Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's all over the internet. According to some sources it's 10 villages captured from the Ukrainians.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/9/11/russia-claims-kursk-counteroffensive-pushing-back-ukraine-forces

Russia claims Kursk counteroffensive pushing back Ukraine forces

Moscow’s troops have retaken some 10 settlements, claims major general; no comment from Ukraine.

maybe you don't support Russia ....   I don't know ..   

It's not a level playing field which ever way you look at it ...

I hope the blow Moscow of the planet.

anyway ...  you are wrong,  I do listen to others opinions and decipherer .. 

I am apologise ....   we just go on as we have todo.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ukraine Has Run Out Of Modern Vehicles For The New Brigades It’s Forming - The new 154th Mechanized Brigade mostly has vehicles from the 1960s. David Axe FWIW I think David Axe writes a lot of tosh by the yard so he may well be wrong on this take as well. Him and Colonel Hamish who are having a good war.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2024/09/10/ukraine-has-run-out-of-modern-vehicles-for-the-new-brigades-its-forming/

The Russian army was rightly mocked for dragging ancient T-62s out of long-term storage to replace some of the thousands of tanks it has lost in Ukraine; it’s no less embarrassing for the Ukrainian army to ride back into battle in the geriatric T-62s.

It doesn’t help that foreign donations of armored vehicles have slowed considerably since peaking in the lead-up to Ukraine’s summer 2023 counteroffensive. That slowdown is a major reason that new brigades are forming without a lot of modern vehicles, according to Gen. Oleksandr Syrskyi, Ukraine’s top officer.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

More Ukrainians Want to Negotiate an End to the War. Soldiers Don’t Agree.
The debate highlights a tension in Ukrainian society between those who are in combat and those who aren’t - WSJ

https://archive.is/avmk7#selection-2217.0-2221.105

Fifteen percent of soldiers and veterans said they would join an armed protest if Kyiv signed a peace treaty that they didn’t agree with.

Though polls show that the general public also remains skeptical of deals with Putin, many—especially younger people—are ready to accept an imperfect peace to stop the war.
Alla Pronina, a 33-year-old schoolteacher in the southeastern city of Zaporizhzhia, said she began to reconsider the possibility of negotiations after last year’s counteroffensive. Now, with her husband away fighting, she is willing to give up all the territory Russia currently occupies in exchange for peace.
“Where can we go with this war?” she said. 
Yes Alla a very good question indeed.

And therein lies the post war problem - post cessation of hostilities however that happens there will be battled hardened death or glory uber-nationalists who will refuse to give up and if necessary will fight the the central government - a return of strong man war lordism. Something that no EU or NATO country has or indeed wants.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

From your link. 

majority of Ukrainians still say they want to keep fighting to retake all Russian-occupied land

Wall Street Journal is now quoting Andriy "my lifes mission is to lead the white race against the jews" Biletskiy like its nothing. Bodes well for the future of Ukraine.

Literally the first sentence on his Wikipedia political views section not even some deep kept secret.How much Zelensky is really in charge is an open question too. Based on this article, and taken at face value - I am more convinced than ever that he's a dead man if he even casually mentions negotiations. He would be strung up and the military would take over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andriy_Biletsky#Political_views

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

What's that got to do with

I did no misqouting which I think you seem to infer I just  echoed the headline more not most and then did a bit of digging about this controversial fellow that the WSJ decided to focus on.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, Biletskiy said it wasn’t his place to weigh in on what an appropriate peace settlement would be, which he called a political question. But he said he decided to speak publicly—something he has rarely done since the start of the invasion in February 2022—in response to the shifting national mood, which he said was hurting the motivation of troops at the front.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andriy_Biletsky#Political_views

During his speech at a 2009 general meeting of the party he said: "How then can we describe our enemy? The general regime in power are oligarchs. Is there anything they have in common? Yes, one thing in common – they are Jews, or their true bosses – Jews – are behind them. Out of one hundred published richest people in Ukraine 92 are Jews, and some others of Tatar origin"

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

When was the last time people on this topic were claiming Putin was dying or would be deposed in a coup? Who has ever said Russia was running out of money for its military complex and purchases? Who has claimed its running out of men? 

Talk about the truth, its time for you to reflect on that yourself. Your posts are nothing but Russian talking points and propaganda

In my opinion, beautifulthailand99 posts what he believes is the truth, which I agree. He does his research, reads articles from both approved credible and “forbidden” sources and comes to his own conclusions, unlike many who takes everything reported by western msm as “facts”.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1