Israeli Pensioner Robbed and Abandoned by Motorcycle Taxi in Thai Tourist Town

webfact

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

It's normal for the nationality to be reported. Otherwise, why do they always mention that they were Brit, German, American etc?

(Although this guy's surname sounds Bulgarian/east European).

Sounds like a Jewish name to me.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, aussiebrian said:

I have lived in Thailand for 19 years, I have never seen any Jew hatred amongst Thais. Could be because most Thais don't even know what a Jew is, look at Hitler chicken, poster of Hitler with super heros on University campus, etc,  This was naivety not hate.  But with farang, it is a different story, it is rampant especially since October 7th.. 

Move one country to the south of Thailand, Israelis are banned from entering Malaysia, Palestinian flags flying on many buildings, and rampant Jew hatred running wild.. (The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree when you look at Penny Wong.) 

The journalist who wrote this might have thought he would get more hits putting in an Israeli.. but maybe he is one of the very few that said "Israeli" due to Jew hatred.

https://focusmalaysia.my/when-flying-the-israeli-flag-is-now-a-crime-in-malaysia-but-ok-with-the-palestinian-flag/

As a Jew, nope, people don't like occupying nations, I don't like the US occupying areas of Libya to steal oil as much as I don't like the clear and obvious ethnic cleansing of Gaza so they can steal the gas and create the Ben Guiron canal. 

Perhaps you should check your own feelings about Muslims to see if you are biased in that direction. Did you have issues with Ukrainian flags being flown across the world for the past 2 years for or Russians being banned from nations and having assets seized?

Edited by ryandb
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aussiebrian said:

I have lived in Thailand for 19 years, I have never seen any Jew hatred amongst Thais. Could be because most Thais don't even know what a Jew is, look at Hitler chicken, poster of Hitler with super heros on University campus, etc,  This was naivety not hate.  But with farang, it is a different story, it is rampant especially since October 7th.. 

Move one country to the south of Thailand, Israelis are banned from entering Malaysia, Palestinian flags flying on many buildings, and rampant Jew hatred running wild.. (The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree when you look at Penny Wong.) 

The journalist who wrote this might have thought he would get more hits putting in an Israeli.. but maybe he is one of the very few that said "Israeli" due to Jew hatred.

https://focusmalaysia.my/when-flying-the-israeli-flag-is-now-a-crime-in-malaysia-but-ok-with-the-palestinian-flag/

What's never mentioned currently is that there is a difference between anti-semitism and anti-Zionism. For instance, many Jewish people don't like Israel. Some years ago I saw a documentary featuring some young Israeli people who had decided to live in Berlin, Germany, rather than live with the "stupid old men" in Israel. I thought that was rather 'ironic'. I guess they were Anti-Zionist-semites?

Edited by Andrew65
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

What's never mentioned currently is that there is a difference between anti-semitism and anti-Zionism. For instance, many Jewish people don't like Israel. Some years ago I saw a documentary featuring some young Israeli people who had decided to live in Berlin, Germany, rather than live with the "stupid old men" in Israel. I thought that was rather 'ironic'. I guess they were Anit-Zionist-semites?

Never mentioned?

Have you been living under a rock?

• Agree 2

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Never mentioned?

Have you been living under a rock?

Maybe you don't get my drift? Never do I hear anyone differentiate in the way that I mention. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

good time to make sure you have "find my device" app installed on your phone... I got to use it last year...nice to have

no one whipped out their phones to use google translate as whenever im around a thai they have their finger on the button

be on the lookout for a jitterbug phone at the local shops.....or is he distraught her cant post on his tik tok account???

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why is he reported as an israeli? What difference does his nationality make?

Probably kinny / haggling all the way hence got dropped off early

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why report his gender? Transphobia!

Why report his age? Ageism!

Why report the profession of the alleged thief?

Why report that a phone was stolen?

Important questions!

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Because he is.

None, but it emphasises the communication difficulties .

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

An 81-year-old man to be stranded by a motorcycle taxi guy who also stole his phone amazing Thailand TIT

Nobody knows the background of the story. There are situations where people piss the other party off. Israelis aren't known for being polite & respectful. Talking from experience.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Nobody knows the background of the story. There are situations where people piss the other party off. Israelis aren't known for being polite & respectful. Talking from experience.

Of course you are.

Israelis are all the same.

Just like bigots.

In any case there is no legal excuse for stealing a phone and abandoning a passenger.

1 hour ago, Moon6966 said:

Many times here it's reported here about India people or any other different nationalities 

Why is that now when they state it's Israeli person any different then if they will say India? 

It's not.

Foreign nationality is always worth noting in a news story.

The post you replied to was a troll post from an obsessive Israel demonizer who hoped to hijack this topic from a simple crime story to yet another black hole argument on the current Israel Hamas war.

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The language barrier,....he could not speak English.

1 hour ago, Kinok Farang said:

Sorry my Thai is not up to scratch.

What does "kinny" mean please?

Tight, stingy, literal translation: sticky isht

Stereotypes exist for a reason my precious

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You were there then?

Probably - look it up

6 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

Probably - look it up

Very impressive,wish i had your grasp of the Thai language.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

Probably - look it up

So you're saying it is true that Jew haters are ignorant mouth breathers?

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I realize another one your sarcastic games but nationality of a foreign crime victim is a standard thing to mention in journalism anywhere.

many headlines have read...Indian tourist gets robbed of xxx baht gold chain from ladyboy.

30 minutes ago, stoner said:

many headlines have read...Indian tourist gets robbed of xxx baht gold chain from ladyboy.

Yes its standard to mention the nationality. The fact that so many ignorant Jew haters have a field day when they hear Israeli is not the fault of the journalist.

8 hours ago, Xonax said:

It seems that he actually was driven to Sattahip by the motorcycle taxi. Did he actually pay for the ride, or did the driver take the passengers mobile phone as collatteral for missing payment?

Another one that was there. 

12 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Waiting for a response from Hamas taking credit, and then crying that they are persecuted when one of their homicidal babykilling brethren is arrested.

Same <deleted>e different smell. They’re as bad as each other but as far as numbers go Israel is way in front. 

• Confused 1