Thai Medics Warn of Covid Surge with 11 New Deaths

webfact

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, stoner said:

how do you know you will have to stay in the hospital if you get covid ? for that matter unless you test yourself every single day how can you be sure you don't have covid now. 

keep in mind a large portion of people who get covid don't show any symptoms.

Haven't had a sick day since the start of the pandemic... 

I feel both lucky and fortunate, and satisfied I've done everything I could reasonably do to stay out of the hospital or worse.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 2

Research according to the Dutch News showed that air pollution had a great influence on Covid and probably in teh Netherlands there were 400 deaths because of this combination of airpollution and Covid... Here the same in Thailand???

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The thing about studies into this is and has been from the beginning who pays for them.

Yes, you only have to look at the thousands of studies funded by Kennedy and his anti vaxx cronies...

Edited by stats
off topic diversion comment removed
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Push, push , push the narrative. 2020 LOL. 

Perhaps you should bypass these Covid threads, we all know where you are coming from, sadly...:saai:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Yep I'm coming from a position of not blindly following what big pharma, the CDC, governments, WHO and the access media tells me to believe. I'm glad I have this ability and sad that so many don't.

That's all you are concerned about, companies making money, well aren't all companies there to make money, or are you an ageing communist.....😂

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Push, push , push the narrative. 2020 LOL. 

The narrative is to recognize that now in 2024 when the Thai MoPH starts talking about (per the OP):

"The high number of cases is also taking a toll on healthcare workers who are feeling overwhelmed by the demands."

...that they're talking about a real thing that already has been well documented here in Thailand and around the world during the course of the pandemic, as documented by my earlier posts here and cited sources on that subject.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, stoner said:

so covid cases are overwhelming them now in 2024 ? i would argue that there are far more people in hospital for pollution related issues than covid.

Common sense. Stop it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stoner said:

so covid cases are overwhelming them now in 2024 ? i would argue that there are far more people in hospital for pollution related issues than covid.

I don’t believe one persons adverse reaction to “pollution” is contagious and potentially life threatening to health workers, but I’m not a heath professional like yourself… 

• Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, transam said:

That's all you are concerned about, companies making money, well aren't all companies there to make money, or are you an ageing communist.....😂

Not all companies have governments and mass media advertising their product and not only advertising but demonising those who don't want the product and even forcing people to take the product. If anything this sounds more along communist or authoritarian lines.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I don’t believe one persons adverse reaction to “pollution” is contagious and potentially life threatening to health workers, but I’m not a heath professional like yourself… 

pollution kills more people every year than covid ever did. year after year after year after year after year.

covid is a nothing burger now. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

27 minutes ago, stoner said:

You have taken what @stoner posted completely out of context. Indeed it's a total misrepresentation.

Edited by dinsdale
flame comment removed
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I guess it's never occurred to some posters here that the peak of Thailand's pollution season this spring (and all the medical problems that creates) happens to overlap in part with the current seasonal peak of COVID illnesses...

And both issues together end up landing in the laps of Thailand's hospitals and emergency rooms, each adding to the larger workload burdens they face.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I guess it's never occurred to some posters here that the peak of Thailand's pollution season this spring (and all the medical problems that creates) happens to overlap in part with the current seasonal peak of COVID illnesses...

And both issues together end up landing in the laps of Thailand's hospitals and emergency rooms, each adding to the larger workload burdens they face.

Thailand: 10 million sought treatment for pollution-related illnesses in 2023

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68487230

Rather more than covid I reckon. p.s. no such thing as spring in the tropics.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

Thanks for helping to reinforce my prior point, as stated by MoPH, that the current COVID surge is creating problems for an already overburdened pubic health operation.

But it goes beyond that, as there's been clear and conclusive research that living in areas with poor air quality, such as is the case seasonally in Thailand, makes people MORE susceptible to health problems caused by COVID.  So the two different situations together make things worse!

Air pollution exposure linked to more severe COVID-19 outcomes

May 25, 2022

Exposure to common air pollutants were associated with more severe outcomes after SARS-CoV-2 infection, according to findings published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal.

“Apart from showing that the environment, and especially air pollution, may play a role in contributing to COVID-19 severity during the COVID-19 pandemic, this study enforces the idea that air pollution is pervasive and a silent killer,” Hong Chen, PhD, an adjunct professor in the School of Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of Ottawa in Canada, told Healio. “The association of air pollution and COVID-19 severity reflects the tip of the iceberg of the wide-ranging impacts of air pollution on human health.”

Overall, the findings indicate that long-term exposure to PM2.5 and O3 was associated with an elevated risk for COVID-19–related hospital admissions; exposure to O3 was also associated with an elevated risk for death due to COVID-19.

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20220525/air-pollution-exposure-linked-to-more-severe-covid19-outcomes

AND

Air pollution exposure linked to severe COVID-19 outcomes

May 25, 2023

Air pollution exposure is associated with a higher risk of experiencing severe outcomes from COVID-19 infections, including intensive care unit (ICU) admissions and death, according to new evidence in Nature Communications from the Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal).

While the negative effects of long-term exposure to ambient air pollution on chronic respiratory diseases has long been supported by scientific research, there is less evidence surrounding air pollution exposure and outcomes from reparatory infections.

Overall, higher annual average exposure to particle matter and nitrogen dioxide was associated with a greater risk (hazard) of COVID-19–related events. An increase in exposure to particle matter of 3.2 µg/m3 was associated with a 25% increase in hospital admissions (hazard ratio [HR], 1.25, 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.22 to 1.29). Exposure was also associated with an increased risk of ICU admission (HR 1.16; 95% CI, 1.09 to1.24), and death (HR 1.13; 95% CI, 1.07 to 1.19).

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/air-pollution-exposure-linked-severe-covid-19-outcomes

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

deflection again. 

here is a wild idea. hospitals hire more staff and pay them better as incentive to work. please now argue that. 

complaining about workloads and burdens now is pathetic. especially after over 4 years of covid. those in power have all the resources necessary to make the burden much less. they don't though. they continue to make millions and billions all whilst paying staff peanuts to be on the front line. 

all of these issues could be easily solved. 

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, milesinnz said:

I think there should be free choice to vaccinate or not...

Hasn't it always been free choice to get vaccinated or not?

8 hours ago, stoner said:

covid is a nothing burger now. 

And THAT is the problem I and others, have with people like you.

Most of you accept that the virus mutates and even accept that the different mutations have slightly different symptoms and transmission ability but seem to have convinced yourself that it can never harm you 🤦🏼‍♂️

A couple of key mutations might just flip your nothing burger and make it very interesting for you and the rest of us to chew…

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

And THAT is the problem I and others, have with people like you.

Most of you accept that the virus mutates and even accept that the different mutations have slightly different symptoms and transmission ability but seem to have convinced yourself that it can never harm you 🤦🏼‍♂️

A couple of key mutations might just flip your nothing burger and make it very interesting for you and the rest of us to chew…

i have never said it cannot harm me. my main point that i am always going on is that it is nothing compared to what it was before. then when compared to so many other things that can kill you. it really is a nothing burger now. 

yes i know people are getting sick. being admitted to hospital. dying. they are also doing that from so many other things in greater numbers now.

why no lockdowns or mask mandate in thailand for the ongoing and only getting worse pm2.5 issue ? a far greater threat than covid and has killed so many more than covid ever will.