Kiwi held in Pattaya for overstaying visa by six years

webfact

"Flying, Steering and Venturing" <<< its an easy livin' !

each khet of Bangkok has few hundreds of over-stayers and that is not a secret. I think there are much more in PTT.

Not a big deal

• Confused 5
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BE88 said:

What is this man real problem?

"Why bother with visa-shmisa, border runs-shmuns?"

That I heard from a nice guy who worked at summer camp at Hua Hin and private tutor for kids.

Another Irish fella makes his income from webcams 

None care about stamps'n'stickers )))

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

“He confessed to venturing outside his abode only during evenings to procure essentials, all in a bid to avoid run-ins with law enforcement”

Does simply living in Pattaya justifies this kind of sacrifice of having a count Dracula lifestyle for 6 years?

Edited by Hellfire
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

You'ld wonder what the point was ... Come to the tropical paradise but spend the whole time hiding under the bed.

compared to those that spend their time ON the bed.....he could have used one of the many delivery services too....unless he thought they would "track" him in the "system".........this is one kiwi that has been plucked from the tree and smashed!

If he has some cash could have gotten some thai lady to do all his errands....there are a few that dont seem to mind skirting laws...

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He currently remains in Pattaya awaiting the legal processes for deportation.

Are the Immigration cells still in Soi  8 behind the Sailor Bar ? got to be better then Bangkok--that place is the worst prison in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Chivas said:

Same as Thais entering UK on tourist visas and then deliberately disappearing into the undergrowth

Home Office knows they're here but so are probably another 1 million (and then some) illegals

Ok so they just never use their real passport. Seems it would be tough to do here to me it’s so communal. I mean yeah in uk it would be easy to hide 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

Ok so they just never use their real passport.

Well yes they "could" use a friends "legal" passport to come and go but with iris recognition the shight could easily hit the fan even if the two girls looked similar in the passport photo

Edited by Chivas

14 minutes ago, john donson said:

how did he get money, your cards expire or banks asking KYC and they copy your passport... what about a new passport, might his own embassy ...

Wonder if he was really nabbed on a random passport check or were they looking for him finally based on such a tip? 

There are many people who just stick to themselves espessially older guys with  going out only to procure essentials. What they ”procure” might have loose lips.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, john donson said:

how did he get money, your cards expire or banks asking KYC and they copy your passport... what about a new passport, might his own embassy ...

As I noticed they (over-stayers) are doing just fine - card expired? use online banking and friends to cash out. Passport? 500 thb should be enough to compensate. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Robert Paulson said:

Can someone even explain how this happens. Thais have record of them incoming. But then no outgoing record. So they know the individual is still in the country, or dead perhaps. Or snuck out through the Cambodia border. 

Maybe they don’t even keep track of it this way? 

Same can be said for most any country... they know who entered when and where, and have no record of them leaving, but their now in the wind. I'd love to know how many people Thailand believes are still here on overstay (seems like a simple Db query of immigration's system)

• Thumbs Up 1

Not running drugs, illegal betting, trafficking, real estate fraud or loan sharking but hiding under his bed and bubbled up to the police for it. Seems odd to me.

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Has anyone here solely walking around on foot every been approached by a random Police officer  ?

In my 8 years living here, it only happened to me once... in the very first year... I was in Roi Et. Police came right up me and asked to see my passport. All I was doing was eating ice cream in the shade with my lady friend. 

58 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

As I noticed they (over-stayers) are doing just fine - card expired? use online banking and friends to cash out. Passport? 500 thb should be enough to compensate. 

Can you can get your passport replaced by US if on overstay without being dobbed in ? 

Do banks look for entry stamps when issuing a new card?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Can you can get your passport replaced by US if on overstay without being dobbed in ? 

Do banks look for entry stamps when issuing a new card?

1. Not sure. But I think they would NOT care about your visa status.

2. Not at all! Just replaced my K-Bank card - they took a copy of first page and that was over. Bangkok Bank branch replaced expired VISA card only with copy of the front page (friend did that about 6-7 years ago).

Edited by NativeBob
  • Thumbs Up 1

He confessed to venturing outside his abode only during evenings to procure essentials, all in a bid to avoid run-ins with law enforcement.

Contrary to popular belief, the grass on the other side cant be that much greener!

2 hours ago, Hellfire said:

“He confessed to venturing outside his abode only during evenings to procure essentials, all in a bid to avoid run-ins with law enforcement”

Does simply living in Pattaya justifies this kind of sacrifice of having a count Dracula lifestyle for 6 years?

Depends what there is back home.  If it's the same but the weather is poor and he can't get a girl, maybe this is the better choice.

• Agree 1