Royal Palm Trees (Roystonea Regia): Where can I purchase some? 10m transplants or seedlings

I'm looking to buy some Royal Palm trees for my house in Chiang Rai. I need about 7 medium ones for transplant, about 7 to 10m high, and than another 100 seedlings to line the driveway and property borders.  I need the height to not obstruct the mountain views, yet offer some shade and style.

The Foxtail Palm is similar and since it matures much earlier, is easy to find, but it is only about half the size and a darker grey color than the Royal Palm, but the height of the fronds at adult stage would block the views.

Any leads for sources offered from the group would be appreciated.

IMG_3675.JPG

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3665.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3687.JPG

IMG_3682.JPG

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They have seeds on Lazada.

I put some behind our pool (transplants).  They grow so fast!  Great for shade or hanging a hammok.

I bought them from some nursery in town.  They transported them and used a crane to put them in a holes we dug. I think it was about 1,500 per plant with delivery.  They were about 3-4 meters tall already.

17169770029633086233128918821811.thumb.jpg.22a94a952d7333a62eb307cd7da04867.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2024 at 10:06 PM, carlyai said:

Also try on the Pattaya Forum.

There's a big company (Nong Nuk Gardens) on the outskirts of Pattaya that may be able to help you.

Nong Nooch also has a division in Chiang Mai, with a big nursery - plant materials yard in Tambon Nong Hoi near MaeJo town.

And then there is Kamtieng Plant Market in Chiang Mai. And the Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai forum. There has been a discussion about other plant markets outside of Chiang Mai .

Pattaya forum? known for a different kind of bush represented there. 

• Haha 2