Unveiling Media Bias The Truth Behind Anti-Israel Narratives

32 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yeah, whenever you make false claims, you post a link to some article that does not support your claims, and when you get called on it, you always claim that somehow you’re the only person smart enough to see the connection. 

It’s tiresome.

Thanks for the empty generalization.

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It wasn't, you made  a false  claim and then posted a link that didn't back up your claim .

So, which documents have been reclassified by Israel ?

Really? The article linked to didn't back up my claim. First off, the author of this article is 

Shay Hazkani

Associate Professor, History
Associate Professor, Joseph and Rebecca Meyerhoff Program and Center for Jewish Studies

He is the author of Dear Palestine: A Social History of the 1948 War (Stanford Studies in Middle Eastern and Islamic Societies and Cultures)

So he knows his way around the archives.

Here are some excerpts from what I quoted above:

"What is clear, however, is that these historians unearthed official documents confirming Israeli culpability in expelling Palestinians, blocking the return of those who fled and committing a series of war crimes. In one seminal document from June 1948—located by Benny Morris and thereafter removed from public view—an intelligence officer listed many of the depopulated Palestinian villages from the first stage of the 1948 war, conveniently explaining for each village the means by which it was uprooted."...

"In fact, the chief archivist exposed in 2018 that in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) archives alone, 200 files containing some 20,000 pages that had been opened in the past were sealed again in the last several years"

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really? The article linked to didn't back up my claim. First off, the author of this article is Shay Hazkani

How can I contact Shay, I want to rely to the points that he made ?

Does he have an E-mail address ?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How can I contact Shay, I want to rely to the points that he made ?

Does he have an E-mail address ?

Because you are a scholar on the subject? You too have a deep experience of wading in the archives? Like Shay, you are also fluent in Hebrew and Arabic? On top of that, I am sure he would be very taken with someone who is impressed by the disquisitions of 2 guys from the Ayn Rand Institute who have no relevant credentials on the subject.  It is to laugh.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Three times already today I have pointed out that your posts are not true .

Its getting to a point where you keep posting untrue things and I keep pointing out the truth .

Can you reply to me asking you about this :

On November 2023, Israeli government accounts widely shared the website hamas.com ,claiming that it belonged to the armed group.

You posted that , now can you state which Israeli Government accounts posted that and made the claim ?

What is true or not is for each to decide.

Regarding your question, here you go:

The website has been widely shared by the State of Israel’s Twitter account and by other officials such as the Israeli government spokesperson.

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2023/12/04/fact-check-did-hamas-create-a-website-boasting-about-massacring-israeli-civilians

3 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

What is true or not is for each to decide.

Regarding your question, here you go:

The website has been widely shared by the State of Israel’s Twitter account and by other officials such as the Israeli government spokesperson.

https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2023/12/04/fact-check-did-hamas-create-a-website-boasting-about-massacring-israeli-civilians

I am not querying your claim that the link was shared by various Israelis .

You also made the claim that the Israelis who shared the link also claimed that it was Hamas's own website .

I was asking you to back that claim up .

I do seem to recall that the site was always known to be Israeli made and it was never implied that it was Hamas's own website 

27 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I am not querying your claim that the link was shared by various Israelis .

You also made the claim that the Israelis who shared the link also claimed that it was Hamas's own website .

I was asking you to back that claim up .

I do seem to recall that the site was always known to be Israeli made and it was never implied that it was Hamas's own website 

"it was never implied that it was Hamas's own website".

This is the home page:

image.png.f01647aa4ec6db3897d1923e5b03ebb2.png

On Yom HaShoah, the Pulitzer Prize Board will potentially be awarding journalism’s top award to a Gazan photographer who cited Hitler and infiltrated into Israel during Hamas’ genocidal massacre on October 7. The New York Times and its freelance photojournalist Yousef Masoud are predicted to be announced as Pulitzer Prize winners tomorrow, May 6

https://honestreporting.com/will-a-gaza-journalist-who-cited-hitler-invaded-israel-on-oct-7-win-pulitzer/

The New York Times won one of its three Pulitzers this year for its coverage of the war in Gaza. The award for International Reporting went to its staff for "wide-ranging and revelatory coverage of Hamas' lethal attack in southern Israel on October 7

https://www.npr.org/2024/05/06/1248897860/pulitzer-prize-winners-2024

8 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Really? The article linked to this tweet from the Israeli Government Spokesperson

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

This is just proof that you live in an information bubble. Israel actually helped prop up the Hamas regime to keep it from losing popularity. Despite which, before the Hamas attack, Hamad become very unpopular among the Gazans.

You are clearly delusional - and probably a troll - no one can be that ignorant unwillingly.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You are clearly delusional - and probably a troll - no one can be that ignorant unwillingly.

So what is not true? Did Israel assist hamas? How was the popularity of hamas before the attack?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I won't accuse you of being delusional. But it's clear you are utterly ignorant of the fact regarding this issue.

Hamas is an asset'
Netanyahu's hawkish defence minister Avigdor Liberman was the first to report in 2020 that Bibi had dispatched Mossad chief Yossi Cohen and the IDF's officer in charge of Gaza, Herzi Halevi, to Doha to "beg" the Qataris to continue to send money to Hamas.

"Both Egypt and Qatar are angry with Hamas and planned to cut ties with them. Suddenly Netanyahu appears as the defender of Hamas," the right-wing leader complained.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/netanyahu-israel-gaza-hamas-1.7010035

Buying Quiet’: Inside the Israeli Plan That Propped Up Hamas
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gambled that a strong Hamas (but not too strong) would keep the peace and reduce pressure for a Palestinian state.

"During his meetings in September with the Qatari officials, according to several people familiar with the secret discussions, the Mossad chief, David Barnea, was asked a question that had not been on the agenda: Did Israel want the payments to continue?

Mr. Netanyahu’s government had recently decided to continue the policy, so Mr. Barnea said yes. The Israeli government still welcomed the money from Doha."

https://archive.ph/EvmiL

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So what is not true? Did Israel assist hamas? How was the popularity of hamas before the attack?

How was the popularity of hamas before the attack?

How is it now and why?

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How was the popularity of hamas before the attack?

How is it now and why?

Nothing to do with the post I replied to. As always you're deflecting.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I won't accuse you of being delusional. But it's clear you are utterly ignorant of the fact regarding this issue.

Hamas is an asset'
Netanyahu's hawkish defence minister Avigdor Liberman was the first to report in 2020 that Bibi had dispatched Mossad chief Yossi Cohen and the IDF's officer in charge of Gaza, Herzi Halevi, to Doha to "beg" the Qataris to continue to send money to Hamas.

"Both Egypt and Qatar are angry with Hamas and planned to cut ties with them. Suddenly Netanyahu appears as the defender of Hamas," the right-wing leader complained.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/netanyahu-israel-gaza-hamas-1.7010035

Buying Quiet’: Inside the Israeli Plan That Propped Up Hamas
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gambled that a strong Hamas (but not too strong) would keep the peace and reduce pressure for a Palestinian state.

"During his meetings in September with the Qatari officials, according to several people familiar with the secret discussions, the Mossad chief, David Barnea, was asked a question that had not been on the agenda: Did Israel want the payments to continue?

Mr. Netanyahu’s government had recently decided to continue the policy, so Mr. Barnea said yes. The Israeli government still welcomed the money from Doha."

https://archive.ph/EvmiL

What - no CNN or Fox sourced article??

I refer you to my earlier statement - stop believing the media and hollywood - they both blatantly lie - they are about entertainment - they are not about the truth. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Nothing to do with the post I replied to. As always you're deflecting.

Could care less about the postt you were responding to otherwise I would have responded directly myself to them. I did ask you a question though but obviously you don't know even though it's relevant

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Could care less about the postt you were responding to otherwise I would have responded directly myself to them. I did ask you a question though but obviously you don't know even though it's relevant

Ask whatever you want.

I'll stick to the post I replied to in stead of your deflections.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Ask whatever you want.

I'll stick to the post I replied to in stead of your deflections.

Ok. I was interjecting the same as you were doing. No problem

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Living in denial much?  Got a problem with the Times of Israel, too?

For years, Netanyahu propped up Hamas. Now it’s blown up in our faces
The premier’s policy of treating the terror group as a partner, at the expense of Abbas and Palestinian statehood, has resulted in wounds that will take Israel years to heal from

For years, the various governments led by Benjamin Netanyahu took an approach that divided power between the Gaza Strip and the West Bank — bringing Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to his knees while making moves that propped up the Hamas terror group.

The idea was to prevent Abbas — or anyone else in the Palestinian Authority’s West Bank government — from advancing toward the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Thus, amid this bid to impair Abbas, Hamas was upgraded from a mere terror group to an organization with which Israel held indirect negotiations via Egypt, and one that was allowed to receive infusions of cash from abroad.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/for-years-netanyahu-propped-up-hamas-now-its-blown-up-in-our-faces/

You are so funny mate - yet again you show that your opinions are formed by what you see in the media that aligns with your own poersonal views - and yet you think that means you are right again 🙂

Let me try to explain things to you (again).  Unlike in Gaza (and many places) the media in Israel has a lot of freedoms - the Times of Israel is a centre-left publication and their 'bias' is towards the left - but more often than not they are centre. But they are defnitely not a supporter of right wing political parties or right wing persons in Israel - especially Netanyahu. 

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy
  • Haha 1

Back on topic, this is an interesting one. I was following it myself as it unfolded and witnessing the media bias and misinformation happening.

Unearthing the Story Behind the Gazan Mass Graves

Over the past week, Palestinian teams have been unearthing mass graves outside two Gaza medical complexes, Nasser hospital in Khan Yunis and Al Shifa hospital in Gaza City, following the withdrawal of Israeli forces who were conducting counter-terrorism operations in the area.

With the opening of these mass graves, social media and some traditional news outlets have been abuzz with claims that these graves are evidence of mass killings of Palestinians by Israelis and that some of those found inside the graves show signs of being tortured and killed execution-style with their hands tied behind their backs.

https://honestreporting.com/unearthing-the-story-behind-the-gazan-mass-graves/

The above reminds me a little of the alleged bombing in the hospital car park that was supposedly carried out by Israel and killed up to 800 people. 

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Back on topic, this is an interesting one. I was following it myself as it unfolded and witnessing the media bias and misinformation happening.

Unearthing the Story Behind the Gazan Mass Graves

Over the past week, Palestinian teams have been unearthing mass graves outside two Gaza medical complexes, Nasser hospital in Khan Yunis and Al Shifa hospital in Gaza City, following the withdrawal of Israeli forces who were conducting counter-terrorism operations in the area.

With the opening of these mass graves, social media and some traditional news outlets have been abuzz with claims that these graves are evidence of mass killings of Palestinians by Israelis and that some of those found inside the graves show signs of being tortured and killed execution-style with their hands tied behind their backs.

https://honestreporting.com/unearthing-the-story-behind-the-gazan-mass-graves/

The above reminds me a little of the alleged bombing in the hospital car park that was supposedly carried out by Israel and killed up to 800 people. 

This ‘honestreporting.org’?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HonestReporting

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

The become our problem only when they cross the border to rape, bomb and kill. Once they behave you can take care of them if you wish. 

How about when Israel and the IDF cross the border to murder Palestinians, destroy Palestinians homes, steal their land, destroy their infrastructure. not allow essentials like food, medicines, water, fuel etc?

Is that OK with you?

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How about when Israel and the IDF cross the border to murder Palestinians, destroy Palestinians homes, steal their land, destroy their infrastructure. not allow essentials like food, medicines, water, fuel etc?

Is that OK with you?

Food, medicine ,  water and fuel are all being allowed into Gaza . 

• Sad 1