Thai Delivery Woman Reports Losing Gold Worth 2 Million Baht on Bangkok Street - video

snoop1130

22 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Carrying 2M baht of gold on a motorbike taxi. Genius.

You may be surprised but this is  common practise in Bangkok, and even higher amounts than  this.. I even witnessed exchange 6 million Baht, in an unofficial Chinese exchange  shop in Pradiohat road. The USD where delivered by motortaxi at Kasikorn

Where the teller checked it. Than money was handover to the recipient

Surprised that none of the Sherlock Holmes on this forum mentions that the police found the CCTV footage of her dropping the bag, but they did not see the bit where somebody picks it up!

Same spot, same CCTV, but this crucial piece of information, which can solve the crime very easily, is somehow missing???

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

I think you could be onto something there ....    I wouldn't put it past a Thai to do that.

maybe it was her and she planned the whole thing.

If there is no street CCTV footage it might also indicate she intentionally chose that particular place as the drop point so that her accomplice could pick it up without being identified by video later. Again, this assumes she was part of a criminal conspiracy. I'm still assuming though that she is innocent and was just very unfortunate, unless there is some evidence that comes out later to prove anything criminal occurred. 

5 hours ago, sambum said:

She had a bad day, and some bad luck, and that's it. bad planning.

Let the one without sin throw the first stone, and so on..

I'm sure you never made any mistakes in your life..?

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

If there is no street CCTV footage it might also indicate she intentionally chose that particular place as the drop point so that her accomplice could pick it up without being identified by video later. Again, this assumes she was part of a criminal conspiracy. I'm still assuming though that she is innocent and was just very unfortunate, unless there is some evidence that comes out later to prove anything criminal occurred. 

Do you really think she would have access to that information?! Do you have any idea where all the CCTV cameras are where you travel, or even in your hometown where you spent most of your life, let alone where they face exactly and what they cover?! Give me a break! 🙄 🙄 🙄 

Edited by sabai-dee-man

2 hours ago, Excogitator said:

Let the one without sin throw the first stone, and so on..

I'm sure you never made any mistakes in your life..?

I've made mistakes, like leaving an ATM card in a machine etc, but I've never had 2 million's worth of baht of gold to carry about, and if I had, I don't think I'd have carried it about in a bag on the back of a motor bike taxi! 

But it sounds like she's never had any problems before, so she could have been doing it on a regular basis, and got a bit  lax?

So she knows where the cameras are and where the farthest distances from them are for poor ID purposes. Makes sure it falls out at the right spot and her accomplice is sitting there wafting, with their mask on, and casually picks it up and walks away.  Just a thought....

On 5/24/2024 at 1:48 AM, steven100 said:

let me get this straight  ....  

so whoever picked the bag up with 2mil baht gold inside can return it and get 100,000 baht as reward.  :cheesy:

somehow I doubt that's gonna happen as long as the lucky guy knows his maths .....  

"lucky guy"
I think you meant "vile thief"

4 hours ago, sambum said:

I've made mistakes, like leaving an ATM card in a machine etc, but I've never had 2 million's worth of baht of gold to carry about, and if I had, I don't think I'd have carried it about in a bag on the back of a motor bike taxi! 

But it sounds like she's never had any problems before, so she could have been doing it on a regular basis, and got a bit  lax?

Yeah, I think that is easily possible to get lax when you work with large amounts of gold every day for decades.
A friend of mine's grandfather was murdered while transporting a large amount of gold from his gold shop. If I was transporting the amount of gold that he was, I sure wouldn't have been doing it alone and my situational awareness would have been on extremely sensitive mode. But for him, it was just another day, unfortunately, his last one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sig said:

Yeah, I think that is easily possible to get lax when you work with large amounts of gold every day for decades.
A friend of mine's grandfather was murdered while transporting a large amount of gold from his gold shop. If I was transporting the amount of gold that he was, I sure wouldn't have been doing it alone and my situational awareness would have been on extremely sensitive mode. But for him, it was just another day, unfortunately, his last one.

Sorry about your grandfather - hence the "Like"

• Like 1

On 5/25/2024 at 3:17 PM, ChumpChange said:

There have been many stories over the years of a foreigner accidentally leaving a large sum of cash in a taxi and the taxi driver having returned it. 

There are always two sides to a story, e.g. How many things have foreigners left behind in taxi's, never to see them again ?

Just saying :WPFflags:

17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

There are always two sides to a story, e.g. How many things have foreigners left behind in taxi's, never to see them again ?

Just saying :WPFflags:

Half full, half empty. There is always one in the crowd who obviously feels that they won't feel complete unless they state the obviousness of the situation. That's obvious. 

13 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

Half full, half empty. There is always one in the crowd who obviously feels that they won't feel complete unless they state the obviousness of the situation. That's obvious. 

Well Sufferin Succotash Sylvester GIF - Sufferin Succotash ... you "obviously" couldn't resist, confirming the "obvious", could you.

On 5/25/2024 at 6:02 AM, kwaussie said:

If i owned the gold shop i would have taken it myself and wouldn't let it out of my sight.

Who would look after the gold left in the shop then?

It's a total write-off for sure. The offering of a reward of 100,000 Baht is a step in the right direction but if the stuff got stolen and is not lost ........ look forward and invest in less insecure shuttling of valuables. A tote bag ...... the mind boggles! 

On 5/25/2024 at 10:11 AM, drgoon said:

555 what an amazing story

All part of the rich fabric of "Amazing Thailand" or should that be "utterly mind boggling Thailand".

I know I shouldn't, but i can't stop laughing about it.

25 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

It's a total write-off for sure. The offering of a reward of 100,000 Baht is a step in the right direction but if the stuff got stolen and is not lost ........ look forward and invest in less insecure shuttling of valuables. A tote bag ...... the mind boggles! 

Anyone know what the normal way of transporting millions of baht worth of gold is in LOS? I don't recall seeing any Armour Guard trucks there.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyone know what the normal way of transporting millions of baht worth of gold is in LOS? I don't recall seeing any Armour Guard trucks there.

Well, there are - we've used "Guardforce" in the past. Pretty unmarked vehicles on a pick-up chassis can be seen downtown Bangkok; certainly some other companies shuttling all that cash into/from all those banks ...... 

• Thanks 1

for all you knuckleheads above reading this ......   if I remember correctly a taxi driver was arrested a week ago after picking the bag up.

So you all have egg on your face ....  but I see the posters and I'm not the slightest surprised.  :whistling:

• Confused 1