Statement of Purpose for Thai universities HELP

Posted (edited)

Hi  , I hope some of you out there can help me and a student. He is in Mat 6 and getting ready to apply at KMITL CMKL.

Part of the package he needs is an SOP.  I have tried surfing and only found them for PhD and master's.  Has anyone out there helped a student put one together?

He and his parents have asked me to help him, and I am attempting to do so based on my project and business SOP but again TIT, so I want to make sure.

Also, can anyone tell me about the Duolingo English Test and how it compares to IELTS?

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

At KMUT Northern Bangkok didn't ask SOP.

Unfortunately, the robotics and engineering courses at Kmitl and a lot of schools now require it.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Unfortunately, the robotics and engineering courses at Kmitl and a lot of schools now require it.

Strange paper I'd say. Asking for something they can't describe but demand.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

What they are looking for is why you chose this program and what you have done in to prepare for the course.

My wrong. Student has to submit SoP w/other documents. I'm talking about Master's course in University.

@kingstonkid Thanks!

51 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

My wrong. Student has to submit SoP w/other documents. I'm talking about Master's course in University.

@kingstonkid Thanks!

8 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Thanks. Knowing that TIT and Thai universities do things differently, I was hoping someone had done one already so I could get an idea of what they were looking for.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Strange paper I'd say. Asking for something they can't describe but demand.

i wonder if there's ben issues with engineering / computing students registering for wrong courses. Engineering has many flavors. Computing has many flavors.

Example, Thai step-son of a farang friend registered for Computing which turned out to be basic entry level introduction to computing.

In reality he was already quite knowledgeable about computing (through professional study programs) and he really wanted to study Computing Management at full Enterprise application level. 

Luckily he asked further questions at the uni involved and changed his registration to a course which embraced Computing Management at full Enterprise application level.  

Perhaps this is why the uni is asking for a statement of purpose (could also mean statement of the specific objectives of the study).

Edited by scorecard

At this time we're writing something about "mission" - but it seems they also don't know what is the correct form of SoP too. 

@kingstonkid in your case it is even harder: "robotics and engineering courses" 

if he failed they (parents) will blame you. Do you want that to happen?

Maybe use ChatGPT?

here we go:

A Statement of Purpose (SoP) for pursuing robotics and engineering could be structured as follows:

---

**Statement of Purpose**

**Introduction:**
I, [Your Name], am driven by a profound passion for technology and innovation, particularly in the realm of robotics and engineering. From a young age, I have been captivated by the endless possibilities that these fields offer in revolutionizing the way we live, work, and interact with the world around us.

**Academic Background:**
In pursuit of this passion, I undertook my undergraduate studies in [Your Undergraduate Degree] at [University Name]. Throughout my academic journey, I thrived in challenging engineering courses, consistently excelling in subjects related to mechanics, electronics, and programming. These courses not only honed my technical skills but also fueled my curiosity to explore cutting-edge technologies further.

**Research Experience:**
During my time as an undergraduate student, I had the opportunity to engage in research projects that delved into the applications of robotics in industrial automation. Working alongside esteemed professors, I contributed to developing autonomous systems that streamlined manufacturing processes, witnessing firsthand the transformative power of robotics on efficiency and productivity.

**Professional Goals:**
My long-term career aspiration is to become a leading figure in the field of robotics and engineering, driving advancements that enhance human capabilities and improve quality of life. I envision myself pioneering innovative solutions that address complex societal challenges, such as automation in healthcare, sustainable energy systems, and assistive technologies for persons with disabilities.

**Why This Program:**
I am particularly drawn to [Program Name] at [University Name] due to its renowned faculty expertise in robotics, state-of-the-art research facilities, and a robust curriculum that integrates theory with hands-on practical experience. I am confident that the dynamic learning environment and collaborative opportunities offered by this program will not only challenge me intellectually but also equip me with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the ever-evolving landscape of robotics and engineering.

**Conclusion:**
In conclusion, my unwavering commitment to leveraging technology for societal good, coupled with my academic background and research experience, motivates me to pursue a graduate degree in robotics and engineering at [University Name]. I am excited about the prospect of contributing to groundbreaking research initiatives and cultivating a deeper understanding of the intricate fusion between technology and humanity.

**Signature**

---

Feel free to customize this template with your personal experiences, career goals, and reasons for choosing a specific program. Good luck with your Statement of Purpose!

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, scorecard said:

i wonder if there's ben issues with engineering / computing students registering for wrong courses. Engineering has many flavors. Computing has many flavors.

Example, Thai step-son of a farang friend registered for Computing which turned out to be basic entry level introduction to computing.

In reality he was already quite knowledgeable about computing (through professional study programs) and he really wanted to study Computing Management at full Enterprise application level. 

Luckily he asked further questions at the uni involved and changed his registration to a course which embraced Computing Management at full Enterprise application level.  

Perhaps this is why the uni is asking for a statement of purpose (could also mean statement of the specific objectives of the study).

The SOP, from what I gather, is in lieu of the university having to interview everyone.  

28 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

here we go:

A Statement of Purpose (SoP) for pursuing robotics and engineering could be structured as follows:

---

**Statement of Purpose**

I, [Your Name], am driven by a profound passion for technology and innovation, particularly in the realm of robotics and engineering. From a young age, I have been captivated by the endless possibilities that these fields offer in revolutionizing the way we live, work, and interact with the world around us.

In pursuit of this passion, I undertook my undergraduate studies in [Your Undergraduate Degree] at [University Name]. Throughout my academic journey, I thrived in challenging engineering courses, consistently excelling in subjects related to mechanics, electronics, and programming. These courses not only honed my technical skills but also fueled my curiosity to explore cutting-edge technologies further.

During my time as an undergraduate student, I had the opportunity to engage in research projects that delved into the applications of robotics in industrial automation. Working alongside esteemed professors, I contributed to developing autonomous systems that streamlined manufacturing processes, witnessing firsthand the transformative power of robotics on efficiency and productivity.

My long-term career aspiration is to become a leading figure in the field of robotics and engineering, driving advancements that enhance human capabilities and improve quality of life. I envision myself pioneering innovative solutions that address complex societal challenges, such as automation in healthcare, sustainable energy systems, and assistive technologies for persons with disabilities.

I am particularly drawn to [Program Name] at [University Name] due to its renowned faculty expertise in robotics, state-of-the-art research facilities, and a robust curriculum that integrates theory with hands-on practical experience. I am confident that the dynamic learning environment and collaborative opportunities offered by this program will not only challenge me intellectually but also equip me with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the ever-evolving landscape of robotics and engineering.

In conclusion, my unwavering commitment to leveraging technology for societal good, coupled with my academic background and research experience, motivates me to pursue a graduate degree in robotics and engineering at [University Name]. I am excited about the prospect of contributing to groundbreaking research initiatives and cultivating a deeper understanding of the intricate fusion between technology and humanity.

**Signature**

---

Feel free to customize this template with your personal experiences, career goals, and reasons for choosing a specific program. Good luck with your Statement of Purpose!

Thanks, but this is for a Master can still use some of the ideas from it, though.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Thanks, but this is for a Master can still use some of the ideas from it, though.

Well dah! we're doing that for Masters. 

What do you need? The template is quite obvious and need just a little correction for college. 

Above you mentioned University, not a college 

8 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Computing Management at full Enterprise

Wow! My IQ just dropped 99 points as I can't grasp what is this "course" is about 

Is it for computer café franchise manager?

Like Pui & Suki Computer Enterprise?

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

here we go:

---

**Statement of Purpose**

**Signature**

---

ChatGPT?