Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

3 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Its because the Ukrainian Air Force needed their existing pilots to operate the MIGs and Sukhoi’s it already had in order to stay in the fight these last two years. It would have been preferable to have experienced pilots train on the F-16’s but wasn’t an option. So basically with new inexperienced trainees they have had to start from scratch. And then you have the airfileds/maintenmcnme facilities which will be sitting <deleted> for the Kinzhals and the language training for these pilots for which everything from the pilot and ops manual, maintenance instructions and part detail to the instruments text and software has to be fully translated and verified as error free when it concerns something on the scale of multi-purpose fighter aircraft. Or you run into issues... A lot of issues.

When you see how the President is framing this "too little too late" and that peace will come by November it's very clear what is going on behind the scenes.

Only six Ukrainian pilots have reportedly been trained by European Nato members to fly F-16 fighter jets due to be delivered to Kyiv next month.

Ukraine has been urging its allies for months to send them the jets, claiming they would help defend against long-range strikes and bring about a swift end to the war.

Citing Ukrainian and Western officials, the Washington Post reported that not only are there far too few trained pilots to give Ukraine an edge but the jets can not immediately be used on the front line due to improving Russian air defences.

Basing the F-16s in Ukraine has also become a problem. F-16s need a long, clean runway, free of stones or debris. Over the past few weeks, Russia has been bombing the only suitable bases.

https://archive.ph/5wJQM

Screenshot 2024-07-31 073521.jpg

Can you please mention the source so we can decide to open or not?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

An army marches on it's stomach, as Napoleon is reported to have said. Cut the supply lines and it's all over for the front line.

If the poster that put a confused emoji on my post explains what they don't understand I'll be happy to enlighten them as to why no supplies = defeat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

If I recall correctly. Blinken said that F16’s will be flying over the skies in Ukraine in the summer. Does he mean this summer or next summer? We are in August, summer 2024 is ending soon.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

If I recall correctly. Blinken said that F16’s will be flying over the skies in Ukraine in the summer. Does he mean this summer or next summer? We are in August, summer 2024 is ending soon.

Why does that concern you, or is your team in the east feeding you instructions........? 😒

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the poster that put a confused emoji on my post explains what they don't understand I'll be happy to enlighten them as to why no supplies = defeat.

Napoleon never had air drops/helicopters...............🙄...................:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Why does that concern you, or is your team in the east feeding you instructions........? 😒

Just curious what the latest wonder weapon in a long series of wonder weapons can do to help Ukraine avoid catastrophic defeat.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nobody is claiming its a wonder weapon, only you. As for catastrophic defeat, you're dreaming again.

Will you settle for simple, plain old defeat? Lol.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Just curious what the latest wonder weapon in a long series of wonder weapons can do to help Ukraine avoid catastrophic defeat.

I don't know, but you could try asking your paymaster.............:coffee1:

2 hours ago, transam said:

I don't know, but you could try asking your paymaster.............:coffee1:

2 hours ago, transam said:

Says the Welsh Red bloke.........😂

🥱. Crikey, you’re boring…

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Like I said, good for Ukraine. 

Although… 

Soon after, a pixelated picture purporting to be an F-16 in the skies above Ukraine was shared on social media and by Ukrainian media outlets.
Kyiv has not officially confirmed receipt of the jets.

5 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Like I said, good for Ukraine. 

Although… 

Soon after, a pixelated picture purporting to be an F-16 in the skies above Ukraine was shared on social media and by Ukrainian media outlets.
Kyiv has not officially confirmed receipt of the jets.

The image comes from a video...........:saai:

Ukraine has received its first batch of long-awaited American-made F-16 fighter jets that will help the country fight back against Russia's superior air power, according to news reports.

A top advisor to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Mykhailo Podolyak, said he would neither confirm nor deny Ukraine had received the F-16s. Other Ukrainian officials were similarly tight-lipped.

However, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister Gabrielius Landsbergis said on X, quote, "F-16s in Ukraine. Another impossible thing turned out to be totally possible."

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/01/g-s1-14698/ukraine-receives-u-s-f-16-fighter-jets

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The image comes from a video...........:saai:

Ukraine has received its first batch of long-awaited American-made F-16 fighter jets that will help the country fight back against Russia's superior air power, according to news reports.

A top advisor to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Mykhailo Podolyak, said he would neither confirm nor deny Ukraine had received the F-16s. Other Ukrainian officials were similarly tight-lipped.

However, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister Gabrielius Landsbergis said on X, quote, "F-16s in Ukraine. Another impossible thing turned out to be totally possible."

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/01/g-s1-14698/ukraine-receives-u-s-f-16-fighter-jets

Video… I once saw a video showing some UFO’s too…lol

But I hope it’s true. It will go some way towards Zelensky’s target of 100… lol

Zelenskyy has said that Ukraine says it needs more than 100 of the US-made aircraft to effectively counter Russia

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

But I hope it’s true. It will go some way towards Zelensky’s target of 100… lol

Zelenskyy has said that Ukraine says it needs more than 100 of the US-made aircraft to effectively counter Russia

There you go dreaming and off topic again

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

There you go dreaming and off topic again

If you think F-16s are going to make any difference to the outcome, then you’re the one that’s dreaming :). Goes well with your hope strategy though.

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

If you think F-16s are going to make any difference to the outcome, then you’re the one that’s dreaming :). Goes well with your hope strategy though.

What outcome are you claiming again? The crystal ball out again.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

How warfare is changing........

A Two-Pound Ukrainian Drone Just Shot Down A 12-Ton Russian Helicopter
It may be the first time a drone has destroyed a helicopter in mid-air.

Ukrainian forces deploy more than 100,000 explosive first-person-view drones a month all along the 700-mile front line of Russia’s 28-month wider war on Ukraine. The drones smash into armored vehicles, chase down exposed infantry and follow artillery fire back to its origin in order to target Russian howitzers.

And today one of the small quadcopter drones—remotely steered by an operator wearing a virtual-reality headset—shot down a Russian helicopter, apparently for the first time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/07/31/a-two-pound-ukrainian-drone-just-shot-down-a-12-ton-russian-helicopter/

• Like 2