First Group of Ukrainian Pilots Completes F-16 Training in the U.S.

8 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Ukraine is losing fast

Eventually they will even have to admit the truth about the Azov battalion 

for some that may even be a more bitter pill to swallow.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Eventually they will even have to admit the truth about the Azov battalion 

for some that may even be a more bitter pill to swallow.

Your type would be supporting Hitler, sad people......🥴

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Sigh…

What I would give for some originality, some content, no matter how farcical…

I guess I better not hold my breath…

Your type would be supporting Hitler, sad people.......🥴

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/8/2024 at 6:02 AM, transam said:

Your type would be supporting Hitler, sad people.........🥴

The other day you had dems calling for Trump to be waterborded and shot by firing squad. Others saying communism was the bees knees.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

No, these Ukrainian pilots have had years of experience flying Soviet era planes, but since last October have been trained to upgrade to the F16. You might not be impressed, but apparently the Russian military is. 

Some proof of the Russian opinion would be helpful. Unless any is forthcoming I'll put it down to propaganda.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

And this is only the first group of pilots to be trained, as are the first group of ground crew. There are more in the pipeline being trained. It is not that easy to be cross trained and it takes a little longer that a couple of weekends to do. After that, more experience is gained on a daily and weekly basis.

Are they going to able to get the hundreds of hours flight experience needed before being sent into combat?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

No, these Ukrainian pilots have had years of experience flying Soviet era planes, but since last October have been trained to upgrade to the F16. You might not be impressed, but apparently the Russian military is. 

I suspect a bit of difference between a Soviet era plane and an F16. Remind me of when the Soviet Union ended.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some proof of the Russian opinion would be helpful. Unless any is forthcoming I'll put it down to propaganda.

I suspect that any opinions coming from Russia will probably be heavily laced with propaganda, and not really reliable.

Of course you could have done an internet search as I have just done and come up with the same or similar results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Air_Force

Aircraft
As of December 2023, the amount of aircraft that are still in service, especially fighter aircraft, is uncertain. Ukraine had 43 MiG-29s, 12 Su-24s, 17 Su-25s, and 26 Su-27s in active service in 2021 according to data from Flight Global.[2]

In February 2022, Ukraine had around 50 MiG-29S, MiG-29MU1, and MiG-29MU2 in service and a couple dozen of Su-27s in service including Su-27S, Su-27P, Su-27UB, Su-27PU, Su-27S1M, Su-27P1M, Su-27UBM1, and Su-27PU1M variants according to Forbes. Since then, Poland and Slovakia donated 27 MiG-29G and MiG-29AS in 2023, while Ukraine has been able to restore some grounded Su-27s back to service.[67]

All Russian built aircraft.

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Ukrainian_Air_Force

There is more information in the link but you will need to scroll a fair way down to find it. Neither link includes the latest equipment information such as the number of F 16s or any other aircraft donated recently.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Do you forget Russia lost 27m in WW2 fighting Hitler and many Ukrainian nazi battalions? Azov is a nazi battalion that is clear, so how do you twist that into we would support Hitler?

Russia and Hitler signed a non-aggression pact in 1939........Did you forget....😂

You support anyone that is anti-West, whether then or now...................:ermm:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2024 at 12:52 PM, retarius said:

Let's hope they are as well trained as the infantry units being sent to the front. 

Because you want your Russian countrymen to "win" the invasion of Ukraine?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Azov is a nazi battalion that is clear, so how do you twist that into we would support Hitler?

There is no evidence that Azov is a Nazi battalion, although some nutter members may have been Nazi.

Conversely, Wagner leadership had some Nazis.

main-qimg-c486274fbe68d5caf2a33e9dd3b4ed0e.png

• Like 2

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I suspect a bit of difference between a Soviet era plane and an F16. Remind me of when the Soviet Union ended.

There is a lot of difference between a Soviet era aircraft and a modern F-16.

I don't think that F-16s will augment the Ukrainian offensive capability much, but will be useful defensively.

On 6/8/2024 at 2:15 PM, BobBKK said:

Ukraine is losing fast, and you know it - the quicker, the better, so this tragedy is over, and we can get rid of the unelected Zelensky and bring peace.

When do you expect Ukraine to lose?

On 6/10/2024 at 5:28 PM, billd766 said:

I suspect that any opinions coming from Russia will probably be heavily laced with propaganda, and not really reliable.

Of course you could have done an internet search as I have just done and come up with the same or similar results.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_Air_Force

Aircraft
As of December 2023, the amount of aircraft that are still in service, especially fighter aircraft, is uncertain. Ukraine had 43 MiG-29s, 12 Su-24s, 17 Su-25s, and 26 Su-27s in active service in 2021 according to data from Flight Global.[2]

In February 2022, Ukraine had around 50 MiG-29S, MiG-29MU1, and MiG-29MU2 in service and a couple dozen of Su-27s in service including Su-27S, Su-27P, Su-27UB, Su-27PU, Su-27S1M, Su-27P1M, Su-27UBM1, and Su-27PU1M variants according to Forbes. Since then, Poland and Slovakia donated 27 MiG-29G and MiG-29AS in 2023, while Ukraine has been able to restore some grounded Su-27s back to service.[67]

All Russian built aircraft.

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Ukrainian_Air_Force

There is more information in the link but you will need to scroll a fair way down to find it. Neither link includes the latest equipment information such as the number of F 16s or any other aircraft donated recently.

It's not up to me to prove someone's post is correct. As stated in forum rules that is on the one posting so called facts, but you know that, don't you?

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It depends on escalation - if it escalates much more, we ALL lose. Why would it escalate? Because, clearly, Ukraine is losing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

In my opinion

Up to America and Europe- when the last Ukrainian soldier dies

Up to Ukrainians, can't be soon enough.

Up to Russia, carry on.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Russians and Ukrainians are almost the same—it is very difficult to tell the difference if you have ever been there (yes, I have). Ukrainians want peace and elected Zelensky on his promise of peace in Donbas - USA wants this war for the "trillions" of minerals Lindsay has spoken about this week. 100,000s saved if Ukraine had remained neutral - you think Russia will give up?  impossible!  The Nazis tried it, the French tried it - they will never give up only a compromise can stop this.

I thought the Russians gave up and retreated in Afghanistan, or was it to go have tea & sandwiches.......🧐

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Wow, you seem very disconnected from reality today.

You really think that Ukrainians want to surrender? Is that what your Russian friends tell you?

I think normal Ukrainians would rather live than die on the front line or in bombed buildings, so yes, I think they do. They don't get to tell the government what they want though, and Zelensky apparently wants to fight on to the last man. I wonder which country he'll go hide in when it's all over?

I don't know any Russians so stop lying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2