Why isn't Philippines the upcoming

33 minutes ago, Denim said:

Why Mr Anderson . Why why why ? Why do you persist.

there is another organism on this forum that follows the same pattern....

• Like 1

Just now, stoner said:

and you smoke weed with those hands. ewwww. my labrador ate my stash. 

I only smoke weed that's been eaten by a Labrador first and then pooped back out. It's become the most sort after weed and probably the most expensive because of the curing process 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stoner said:

wasn't it like 90 percent of japan was bombed in ww2. manila should look like tokyo by now. 

The comparison is not even close, Japan was an advanced empire at the time, and the Philippines was a group of disconnected islands. I thought you were interested in a comparison between Thailand and the Philippines. As I suggested, to draw a more valid comparison, compare the Philippines vs Indonesia.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

The comparison is not even close, Japan was an advanced empire at the time, and the Philippines was a group of disconnected islands. I thought you were interested in a comparison between Thailand and the Philippines. As I suggested, to draw a more valid comparison, compare the Philippines vs Indonesia.  

i was just comparing the 2 cities and the difference in advancement since both were bombed. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Food overall is much better in Thailand.

Hotels are cheaper in Thailand.

That depends on who is eating it. Filipinos prefer their food over Thai food. It also should be noted that their food varies a lot from island to island.  

I prefer Thai food overall, but that doesn't make it better. Most of the time I eat Western food. The advantage in Thailand is they do Western cuisines better here.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

When I went to Manila last year I was disappointed 

3 hours from Bangkok and only parts of it are similar to Bangkok ,when I see parts only a few streets look great 

The public transport is rubbish decrepit 

The question is why Manila  Philippines is not a major city with great infrastructure tourism etc like Bangkok

Why not?

They have great english etc but their city is BS ,why ?

it's due an ineffective government that hasn't done anything to improve the country in the last 3 decades.

Manila is the same now as it was in the 90's, dirty, corrupt and unsafe in most places.

• Agree 1