Not accepting foreign credit cards

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

When prospective buyers know of such information, I wonder how many would avoid Honda based on this thread. 

I also wonder, how the management would handle such a response...    Do they expect you to pay in cash ?

Or request a bank-transfer ?

That said - If they wont accept a debit card payment, is it not the same to simply may a prompt pay transfer ?

In the vast majority of cases - the only reason we (Wife and I) use our (Thai) CreditCard as much as possible is becase we build points which we can then use for flights (albeit with a bit of hassle and long term planning with TG).

Some years ago I used my (Hong Kong) Dah Sing bank Platinum credit card to BUY a new Isuzu MU7 at an Isuzu dealer's display at the local Future Park shopping mall.

It took them a little while to sort it out

( ~THB 1 mill), but they finally did the deal.

Good bonus for the salesman,  AND many,many  Asia Miles bonus for me (I flew Cathay a lot back then).

At that time I had no easy alternative way to pay, so it was either the foreign Dah Sing CC or no sale!

On 5/25/2024 at 2:06 PM, J Branche said:

You live in Thailand.  Thai culture and customs.  They don't accept foreign credit card, No problem, pay with Cash, Bank App.

No a big deal for Thai People, 

This is what living in Harmony and Thailand is about

Accepting foreign credit cards has nothing to do with Thai culture.

Living in Thailand doesn’t mean treating Thai people like they are happy, stupid children. They might talk to you in baby talk but they are capable of having adult reasons for things, and that is what is thread is about. 

21 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I think you have been reading to many Tax threads on this forum 

I just gave a plausible option, if it is like that, I dont know.

Fact is, foreign CC was rejected.

I bought a car battery at the dealer in "my country". I was not even allowed to pay with cash, new made rule of company. Surprise!

So weird things happen all the time. and I m very aware of it.

Fact in "my country" , lots of people changed to solar power (thanks to Putin & climate change) but now you have to pay for returning solar power to the grid ! ROI more then doubled in years. Depending on company, you pay per kWh or a vast amount of money.

Yup weird things happen.

And with this, if you have 200 thousand people (citizens) in Thailand paying with foreign CC, say 500000 baht/year, 

as Thailand you will miss  tax on 100 billion baht. Thai government would let this slip away?

Just picked some middel random numbers.

If I lived in Thailand, this way (foreign CC) could be then a solution on not paying tax!?

I probably then would do so, BUT I dont think Thai government is that stupid to let that go. 

Same as with gifts to wife.

Why you think Thailand wants every Thai to have digital wallet? Data, in/out, tax !

So we have to wait ( a year?) on stories of people who were taxed on using the CC and bring in money abroad by CC.

I surely wouldnt be surprised, if you get surprised by this action of Thailand.

Thailand surprised already, changing visa (allegedly due to EU delegation). First step, next step, increase price on visa, inflation correction.

So maybe a raise from 1900 to 2500 baht, wait for it, it will come.

Elite visa now only for real rich people, gangsters.

Shrettha wants to extend (Phang Nga)and renew airports, tallest building of the world in a sinking city, move government out of BK, stupid landbridge, high speed railways, subs with or without engine, renewing jet fighters with F35's, bridge to Koh Samui and a port for cruise ships to visit Koh Samui. Missed something, probably?

So he needs ... money ! A load of it, every satang counts.

He is creating problems, not solving and you pay for stupid things.

• Haha 1