njoku said:

hahahaha well I would laugh even louder if I had not experienced this, I asked my TGF does she train her staff....she said yes, I then asked do they know what's going on in the office? well I was being sarcastic after another head f****ing experience, went into a well know motorbike shop to ask on a particular model, wanted ABS the manager said about 2 month wait on the bike, came back about a month later to order the bike, she said ready next week, surprised.....not hearing from her pop in to the store, ahh 1 to 2 months....meanwhile the 2 extra items I wanted on it...no problem....pop in a few weeks later to see when this thing will arrive, gets on the phone....no idea, then tells me one of the items, cant do, and this is the manager im talking too...

When I was renovating my condo....walked into home pro the air con salesman told me they couldn't supply a unit that would do 50sq m, I said yes I understand you may not have in stock but you could order one in for me, "no cannot" this guy was a god dam parrot, ok.... he insisted....insisted, flatly cut me off....cannot....., I particular wanted Panasonic units, 3, found the online catalogue and picked up a physical catalog with the model I was after, go back to Home Pro the same guy approaches me....we start again, show him the catalogue looks bewildered, go's off for a few min comes back...."cannot, no have" yes yes but you can order in, "no cannot" by this stage im over the nong, asked to see the store manager and 10 min later the larger Panasonic aircon is ordered along with 2 bedroom ones...

The IQ of some off these sales staff is alarming, some amaze you or are bluffing you with product knowledge but many fall very short, seriously anything that's even just a little out off the ordinary they struggle big time with. Then there's the out right lies, Honda sales man told me a bunch of <deleted> on the mid level Civic I ordered, in the end canceled the order after two months cause they canceled the delivery date and couldn't give me a firm new date, the TGF bought the same model late last year i was interested in a year earlier and that's when I noticed pretty much most of the safety tech I was after that he assured me would be in that model was bulls....

Recently bout two items for 32B each somewhere, the girl dilly dally around looking for a calculator....I say 64B as she places the calculator on the bench, she punches in the numbers, 64B plz..

I don't know if this story is true or not, I saw it on here. Guy goes into a well known shop for 1 inch flat head screws, they don't have any in the tray. Asks assistant who goes off and comes back confirming no have. Asked when they are getting some in the answer is not getting any, why? because they sell out too quickly.😄

Edited by proton
  • Haha 2

I suggest the OP traves around to some of the 'lesser' shops that sell Daiken ACs. All the big stores like HomePro will have this year's models and not offer the older models.  I recently wanted an AirCon model HomePro had on display and the sales guy said 'no hab' - the Thai wife took over and after the usual talk talk talk, she said they only have this year's model (displayed below) for sale.  I knew better than to ask why the old one was still on display - and I als knew not to ask her to ask him to check their stock out back to see if there was an older model there - because they will not sell it - even if they do - Boss' orders. 

The unsold units of most items in the big stores go back to distributor, who then offers them to the local small shops - who then sell then as new models 🙂  So that IMO is your best chance to get an older model - dont bother calling - you will need to walk in and look.

• Like 1