5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

What can you do with a DTV visa for Thailand? 

With the Destination Thailand Visa (DTV), you are allowed to stay in Thailand for up to 180 days per year.

- The visa is valid for 5 years.

- It's also possible to extend your stay in Thailand once for a maximum of 180 days.

- Accompanying Family Members: Legal spouses and legitimate children under 20 years old

Requirements:

There are two known main requirements:

- You need to be at least 20 years old

- You need to have financial proof of at least 500,000 baht throughout your stay in Thailand.

DTV-INFO.jpeg

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Looks good, might be an alternative to a retirement VISA/extension.

Stay 180 days, extend once (assuming 1,900bht), border hop, rinse and repeat.

Averaging 3,900bht/year.

Around the same cost as a retirement extension with multi re-entry, but 300kbht less in the bank required.

on other threads on this subject i thought it said the extension was also 10,000thb see @humbug at 7.41pm on Tuesday here 

Edited by steve187
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

It's same old dog and pony. The difference here is age dropped to 20 along with 10k per year renewal.

They'll need to be doing something $ productive or creative I expect.

I'll bet they will ask for proof of income - more to see wtf the person is engaged in. 500k ok first year perhaps.

Will be interesting to see these new arrivals whinging about opening bank accounts. This will be a huge problem for the program.

Most people in social media are scraping by, living out of a bag or parents basement. Kids don't have this dosh.

As someone mentioned - it's one and done (I'd read). I'd also venture stringing this new visa + education visa may raise eyebrows.

Again, it's Thailand having cake and eating it too.

I'd be happy if Thailand rid itself of the tiktokers. Really lightweight bs, often clueless and sometimes misinformation is misleading and even dangerous. It is though free *soft power* or at least upbeat promotion.

Edited by BusNo8
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

so more than a re extension using an agent in Pattaya (which  u  dont need show Baht in Bank) 
guess its good for under 50 year olds

Doubt

If all you are doing is sitting around Pattaya I doubt you'll be renewed. Definitely need to be paying for a school as well, online business, social media platforms.

Seems like what's being missed is the person needs to be actively engaged in something. A few questions suss that out quickly.

Edited by BusNo8
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

I think you've misunderstood.

It's a multi-entry visa. This means that you get 180 days each time you enter the country whilst the visa remains valid.

i think you're correct. It makes no sense to have the right to extend once in 5 years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I imagine this visa will be very popular amongst the unmarried under 50s. I wonder the price of the agent-assisted fee for those without the financial proof.

Or, maybe like with the METV they will allow you to self-declare.

I wonder if they'll be any silly restrictions on having to apply in your country of residence. That would be pretty dumb for a visa designed to entice digital nomads, but TIT, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I think you've misunderstood.

It's a multi-entry visa. This means that you get 180 days each time you enter the country whilst the visa remains valid.

4 hours ago, george said:

What can you do with a DTV visa for Thailand? 

With the Destination Thailand Visa (DTV), you are allowed to stay in Thailand for up to 180 days per year.

- The visa is valid for 5 years.

- It's also possible to extend your stay in Thailand once for a maximum of 180 days.

- Accompanying Family Members: Legal spouses and legitimate children under 20 years old

Requirements:

There are two known main requirements:

- You need to be at least 20 years old

- You need to have financial proof of at least 500,000 baht throughout your stay in Thailand.

DTV-INFO.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JayClay said:

It's a multiple entry visa. What do you propose would happen on the second entry?

Example, you entered Thailand 1st Jan on the DTV, permitted to stay until 30th June.

Depart March, re-enter April, permitted to stay until 30th June.

Same as an extension of stay with re-entry permit.

It clearly states you can only stay 180 days within a year, with the option of using that one time 180 day extension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

so more than a re extension using an agent in Pattaya (which  u  dont need show Baht in Bank) 

No, extensions are permits, not visas and applied for at Thai Immigration.

The DTV will be applied for at Thai Embassies/Consulates and Somchai can't help you with that.

• Agree 1

Just now, Liquorice said:

It clearly states you can only stay 180 days within a year, with the option of using that one time 180 day extension.

It says you can extend your stay once for 180 days. Your stay usually starts when you enter the country.

Please feel free to point out anywhere where it "clearly states" that you can only stay for 180 days within a year

If you can't do that, then let's just wait and see, rather than waste any more time of the good readers of this thread by arguing over interpretations.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Please feel free to point out anywhere where it "clearly states" that you can only stay for 180 days within a year

Already posted in my previous reply.