Bad News For Weed Shops: Potent Cannabis Poses Mental Health Risks

webfact

1 minute ago, kwilco said:

As I said already you are a one quote wonder and can't even understand the quotes you pick (or rather cherry pick)  it's really difficult holding a meaningful discussion with someone who is so intellectually stunted 

How the Department of Justice and the Drug Enforcement Agency in the US and the WHO classifies cannabis isn't what I would call cherry picking and they both classify it as psychoactive. This isn't to say that other duristications don't classify it as psychtopic. Either way as has been said many times by many posters that to say it's deleterous to mental health as if this applies to everyone is incorrect. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

humans in large groups are just f🙊king stupid, and the stupid scales up as the group gets larger.

A bunch of Thai men sat in a circle at a table. Solutions were deduced. How dare you. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

How the Department of Justice and the Drug Enforcement Agency in the US and the WHO classifies cannabis isn't what I would call cherry picking and they both classify it as psychoactive. This isn't to say that other duristications don't classify it as psychtopic. Either way as has been said many times by many posters that to say it's deleterous to mental health as if this applies to everyone is incorrect. 

Of course it varies according to individuals, but it does not suit some people and it is certainly not a 100% harmless substance. I think there is a point to be made that deploying it without safeguards, the way it was in Thailand, was unreasonable. I smoked for 13 years, so telling me I don't know what I am on about is irrelevant. Just an opinion for debate…

I thought you stoners were meant to be chilled :stoner: (Just joshing!!)

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

QED - you don't have a point then.

Well I have to admit that I don't understand why people want to use marijuana for recreational purposes in the first place. The food that we need to eat has this and that added to it which can harm us in one way or another yet people want to voluntarily ingest extra substances that could/can increase the risk of having health issues.

6 hours ago, proton said:

Three old friends who kept it up daily all their adult life's are long dead, all with brain hemorrhages.

Did the autopsies all say smoking pot was the direct cause?  I know a girl who had a blue car who died of a heart attack. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Galong said:

Did the autopsies all say smoking pot was the direct cause?  I know a girl who had a blue car who died of a heart attack. 

I doubt it, but every little helps........:crazy:

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dioj said:

Stoner hasn't even chimed in on this latest steaming pile of anecdotal conjecture posing as news. Maybe after he has a few more bong hits he'll drop his two buds in. 

i was sleeping. now i have to go for a walk before i waste my day away getting blazed. just finished repairing my dad's garage took almost a week. a few animals used it as shelter for the winter. it was a total mess. had to replace some of the truss ends and the plywood sheeting before i put new shingles on and gutter guards.

were we talking about weed..... i forgot ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

I don't understand why the government doesn't just reclassify Cannabis as a Category V (5) Narcotic immediately.

This can be done with the stroke of a pen, maybe with a 90 - 120-day gazetting waitlist.

Then start arresting the hundreds of thousands of Thais growing, distributing, and using this narcotic.

I mean if it's so dangerous wouldn't delaying the reclassification be malfeasance? Think of the children.

Has anyone died from (ab)using cannabis?

I saw demons once. Very scary. Having said that, getting extremely high before bed makes some fantastic dreams.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BigBruv said:

Like alcohol, thc affects different people in different ways so to say that cannabis is damaging is true (look up cannabis psychosis).

https://everybrainmatters.org/thc-psychosis-and-violence/

For every bob marley (who did great work under the influence), there are many more who smoked their lives away at best and quite a few who hear voices and will stab you if you look at them 'wrong'.

Having saif that, cash rules in thailand so I'd guess the alcohol lobby is probably behind this (late) gambit.

Thaksin is behind this. At the end of the day it doesn't matter about if dope is bad or not bad. It's what he wants.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Dioj said:

Let all the drunks on this forum continue to blame it on cannabis. It seems to distract them and make them feel better about their alcoholism that is taking years off their life. 

i mean what would a guy at harvard with so many years experience in this field know. 

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, JoePai said:

Everyone agrees the taking of cannabis can cause health problems but so do other “drugs” like tobacco and alcohol so why are they not being classified as a scheduled narcotics ?

Exactly. No consistency whatsoever

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, stoner said:

i mean what would a guy at harvard with so many years experience in this field know. 

It doesn't trigger schizophrenia it triggers paranoia. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

This sentiment is echoed by disillusioned farmers who have witnessed a dramatic decline in profits since the liberalization of cannabis in 2022.

How exactly has the liberalisation of cannabis dramatically reduced farmers profits and why would they call for the recriminalization of it ?  The profit from all cash crops is subject to variation but I have never heard of farmers calling for other crops which have given a lower profit than expected to be banned So that is just total fiction   

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Reports from hospitals and emergency wards across Thailand paint a concerning picture,

Strangely there have been few if any reports on the news from all these hospitals , until now,   Were they simply keeping it to themselves before ?  

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, jonclark said:

The quality of the OP is utter tripe and is just a wish list of things that government wants the public to accept as truth without any further discussion or debate. 

Bang on the nail, I could not have put it any better, The OP is the closest thing to reefer madness I have read recently, Not surprisingly nobody appears to have put their name to it.    A truly pathetic article that should be consigned to the bin

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This is about a flooded market (one could say a healthy market) and reduction in prices and profits. Thought that would be obvious.

Read it properly. “disillusioned farmers who have witnessed a dramatic decline in profits since the liberalization of cannabis in 2022.” the operative word is “since”. 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

This sentiment is echoed by disillusioned farmers who have witnessed a dramatic decline in profits since the liberalization of cannabis in 2022.

Normal market behaviour. In the beginning it's the wild west, with time only the best will survive. Same thing happened with coffee shops here in TH. 10 years ago there were only a handful, most of them very basic places. Then there was a boom and coffee shops sprang up like mushrooms everywhere. Of course, with so much competition, the substandard places were weeded out pretty fast. Now there are less but most of them are very good quality. Some are even amazing with lush gardens and refined decor. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

Read it properly. “disillusioned farmers who have witnessed a dramatic decline in profits since the liberalization of cannabis in 2022.” the operative word is “since”. 

"'since" Since the liberalisation of the law. Between then and now and not before. So yes the "opperative word" as you say is since. "Since the liberalisation of the law (when the law was liberalised) farmers profits have reduced" or "initially the small number of farmers cultivating saw good profits but as the number of cultivators rapidly increased those farmers saw their profits reduced." As I said this would be because more dope was being cultivated, more on the market, market prices dropped and profit margins were reduced. I believe I did read it properly thank you and I also know what since means. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1