Swedish man arrested for 972 days overstay in Thailand

webfact

20 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

A crazy Swede! Good that he will be prosecuted and deported. Not to be seen for a minimum of 10 years. 

Why what did he do to you

14 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

A crazy Swede! Good that he will be prosecuted and deported. Not to be seen for a minimum of 10 years. 

Oh, those crazy Swedes with Italian names once again on the news in Thailand? The Swedish Police would be interested.

18 hours ago, Baz Erckens said:

Does anyone track the current high scores? What's the longest overstay ever?

The longest that I remember seeing a report about was 13 years.

4 hours ago, kwaussie said:

What's up with the Swedes lately, i thought they were better than this!

They joined Nato and now have been corrupted by the filthy jackbooted thugs of Yankee imperialism

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Surprise, surprise!

How many more thousands of foreigners are overstaying in Thailand for many years? I call them chronic overstayers. Most of them are wanted by the police in their home country, they live in Thailand with expired passports using Pink ID card or Driver License as an ID inside Thailand.

Hey “Sherlock”,
a DL, or pink card might be sufficient at a Central shopping mall entrance, or a parking lot,
and it's expiring after a couple of years.
Besides, you need an acknowledged resident status to get it.

Edited by Maitdjai

23 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

A fellow countryman............😱

22 hours ago, Baz Erckens said:

Does anyone track the current high scores? What's the longest overstay ever?

I knew a German in Chiang Mai who overstayed 13 years. This was well before the Thai gov't established the ban system for excessive overstays, so when he finally had to leave Thailand to attend to affairs in Germany, he simply paid the fine at the airport, and came back a month or two later. I lost track of him after that, so don't know if he continued with another overstay. 

On 5/24/2024 at 8:17 AM, AnotherOneHere said:

These guys are idiots anyway. I have been here 12 years (legally) and not once I had to prove to anybody my visa. I might live here for 50 years and nobody would catch me.  But these guys insist on doing stupid stuff like breaking into other peoples houses, threaten to kill somebody, getting into a fights and then they are surprised that they were caught. I wont even comment on his stupid tattoos. Solid life choices.

One of the reasons I finally had enough of living in Thailand was waking up to a line of police vehicles on my drive and on the street (6++ vehicles). Visa check! I had been doing 90 day and annual visa trips for 8 years. Same house (my house) same immigration office. So you are very lucky not to be harrased yet. Oh and the obligatory photo with all the police and me next to my house.

• Love It 1