Cannabis crackdown: Only marijuana buds return to the blacklist

webfact

20 minutes ago, Cat Boy said:

Yes, the beginning of the backpedaling. In the end, nothing will be banned or returned to the blacklist, and in a few days time open, incredulous denials will commence that it was ever even considered. TIT

Odds of anything that creates economic activity and does not create risk for status quo of society being stopped indeed are low, especially so if it creates revenue streams for RTP or people in administration. Might be banned in law but not enforced at all (just collect envelopes) 

But but then if the activity in question is a concern for the system, it is a different ballgame. Just look at future forward and likely to happen to its successor as well. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Which in reality doesn’t affect anything about the plant unless they’re going to send out inspections on millions of people’s plants and farms. 🤣. This is just more talk according to my shops no changes. Even if there were you’d be able to get a medical certificate at the shop like before in 2019 and 18 if I remember right when it was still a narcotic then. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Which in reality doesn’t affect anything about the plant unless they’re going to send out inspections on millions of people’s plants and farms. 🤣. This is just more talk according to my shops no changes. Even if there were you’d be able to get a medical certificate at the shop like before in 2019 and 18 if I remember right when it was still a narcotic then. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

This announcement provides relief to many in the cannabis industry who feared a broader crackdown.

Definitely a relief. Everyone can still possess all the useless parts of the plant that are usually discarded. 

In essence, by making buds illegal, they don't have to say anything about the rest of the plant because there will be no good reason for most people to grow it anyway. 

Since they are so concerned about public health and safety, they should do the same with alcohol. Let's have all alcohol beverages made illegal, but alcohol free beer can remain legal. That would be the safe, fair, and responsible thing to do. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JimboB4 said:

You can even smoke at outdoor restaurants in Bangkok. I saw others doing it a little bit and so did I. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChumpChange said:

It's also the hub of government reshuffles and seems like another one is now due. 

More like talk and they’ll end up back where everything is now 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

Basically it’s not going to change at all and this is just another article trying to hold onto the same narrative is probably all it usually is. 

Edited by JimboB4

34 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

Pot isn't drugs. Drugs are manufactured and processed. Cannabis is a  plant, hence, not a drug. 

This is just more authors in the media or maybe just this site who think they can write it away who don’t like it. Yes the PM is talking about it but he doesn’t have the power to do it alone. It’s still up to other branches of the government. 

• Agree 1

Just now, JimboB4 said:

This is just more authors in the media or maybe just this site who think they can write it away who don’t like it. Yes the PM is talking about it but he doesn’t have the power to do it alone. It’s still up to other branches of the government. 

Including the man himself who helped get it legalized in the first place who’s still on the board who decides. 

16 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Definitely a relief. Everyone can still possess all the useless parts of the plant that are usually discarded. 

In essence, by making buds illegal, they don't have to say anything about the rest of the plant because there will be no good reason for most people to grow it anyway.

On the contrry, as THC does not go back on the narcotics list, you might not sell the buds (in a shop), but growing the plant -- and just not sell the buds? -- is exactly the loophole that was ot be expected.

Brown envelopes all aorund, and then business as usual.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

"For the first time on record, cannabis has outpaced alcohol as the daily drug of choice for Americans.

In 2022 there were 17.7 million people who reported using cannabis either every day or nearly every day, compared with 14.7 million who reported using alcohol with the same frequency"

"Cannabis Tops Alcohol as Americans’ Daily Drug of Choice," May 23, 2024 https://www.nytimes.com

An excellent outcome for society. Discounting the lack of ambition, that comes with smoking too often. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Me too - I hope tobacco and then alcohol get the axe as well, in that order. 

What a fun person you would be! Obviously not a veteran of the early days of travelling Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Me too - I hope tobacco and then alcohol get the axe as well, in that order. 

I second that, though it will never happen. Too many addicts, and too much govt. support. 

It is such a filthy habit. I never understood it. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Caldera said:

How do you plant only those parts that will remain legal?

Are they as retarded as this sounds?

Yes. And regressive, non-visionary, self entitled, and true bottom of the barrel types. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well at least they will no longer be able to test for cannabis, as the test won't tell the difference between consumption of leaves and consumption of buds.

So unless you actually get caught holding buds, no problems.

Yes it would. Only the buds have THC which is what is tested for. The rest of the plant is utterly useless even for medical purposes. Medical marijuana in Australia is largely about bud and potent ones too. No one is going to buy any medical product that is devoid of THC. No one in the business or who uses would have been relieved by this decision as claimed in the poorly conceived article. It 's a disaster for all concerned. I coming in July for a month and this will no doubt be my last opportunity to buy buds. Pretty sure this will be my last visit as the illegal stuff is much easier to get hold of in neighbouring countries. 

Edited by Spock
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's good the left the useless and carcinogenic leaves for the masses and the "buds" left for the government mafia to profit from.

Typical Thai leadership or lack of.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JimboB4 said:

Did shops sell medical-grade flowers then, or just the liquids? The liquids and edibles are useless to me. Hopefully, nothing changes except I need to buy a license.