Steve Bannon's Conviction Upheld: Facing Prison Time

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Get trumps spirit animal locked up were he belongs does anyone remember this guy got a pardon for defrauding those idiots trying to privately build trumps wall?the dude is a tool get him locked up were he belongs 

A shave and a hair cut wouldn't hurt either.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

Steve Bannon's Conviction Upheld: Facing Prison Time

This decision potentially paves the way for Bannon, 70, to serve time behind bars, marking the culmination of years of legal battles and political turmoil. Bannon's conviction stems from his refusal to comply with congressional subpoenas related to the investigation into the January 6 Capitol riot. In 2022, he was found guilty of contempt of congress and sentenced to four months in prison, along with a fine of $6,500. Despite his denials of any criminal wrongdoing, Bannon has been unable to evade the consequences of his actions.

Throughout the legal proceedings, Bannon's defense has maintained that his refusal to testify was based on legal advice and an attempt to negotiate with the congressional committee. However, the US DC Circuit Court of Appeals dismissed this argument, stating that it contradicted established legal principles.

In a unanimous decision, the court rejected Bannon's defense, emphasizing that the "advice of counsel" claim holds no weight in this context. Justice Bradley Garcia, writing on behalf of the court, underscored the clarity of settled law in this matter.

Despite the court's ruling, Bannon has not been immediately ordered to begin serving his prison sentence. He now has seven days to seek reconsideration from the court, prolonging the legal battle and uncertainty surrounding his fate.

Bannon's conviction is part of a broader crackdown on individuals involved in the events of January 6 and their refusal to cooperate with investigations. Peter Navarro, another former Trump aide, recently reported to prison after his own contempt of congress conviction, underscoring the gravity of the situation.

Steve Bannon's journey from a key figure in Trump's 2016 election campaign to a convicted criminal reflects the tumultuous nature of American politics in recent years. Despite his influential role, Bannon's tenure at the White House was marred by controversy, culminating in his departure following the violent events in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017.

Even after leaving his official position, Bannon remained a prominent figure in right-wing circles, maintaining close ties to Trump and continuing to exert influence through his podcast and media appearances. However, with his conviction upheld, Bannon now faces the prospect of serving time in prison, marking a significant fall from grace for one of Trump's most ardent supporters.

2024-05-11

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I hope he will be locked for a very long time. And gag him please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, candide said:

FD-1023 anyone? 😀

having lived 77+ years, worked and lived in countries around the world, the one thing in common that I have learned is CORRUPTION among the elected or autocratic representative(s).  I naively used to blv that most of ours in the US were patriotic and fairly honest - after working for the mil/govt for 40 years I realize we have some real champions at this game.  When not only refuse to vote against corruption, but refuse to even floor a  non-corruption bill, to me it is blatant as they have learned from the beginning of taking any position, the easiest way to riches is through these proven means.  Now one can easily see that their main focus every moment after taking a seat is to begin planning the way to re-election instead of fixing the problems of the nation.  I realized how bad Biden was long before he ever got to the higher positions - in '69 I worked for a short time in a Dupont plant in Delaware so met a lot of the local voters - never heard one word of praise whenever we chatted about local politics from ANYONE!  My opinions anyway from my experiences in life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Doubt SC would take his case

I suspect that SCOTUS will delay any decisions until after the November election. If Trump wins, they will stall until January 20, to give Trump a chance to pardon Steve Bannon. If Trump loses, they will decline to do anything.

54 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Yeah Biden is the corrupt one ,not the one that an IRS audit found cheated the government out of 100 million dollars not the one that is on trial for fraud ,not the one who incited an insurrection. Interesting I worked for a long time near Hockessin and Biden was extremely popular with the folks. So popular he won a local election as a write in to start his political career .The nation doesn't want it's problems fixed Jimmy Carter addressed this many years ago -voters want their problems fixed.   As for your personal insight in 1969   Biden was a public defender and then was recruited by the Republican party but he did not like the racial policies of the R governor at that time ,he registered as an Independent but then eventually switched over to the Democratic Party.  Quite the bad guy in 1969 !  "I realized how bad Biden was long before he ever got to the higher positions"    How did you come to this realization?     

As I mentioned, at 21, just out of VN and working in a Biden state, I heard all kinds of stories about him.  Then working for the govt, meeting, briefing and watching elected officials visiting our overseas missions, I quickly realized just what these individuals were.  They all fit the same mold in my opinion.  I have yet to meet any politician that I could ever admire.  Voting through the years has always been the least of the worst candidates running for any office.  At first some seem to be maybe from some other mold but it doesn't take much time for them to realize just what they can get away with.  Not only our politcians but those around the world seem to be in that same mold.  Now, I am too old ... I sure couldn't vote for either of these candidates right now.  Big business has recognized the game for a long time and that is where the candidates come from.