Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

What lies, what delusions? Things change daily but very glad to see Putin shills are now using CNN as a credible source. :thumbsup:

I don’t consider any one source more credible than the other, most western msm nowadays is nothing more than western mouthpieces, just repeating western propaganda. Anyone relying on it for so called facts are either just gullible, ignorant or both.

The fact that even CNN is reporting negative news shows how bad the real situation is for Ukraine. If CNN reports 19,000 defections, the real figure is probably twice that, imo. The orcs are winning, no doubt about that in my mind. They have a real strategy, not one based on hope and fantasy.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

A number of trolling posts removed along with a post referring to events back in 2022 and a repetative link that was already posted 3 times.  Please keep the discussion on topic if you want your post to remain:

Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Note that the writer has a picture of Leon Trotsky in his profile and only posts during waking hours in Moscow.

Comrade I was a youthful Trotskyite for 4 years during my callow youth - mostly left wing Labour since then but a democrat nevertheless. I live in the UK and have never visited Rissia. I did visit the USSR exhibition at Earl's Court in the 1970s . My last foray into politics on the World Forum was back in the glory days fighting against Brexit. Turns out all those members who argued to take back control with such fervour were advancing Putin's agenda. Not me.I've said before it was Bahkmut and WillyOAM on YT and Reditt that opened my eyes to the difference between the dominant narrative that is being pushed and the murky truth. That and trillions of dollars of US and their lapdogs adventurism particuarly in the middle east. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

33 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

hello

update:

we are still moving deep into Kursk. we are trying to take control of this village at the moment. We already in the village but there are small russian groups trying to stop us. 

we lost 7 people yesterday.  1 georgian..1 azerbaijanian.. 5 ukrainian

we are also getting lot of POWs. some surrender when they see us.. some after a short fire fight. .some call í want to live' call center. 

we are providing health and humanitarian help to local people. They seem to be very happy. Well, there are many ukraine history in this area too. 

sadly we are having communication problems time to time with other units.

also Elon Musk keep cutting our net and its effecting drones and other mechanical things. 

we also know russians dont take prisoners. they shoot POWs on the site and loot the bodies. 

as you can understand i cannot give lot info about the situation here. 

if you have any questions you can ask. i cannot online that offten but i can answer them when i can

this is my brigade website:  https://ab3.army/en/

and this is our drone team: https://terraops.info/

here you can find all the details. Please consider to help TERRA drone team or even better both...

thanks everyone for the support

Keep safe I too have so many questions I would love to ask but now is not the time. I hope this war ends soon and you can go back to Thailand and rejoin the realworld if that is what Thailand is !

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Love It 1

Their best fighters and units were sent to Kursk for what increasingly looks like a "hearts and minds" operation - meanwhile back at the front inexperienced conscripts are facing unimaginable horrors. Syrsky wasn't nicknamed "the butcher" by his troops for nothing.

Danger in Donbas as Ukraine’s front line falters - Russian fighters are trying to encircle the defenders - ECONOMIST

https://archive.is/JdQeS

Yury, a soldier attached to the 59th brigade based near Ukrainisk, says Ukrainian losses have been significant. A reinforcement of inexperienced infantrymen sent from Ukraine’s 71st brigade were wiped out. “Over three days, 100 became zero.

The Russians are also pressing their advantages in drones and electronic warfare. This is especially evident in their search and strike system, which links advanced reconnaissance drones to strike drones, artillery and aviation. “Physicist”, a tank commander with the 68th, says the Russian air force and artillery can react almost in real time; anything that moves and is not protected is destroyed. His tank drivers consequently now mostly work as static artillery units, operating from closed positions, and much farther back.

Edited by beautifulthailand99

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

hello

update:

we are still moving deep into Kursk. we are trying to take control of this village at the moment. We already in the village but there are small russian groups trying to stop us. 

we lost 7 people yesterday.  1 georgian..1 azerbaijanian.. 5 ukrainian

we are also getting lot of POWs. some surrender when they see us.. some after a short fire fight. .some call í want to live' call center. 

we are providing health and humanitarian help to local people. They seem to be very happy. Well, there are many ukraine history in this area too. 

sadly we are having communication problems time to time with other units.

also Elon Musk keep cutting our net and its effecting drones and other mechanical things. 

we also know russians dont take prisoners. they shoot POWs on the site and loot the bodies. 

as you can understand i cannot give lot info about the situation here. 

if you have any questions you can ask. i cannot online that offten but i can answer them when i can

this is my brigade website:  https://ab3.army/en/

and this is our drone team: https://terraops.info/

here you can find all the details. Please consider to help TERRA drone team or even better both...

thanks everyone for the support

you are a hero, glory to you!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Latest post from Julian Ropcke expressing despair at the situation at the front.

Wouldn't the Kursk incursion be the biggest strategic failure? All they have is a salient that will be closed after the most important objective is achieved.

Didn't divert troops there, which had to be the objective, IMO.

I'm surprised they are still there though. Their supply lines must be better than I thought. I originally guessed they had a large force behind them to exploit the breach to really put them into Russia, but obviously wrong on that. IMO just Zelensky's battle of the Bulge- a last gasp.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wouldn't the Kursk incursion be the biggest strategic failure? All they have is a salient that will be closed after the most important objective is achieved.

Didn't divert troops there, which had to be the objective, IMO.

I'm surprised they are still there though. Their supply lines must be better than I thought. I originally guessed they had a large force behind them to exploit the breach to really put them into Russia, but obviously wrong on that. IMO just Zelensky's battle of the Bulge- a last gasp.

It's interesting, Kursk was initally a PR triumph where Ukraine siezed back the initaitive with the first invasion of Russian soil since WW2. Since then as our friend problemfarang has said they have taken heavy losses and are not encountering many troops moved from the front. Couple that with Ukrainians are the good guys then there is an overhead in behaving responsibly as the occupier and they are reportedly the best troops as well - fighting what appear to be ghosts.

Zelenskiy has said repeatedly he wants to end this war in the autumn and I think it was to strengthen his hand when trading land for peace. Maybe they thought Russians forces would set up their pitiless artillery and glide bomb assaults on their own villages and divert forces from the Donbas.But it hasn't happened. Meanwhile as I have pointed out in the CNN,Economist and Julian Roepcke reports posted there is mass desertion , lack of men and ammo and a seemingly unstoppable Russian advance in the Donbas. It's starting to appear the cunning plan was far from cunning and time is running out for Ukraine.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This would tie in with Germany slashing their help to Ukraine next year and Scholz is fighting for his politcal life against a resurgent pro-Putin AfD. EDIT they are already cheering.  https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/news/far-right-afd-cheers-scholzs-call-for-peace-summit-with-russia/

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is just not true. Stop the spreading of your misinformation. The offer by Olaf has nothing to do with the budget slashing. That is being offset with the 50 billion loan package being given to Ukraine funded by interest from profits of Russian seized cash. Ukraine will not have any less military aid as a result.

My hot takes are based on the best of my knowldege at any moment and I sincerely beleive them to be true as I see it at that point.That reduction seems to be firm whereas the shortfall being made up from seized Russian assets at this time still appears problematic. So my point at this juncture still stands. Indeed it indicates a direction of travel, blabbed by Meloni to those Russian pranksters way back when. "I see that there is a lot of fatigue, I have to say the truth, from all the sides. We (are) near the moment in which everybody understands that we need a way out."

https://www.politico.eu/article/germany-halt-new-ukraine-military-aid-report-war-russia/

In a letter sent to the German defense ministry on Aug. 5, Finance Minister Christian Lindner said that future funding would no longer come from Germany's federal budget but from proceeds from frozen Russian assets, according to the German newspaper.

Germany and other G7 countries in June struck a preliminary deal to use the value of some $300 billion of Russia’s sovereign assets immobilized in Western financial institutions to secure a $50 billion loan to Ukraine. But governments have yet to agree on the details of the scheme, and technical talks might drag on for months.

Indeed aid to Ukraine was gifted wheras the loan is just that based on a bond backed by the assets as collateral which no doubt Ukarine has to pay at some point or risk default and the subsequent loss bouncing back to European taxpayers as an unfunded liability. Still fine words at the moment but no buttered parsnips.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/risky-business-how-to-save-the-g7-deal-to-mobilize-50-billion-for-ukraine/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Would make it easier to read if I was able to open it, but I'm not going to be getting a Reddit app just to do so.

I'll restrict myself to saying that like any tracked vehicle the weak point is the track. Take that out and it becomes a stationary gun mount.

I never had any experience of Bradleys as after my time, but I had extensive experience of the M113. Unfortunately their weak point is apparently that they catch fire if hit by an RPG.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M113_armored_personnel_carrier

PLO ambushes with RPGs caused extensive casualties because of the tendency of the M113's aluminum armor to catch on fire after being hit by anti-tank weapons.

Reddit is free, you don't have to sign up to use it, and it's a whole lot less toxic than twitter

Expand your horizons

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

Reddit is free, you don't have to sign up to use it, and it's a whole lot less toxic than twitter

Expand your horizons

I agree but I use https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineRussiaReport/  which is hated and trolled by many r/Ukraine users for showing 'both sides'. They were brigading attacks that nearly got it shut down a few months back after the Islamic terrorist attacks in Moscow but vigorous modding and a temporary shutdown meant it was able to get back up. Trolls or uncivil action is ruthlessly policed. I have a lot of karma....

Screenshot 2024-09-09 170159.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1