Hot Dogs

Just now, Dioj said:

No street food left in my area. You mean all the sewer rats running around in the Sois? I wouldn't exactly call that Thai street food, but to each his own. They do eat field rats though in Thailand. Maybe even make the hot dogs out of them. Yummmmm!

They eat rats everywhere there are rats and hungry people. 

40 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

They eat rats everywhere there are rats and hungry people. 

Along with beef steak, shrimp, lobster etc etc etc

Snake, dog & frogs if foraging :coffee1:

Red ant eggs ... YUM

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yummy.

It's still food, even if not attractive at that stage, and it all comes out the same way as the finest chef prepared Cordon Bleu.

With respect, not in my book!

Cordon Bleu is a schnitzel (pork in this example) that is filled with cheese and ham, breaded with crumbs and deep-fried until it is crisp. The characteristic of this dish is a crunchy outside, and inside tender flesh which oozes melted cheese.

Classic Pork Cordon Bleu Schnitzel - My Dinner

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

3 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Cordon Bleu is a schnitzel (pork in this example) that is filled with cheese and ham, breaded with crumbs and deep-fried until it is crisp. The characteristic of this dish is a crunchy outside, and inside tender flesh which oozes melted cheese.

That does not look like blue cheese, is it? 

Incidentally, the pork and chicken cordon bleu at Took Lae Dee Restaurants at Foodland are not terrible, and like everything else there, pretty reasonable. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

LOL. I think you missed the point I was making and it wasn't about how it looks going in!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dioj said:

No street food left in my area. You mean all the sewer rats running around in the Sois? I wouldn't exactly call that Thai street food, but to each his own. They do eat field rats though in Thailand. Maybe even make the hot dogs out of them. Yummmmm!

I'm told rats taste like chicken, though I have no actual experience of it. I'd eat rat if I was hungry enough.

The book "King Rat" is an interesting read, and the bad guy gets his just deserts at the end- all good.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Those of us without a home would have a problem doing that.

What are you doing, living in your car ? 

Don't even need a frig, I don't think, they are pickled, and if using a smaller jar, store bought pickle jar, take up no more space than 1 or 2 of those (2 in rotation if eating as much as I do.  Don't need to make 2 big jars like we have.

Do you not have a kitchen in you 'place' ?

Just now, KhunLA said:

What are you doing, living in your car ? 

Don't even need a frig, I don't think, they are pickled, and if using a smaller jar, store bought pickle jar, take up no more space than 1 or 2 of those (2 in rotation if eating as much as I do.  Don't need to make 2 big jars like we have.

Do you not have a kitchen in you 'place' ?

Do you pickle eggs too? 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you pickle eggs too? 

Nah, and don't think I've ever had.  Sounds a bit weird.   Just onions, cabbage (sauerkraut) and cucumbers.  Buy some others, like ginger, and cabbage I think, non sauerkraut flavored, and one was sweeter.  Took a while to finish those, and can't see buying again, except for the ginger. 

Wife does her own kimchi, though I'm not a fan, as makes too much, then gets really strong after a while.  Good for soup, as you can water it down.   Actually put it on hotdogs, when not too strong, and works quite well.

11 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Nah, and don't think I've ever had.  Sounds a bit weird.   Just onions, cabbage (sauerkraut) and cucumbers.  Buy some others, like ginger, and cabbage I think, non sauerkraut flavored, and one was sweeter.  Took a while to finish those, and can't see buying again, except for the ginger. 

Wife does her own kimchi, though I'm not a fan, as makes too much, then gets really strong after a while.  Good for soup, as you can water it down.   Actually put it on hotdogs, when not too strong, and works quite well.

I love them. Most every tavern in the southern US used to have a gallon jar of "Twenty-five cent chicken dinners" on the bar. 

Normal dill spices, hard-boiled eggs, onions, garlic, peppers and whatnot. 

• Thumbs Up 1