UK didn’t blitz the IRA Karim Khan ICC Chief Prosecutor Interview

11 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Hamas around 764 civilians killed in one day, the IDF has killed 35,562 Palestinian including 7,797 children, 4,959 women and 1,924 elderly in 6 months. Can you see a difference here?

Yes I can see that you deflected to the IDF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I can see that you deflected to the IDF

Yes I can see you're blind to the obvious 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Yes I can see you're blind to the obvious 

Which is? You responded to me claiming the IRA never put out warnings, I responded back with a link to prove you wrong. What am I blind to?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Which is? You responded to me claiming the IRA never put out warnings, I responded back with a link to prove you wrong. What am I blind to?

The 21 killed in the Birmingham pub bombings and the 180 maimed and injured, their friends and family would dispute that.

But that wasn't what I was responding to, rather your failing to see any similarities in the disproportionate nature of the figures for those murdered Hamas v IRA - Hamas v IDF. You were happy to highlight the former but quick to sidestep the latter. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Stocky said:

The 21 killed in the Birmingham pub bombings and the 180 maimed and injured, their friends and family would dispute that.

But that wasn't what I was responding to, rather your failing to see any similarities in the disproportionate nature of the figures for those murdered Hamas v IRA - Hamas v IDF. You were happy to highlight the former but quick to sidestep the latter. 

Yes they would and quite rightly so but I did not claim all bombings had warnings did I. 

Regards Hamas and comparisons to the IRA, I rely on facts.

The IDF are not terrorists they are in a war against terrorists who use human shields and sacrifice their citizens deliberately. Go ahead and make your comparisons nobody is stopping you.

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The IDF are not terrorists they are in a war against terrorists who use human shields and sacrifice their citizens deliberately. Go ahead and make your comparisons nobody is stopping you.

I suspect the terrified children of Palestine would beg to differ.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I suspect the terrified children of Palestine would beg to differ.

I suspect the children of Gaza would like Hamas to release the hostages, give themselves up and end the war. I suspect they would also prefer not to be used as human shields as I pointed out in my post.

Edited by Bkk Brian

On 5/29/2024 at 7:00 AM, Bkk Brian said:

I was in the UK when bombs were going off, I was 100 meters away from the Harrods bomb. I can tell you the IRA had nothing on Hamas. The IRA nearly always gave warning before detonating bombs to give the opportunity for civilians to evacuate first. Does Hamas do that?

100 meters away, lol, seen bigger fireworks go off, was there in 71/72 and 73, nail bombed twice, had to pick up limbs and pieces of flesh and bone at Belfast bus station after "Bloody Friday", witnessed a comrade top himself with an SLR and numerous other incidents, you never forget.

Probably why I'm such a peacenik now

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

100 meters away, lol, seen bigger fireworks go off, was there in 71/72 and 73, nail bombed twice, had to pick up limbs and pieces of flesh and bone at Belfast bus station after "Bloody Friday", witnessed a comrade top himself with an SLR and numerous other incidents, you never forget.

Probably why I'm such a peacenik now

Go and troll elsewhere, it was a terrible incident and nothing like your fireworks anology.

Six people were killed (three officers and three bystanders) and 90 others were injured, including 14 police officers. The blast damaged 24 cars and all five floors on the side of Harrods.

The United States of Israel/America?

The House voted Tuesday to pass a bill to sanction International Criminal Court officials – House Republicans’ response to the court seeking an arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The ICC’s targeting of Netanyahu has sparked widespread backlash from Republicans and Democrats in Congress. President Joe Biden has also forcefully denounced the ICC move, saying “there is no equivalence” between Israel and Hamas, but the administration has said it does not support the GOP-led effort to sanction the court.

It is unlikely that the Senate will take up the sanctions bill. The House passed the bill in a 247 to 155 vote, with 42 Democrats joining Republicans in support. Two GOP members voted present.

ICC prosecutor Karim Khan told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview last month that the court is seeking arrest warrants for the Hamas leader in Gaza, Yahya Sinwar, and Netanyahu on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity over the October 7 attacks on Israel and the subsequent war in Gaza.

According to the legislative text, the bill would impose sanctions on individuals “engaged in any effort to investigate, arrest, detain or prosecute any protected person of the United States and its allies.” The sanctions include prohibiting US property transactions and blocking and revoking visas.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/04/politics/house-vote-icc-sanctions/index.html?Date=20240604&Profile=CNN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The United States of Israel/America?

The House voted Tuesday to pass a bill to sanction International Criminal Court officials – House Republicans’ response to the court seeking an arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The ICC’s targeting of Netanyahu has sparked widespread backlash from Republicans and Democrats in Congress. President Joe Biden has also forcefully denounced the ICC move, saying “there is no equivalence” between Israel and Hamas, but the administration has said it does not support the GOP-led effort to sanction the court.

It is unlikely that the Senate will take up the sanctions bill. The House passed the bill in a 247 to 155 vote, with 42 Democrats joining Republicans in support. Two GOP members voted present.

ICC prosecutor Karim Khan told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour in an exclusive interview last month that the court is seeking arrest warrants for the Hamas leader in Gaza, Yahya Sinwar, and Netanyahu on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity over the October 7 attacks on Israel and the subsequent war in Gaza.

According to the legislative text, the bill would impose sanctions on individuals “engaged in any effort to investigate, arrest, detain or prosecute any protected person of the United States and its allies.” The sanctions include prohibiting US property transactions and blocking and revoking visas.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/06/04/politics/house-vote-icc-sanctions/index.html?Date=20240604&Profile=CNN

Great support shown but purely symbolic. It’s not going anywhere