British Expat Arrested For Punching and Killing Russian Man

webfact

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

How did the Russian know it was his wife?

she was "invited" to a pool party....at 2am.

apparently after her day at "work".

Yes, the Russian totally deserved to die after making advances towards a common Pattaya prostitute.

So many details not provided. What type of host for the pool party.types of visitors. 
were they all acquainted with each other or pay per visit. Is it one of those pool party where strangers hook up? Does the Russian and Brit knew each other ? What is the underlying social event? Charity ? Or other nefarious activity ?
without those details, it is difficult to pin point the fault and the severity of the act.

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

He is (was) General Manager at the Burj Pattaya. 

Anyone looking for a GM job, not many brain cells required. 

IMG_20240528_101059.thumb.jpg.976948888305be5556b9a9bdbd69bbf0.jpg

So, this place only opened a couple of months ago. Looks like this story and association will sink it. Owners must be really pleased. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

On 'the other side' it was the man's daughter which the Russian insulted. Hmmmmm.

Go on Mr Confused, read the story on TT, and then get back to me.

• Confused 3

Drunk he made sexual advances drunk young man no brains going to pay for it no excuses he deserves time maybe he will have learnt something before he gets out.

4 hours ago, ravip said:

Yasilyev was punched in the face by the suspect, he fell and hit his head on the ground which caused him serious injuries. Despite efforts to rescue him, Yasilyev later passed away at a nearby hospital.

To be fair by the Brit, this looks like an accident. 

Obviously he had no intention of killing the Russian. He neither wielded a weapon.

A punch the Russian deserved, but not death.

Not an accident is it. He punched the bloke. If you punch someone then this can and often happens. If he hadn't punched him he would not have died. By your thought process stabbing someone in the leg that dies is an accident. Because you stabbed him in the leg, you didn't mean to kill him, I mean you didn't stab him in the chest did you 🤣

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Only a man with no respect for himself or anyone else is fool enough to do that. Dosnt care if they have kids, the life they have built together and the implications of his actions. That's the trouble here...too many have the mindset they can do what they want with women regardless of their marital status

Did he know she was married?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

One punch deaths are more common than you think. Striking heads on pavements or roads can easily kill you as happens to helmetless motorcycle riders every day here. 

in the UK he would probably be charged with manslaughter and sentenced to less than the mandatory life sentence for murder.

In the US, a lot depends on whether one is charged with voluntary on involuntary manslaughter.  In this case, "voluntary is basically "in the heat of passion, under circumstances that would cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed to the point that they cannot reasonably control their emotions."

"Involuntary manslaughter" is when death is caused by reckless or negligent behavior with no intention to cause seriously injury or to kill.

Both often lead to sentences of time served and probation unless a repeat offense.

3 hours ago, stoner said:

my take is that only a fool resorts to violence. you could of easily taken your wife and walked away losing nothing. next someone is going to go on and on about his wife's honor and how he needed to defend it. boring. you are honoring no one by hitting another man. you now live with the act of actually killing another person because someone said something stupid to your wife. 

bravo tough guy bravo. 

Spot on.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

The police in the UK has had a 'One Punch Can Kill' campaign running since 2009. Here is just one of their many campaign posts. One Punch

It's a pity for the victim, the perpetrator and his wife that Williams wasn't cognizant with this fact. Now 3 lives (at least) have been ruined. I have sympathy only for two of them.

Russians can be difficult but there are others who are very civil. I remember walking down the sidewalk here in Pattaya and a HUGE Russian got in front of me and knocked me to one side. He turned around and immediately apologized.  He was just too big for the sidewalk.  🙂

Like the SAS guy who punched a gas station attendant and the blokes who attacked a Thai cop:  Anger Management kids.  Maybe Anger Management classes should be a requirement for testosterone filled guys under 50 years old in order to get a visa to come to Thailand.  🤔

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Russians can be difficult but there are others who are very civil.

The same can be said for Americans as we often tend to come off as rough and gruff and overly assertive to foreigners. 

1 minute ago, connda said:

Like the SAS guy who punched a gas station attendant and the blokes who attacked a Thai cop:  Anger Management kids.  Maybe Anger Management classes should be a requirement for testosterone filled guys under 50 years old in order to get a visa to come to Thailand.  🤔

What SAS guy are you talking about, you mean the so called mercenary?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

The same can be said for Americans as we often tend to come off as rough and gruff and overly assertive to foreigners. 

yes, and you don't respect Thais' personal distance and speak too loud.

47 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

What is the underlying social event? Charity ? Or other nefarious activity ?

I'm sure that was the gathering to admire and discuss poetry of the 16'th century

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lexxy said:

Why dont these <deleted> just go to agogo like normal people. Who is at a pool party at 3am

Drunks.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

So many details not provided. What type of host for the pool party.types of visitors. 
were they all acquainted with each other or pay per visit. Is it one of those pool party where strangers hook up? Does the Russian and Brit knew each other ? What is the underlying social event? Charity ? Or other nefarious activity ?
without those details, it is difficult to pin point the fault and the severity of the act.

Valid point... 

In the past I was close to clobbering a guy...  fortunately, he'd run off by the time I'd returned....

We were in a regular night-club, with a group of friends, this friend of a friend (Thai) made a 'sexual advance' to my Wife (asked her to come home with him) while I'd gone to the bathroom...  my Wife was furious... he ran off and left the club...  he was gone by the time I'd returned from the bathroom.

Thus, she did handle it - had she not, I'm not sure what I'd have done but it may have involved clobbering him.

Not because my Wife is my possession - but because of the manner in which he knew we were married and still behaved in this way...   

He called up my friends up the next day and asked to pass on an apology. I never saw the guy ever again - I think my Thai friends cut him off after that behavior.

In short, I don't take my Wife to places where this behavior could be expected - however, some guys can act like total dyak heads...    A pool party in Pattaya seems like an area where one would have to be thicker skinned to this sort of behaviour... 

Perhaps the Russian had a hiding coming, if he did sexually assault the Brits Wife... but the article mentioned 'sexual advance' which implies it was something 'just verbal'...    he certainly didn't deserve to die. 

Certainly the Brit didn't intend to kill the Russian - the consequences are tragic...   As most others have mentioned, walking away is the only smart option - though we have to be there to understand the full extent of the interaction.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, baansgr said:

It's the Russians fault...with literally millions of women here for sale...why try it on with a man's wife...had the same myself 3 months ago but put a stop to it with a few cuffs around his head. Leave people's wives alone!!!

Does it occur to you that you could well have been in this guys shoes had it gone differently? Or do you have head tattoos also…?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

A bit over the top punching someone which killed  the Russian concerned for sounds like verbal abuse to his wife 

Now going to suffer the consequences of his actions as mentioned could have walked away but where alcohol is involved not easily done 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Valid point... 

In the past I was close to clobbering a guy...  fortunately, he'd run off by the time I'd returned....

We were in a regular night-club, with a group of friends, this friend of a friend (Thai) made a 'sexual advance' to my Wife (asked her to come home with him) while I'd gone to the bathroom...  my Wife was furious... he ran off and left the club...  he was gone by the time I'd returned from the bathroom.

Thus, she did handle it - had she not, I'm not sure what I'd have done but it may have involved clobbering him.

Not because my Wife is my possession - but because of the manner in which he knew we were married and still behaved in this way...   

He called up my friends up the next day and asked to pass on an apology. I never saw the guy ever again - I think my Thai friends cut him off after that behavior.

In short, I don't take my Wife to places where this behavior could be expected - however, some guys can act like total dyak heads...    A pool party in Pattaya seems like an area where one would have to be thicker skinned to this sort of behaviour... 

Perhaps the Russian had a hiding coming, if he did sexually assault the Brits Wife... but the article mentioned 'sexual advance' which implies it was something 'just verbal'...    he certainly didn't deserve to die. 

Certainly the Brit didn't intend to kill the Russian - the consequences are tragic...   As most others have mentioned, walking away is the only smart option - though we have to be there to understand the full extent of the interaction.

For all that, instigating violence for someone upsetting your sensibilities by making a pass at your wife is very poor mitigation (if any ) in legal terms and which could for you ,as with this guy, end with you facing a severe penalty and sorely regretting your actions. 

• Agree 1