Soi Honey / Soi Diana One way starts 21 May

scubascuba3

Posted (edited)

So I just added soi honey and soi Dianna to my morning walk. Many bikes and food bike/carts going wrong way of course.

What's funny is they painted the blue one-way signs on most of it except nothing on 2nd road end of soi Dianna. So there is nothing indicating 2nd road entrance to Dianna is not allowed (once you're on it it's not as if you can turn around)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 2

What it really means is if you want to go in the direction opposite the one designated you'll have to pay a toll. 

Maybe BiB will work out a side hustle for the gowityu ladies who solicit customers all day, to call in the direction of the offenders.

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

What's funny is they painted the blue one-way signs on most of it except nothing on 2nd road end of soi Dianna. So there is nothing indicating 2nd road entrance to Dianna is not allowed (once you're on it it's not as if you can turn around)

Possibly that's on purpose because people will still enter from 2nd road to get to The Edge Condo

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Possibly that's on purpose because people will still enter from 2nd road to get to The Edge Condo

No, the edge condo entrance is off 2nd road immediately after soi Dianna. The Edge built a massive wall on soi Dianna to keep people out

Edit: oops, I see in post below Edge entrance is in soi Dianna. Well that's messed up as all the cars I saw entering from 2nd were going down the soi

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, treetops said:

Not going by this Google Streetview image looking into Soi Diana from 2nd Road.

That's hilarious. People will be driving down a long one-way street only to then have cars turning into them from 2nd road. What could possibly go wrong...even the Google pic shows the cars on the wrong side of the road for turning lol

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 1

Problem solved with some traffic cones to block entry to soi Dianna from 2nd road. I guess the people who live in the Edge will have to go home via soi bukhao now 😀

20240521_154753.jpg

• Thanks 1

So, if you are on the second road and you want to enter The Edge, you have to continue on, enter Soi Honey, get to Soi Buakhao, continue until Soi Diana and go down again until you almost reach the second road again to be able get in.

• Haha 1

They should have put the cones up the middle of Soi Diana until just past the entrance to The Edge so it was 2 way for that first/last 10 - 15 yards.  Wouldn't affect traffic much in either direction and would have saved a lot of trouble.

34 minutes ago, Espanol said:

So, if you are on the second road and you want to enter The Edge, you have to continue on, enter Soi Honey, get to Soi Buakhao, continue until Soi Diana and go down again until you almost reach the second road again to be able get in.

Yeah but once it settles down Edge people will just go up Diana and do a quick left

• Agree 1

On 5/15/2024 at 10:11 AM, scubascuba3 said:

A good thing, both sois too narrow for two way traffic

Screenshot_2024-05-15-14-06-41-008_com.facebook.katana~2.jpg

I am strongly inclined to agree there. Been stuck in blocked traffic on both those sois many times. Long overdue.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Just spent a couple of hours at Las Vegas watching the traffic in the rain. There was a plod a little up the street turning motorbikes back but he went when the rain set in. Then it became a 2 way street just as before. It would maybe be an idea to have the road markings in another language other than English.

2 ways motorbikes? or cars also?

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

2 ways motorbikes? or cars also?

Cars as well, fewer than going down the street but still enough to cause minor issues. Guess it will take a while to get known, or forgotten altogether.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 4:45 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah but once it settles down Edge people will just go up Diana and do a quick left

They've now put up no right turn signs on metal barriers to make it impossible to enter Dianna from 2nd road. I imagine they are there to stay

Edited by Pattaya57

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

They've now put up no right turn signs on metal barriers to make it impossible to enter Dianna from 2nd road. I imagine they are there to stay

Crappy barriers and Cones will never be a permanent solution.

In fact, it shows how little thought went into it.

Edited by TaaSaparot

On 5/20/2024 at 4:22 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Ready for action tomorrow, they need big no entry signs but no have

Screenshot_2024-05-20-16-20-09-484_com.facebook.katana~3.jpg

These huge signs need to be at the exits of these roads, not at the entrances.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Barriers STAY?........I bet you a happy meal they are gone (or at least moved to the side) in 2 weeks or less...

15 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

They did not look very permanent....... so either will get moved or become something to park against. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They did not look very permanent....... so either will get moved or become something to park against. 

They always make a big show of things at first.....After a while they will lose interest...And it will be a free for all ....

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Peabody said:

These huge signs need to be at the exits of these roads, not at the entrances.

They are spread throughout the Soi's and was at Soi Honey exit from day 0, exit of soi Dianna now also included

Edited by Pattaya57

20 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Barriers STAY?........I bet you a happy meal they are gone (or at least moved to the side) in 2 weeks or less...

They are using the same one way barrier method as Jomtien Soi 7, that's still there months later

Posted (edited)

Last couple of days I found it strange that cars/bikes are still driving on the left hugging the white line, rather than driving in the middle of the one-way road (I almost got hit by a bike yesterday while walking on the line)

This means it's much safer walking on the LK Metro side of the road no matter which direction you're walking. Other than that, traffic flow does seem much improved

Oh yeah, I love how the metal barriers on 2nd road are now used to park bikes behind 😉

Edited by Pattaya57