I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

6 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I think back tonight ( in Australia) as I go to work on the night shift how lucky I was to "escape" what I call the Pattaya hell hole 

What if I had retired there without doing that trial run?

I would go to the best gyms, restaurants and experience the city. No city is ever that bad if you make an effort. Go to the 3 best gyms, 3 different restaurants. Try 3 different hotels in different locations. Take a bus outside the city and experience some beaches. Rent a scooter and explore Rayong and beyond. Next trip try that.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I think back tonight ( in Australia) as I go to work on the night shift how lucky I was to "escape" what I call the Pattaya hell hole 

What if I had retired there without doing that trial run?

I thought you was a Pom for a moment, all the complaining posts I've read from you. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I would go to the best gyms, restaurants and experience the city. No city is ever that bad if you make an effort. Go to the 3 best gyms, 3 different restaurants. Try 3 different hotels in different locations. Take a bus outside the city and experience some beaches. Rent a scooter and explore Rayong and beyond. Next trip try that.

Tell me about your three best gyms, hotels and restaurants. Happy to hear and learn.

What we ate at Hilton, no idea cant recall, since the food there was ok-. IM Sure I had lasagna, chicken, beef, which I always eat in Bangkok. Sure Pizza also 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Tell me about your three best gyms, hotels and restaurants. Happy to hear and learn.

What we ate at Hilton, no idea cant recall, since the food there was ok-. IM Sure I had lasagna, chicken, beef, which I always eat in Bangkok. Sure Pizza also 

Depends what city you are in. All the large cities have many gyms. As cheap as 40 baht a day. I can see 3 to 5 good ones in each large city that are inexpensive. The cleaner said he loves the gym but did not mention going to many. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ah but that's a myth it's usually aussies moaning about Brits

Half the country are Brits from the first fleet, ex cons. 

He may have British blood. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, susanlea said:

Then you have no life then. I was right. If you were busy doing so many things you would never join a forum.

Please show me where I said I was busy doing many things. I said I wasn't bored. Do you even understand the difference?

I gotta ask why I wouldn't join a forum? I am a member of MotoGP/WSBK forums, NHL/ice hockey forums, reggae and Bob Marley forums, Photoshop, Adobe, and design forums...

I find those other forums a good way to talk to other English speakers about my passions.

AN is just for pure entertainment 😅 ya never know what crazy stuff peeps will be whinging about here 😂

Edited by mikebike
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Depends what city you are in. All the large cities have many gyms. As cheap as 40 baht a day. I can see 3 to 5 good ones in each large city that are inexpensive. The cleaner said he loves the gym but did not mention going to many. 

Don't you find gyms really boring? better to do exercise outside

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Don't you find gyms really boring? better to do exercise outside

I do both. Beach walks and gym. Thailand has some great gyms. The air pollution is also a problem with outside exercise. 

11 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I have only frequented a gyms when recovering from motorbike crashes. Gyms are the definition of boring.

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

I have only frequented a gyms when recovering from motorbike crashes. Gyms are the definition of boring.

Enjoy your Bob Marley forums then. Some gyms have good client base for meeting people and a wide range of equipment. Some of the crossfit equipment is fun.

15 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Silom and around Sukhumvit 22.

Price doesnt matter, 

Finding something interesting to do, and make healthy routines is the most essential for a happy life, and also have somebody to care for, and somebody who care for you! 

Simple as that, still so difficult for many. Biatching about what is boring and who is happy or not, is just pure supidity. For some, just have a morning coffe, read the news at their table at that coffe shop in peace and quiet, see people passing by, is a good start for many. Why should anyone tell them, that is not good enough? 

What you find interesting, fun and believe is a good life, can be totally boring and wrong for others. Give people some respect, earn respect back

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Then someone online here claims Im not happy, go figure

the more you tell other people how content your life is, the more they will try to poison your mind and drag you down

because people are miserable and envious

no one here is cheering for you to have a good life. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

the more you tell other people how content your life is, the more they will try to poison your mind and drag you down

because people are miserable and envious

no one here is cheering for you to have a good life. 

I do not feel that way, it is easy to read between the lines. But, if life was perfect for all of us, non of us would spend time here. That's truth.

Just been stuck here between essential questions you once had, and might have in future, but to be true, never got a decent answer here from anyone except Ubon Joe and Sheryl I could not find myself other places.

So why still hang around? For news? Discuss the wide opinions the different members have on the world views? Discuss with people who never opened one religious book, history book, choose carefully news channels who fit their views? Discuss for hours and days even it will not change anything. No one will change their view because you think you know better. So why continue? 

Bizarre, really

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Some gyms have good client base for meeting people 

-Have not found this to be remotely true in Thailand. These are the least chatty gyms I have ever gym-ed in.

Jett's Gym lets you use their gyms countrywide. They're usually in nice malls.

46 minutes ago, Hummin said:

But, if life was perfect for all of us, non of us would spend time here. That's truth.

I think the internet forums like this are a great invention.

You can utter blurbs ..... People may not read them, but it's effortless. No need to leave the home. 

Occasionally, some interesting conversations pop up.

But do watch out for miserable jaded frustrated people trying to poison your mind on here. 

28 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I think the internet forums like this are a great invention.

You can utter blurbs ..... People may not read them, but it's effortless. No need to leave the home. 

Occasionally, some interesting conversations pop up.

But do watch out for miserable jaded frustrated people trying to poison your mind on here. 

I do not feel like an easy target 😅

11 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

-Have not found this to be remotely true in Thailand. These are the least chatty gyms I have ever gym-ed in.

Jett's Gym lets you use their gyms countrywide. They're usually in nice malls.

Jetts are expensive and western gym. Probably attract the wrong type of person. Try the Thai gyms.

On 6/3/2024 at 3:23 PM, susanlea said:

What if people don't like golf or movies? Then it is just exercise so would not be fun for many. Retirement tends to suit low achievers with low expectations. You don't see many high achievers retiring young.

Working for bullies sucks. I retired early and never been happier. I have more to do than I will be able to do before I die. When I lived in the family house in Lamphun I laid patio pavers, did plumbing, wiring and generally improved the house and surrounds. Gardening is a great past time.

Other than that there is photography, reading, on this forum, movies on DVD, art, hobbies of some sort.

If anyone is bored it's likely because they can't self motivate. Go help out at an orphanage, join a soi dog society, or similar. If bored, look at yourself first- are you motivated or just lazy and want to blame something else instead of yourself?

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Working for bullies sucks. I retired early and never been happier. I have more to do than I will be able to do before I die. When I lived in the family house in Lamphun I laid patio pavers, did plumbing, wiring and generally improved the house and surrounds. Gardening is a great past time.

Other than that there is photography, reading, on this forum, movies on DVD, art, hobbies of some sort.

If anyone is bored it's likely because they can't self motivate. Go help out at an orphanage, join a soi dog society, or similar. If bored, look at yourself first- are you motivated or just lazy and want to blame something else instead of yourself?

I think you need a work permit to volunteer here.