5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:

For what it's worth a good friend with usa passport entered two days ago at bkk airport immigration...he asked the officer when the 60 days stamps go into effect and was told July 15....friend speaks pretty good Thai so no misunderstanding there but officer seemed sure about it....like i said...for what it's worth.

What's that got to do with the DTV?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

What's that got to do with the DTV?

Because Sheryl a well respected moderator above asked the question about the 60 days so i thought i would try and provide some info that they might find of interest? 

Edited by pomchop
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if this is an official govt site or what this is .... seems to be talking with authority, but maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about like other sources.

https://dtv.in.th/en

However, it is important to note that the DTV visa does NOT allow 'any' digital nomad to stay in Thailand for five years. It can be used within a five-year period for 180 days, and extended once for another 180 days, with a 10,000 baht filing fee each time.

DTV holders can request to change the type of visa within the country, but this will terminate the DTV.

You can expect the DTV to be available and fully functional by late June or early July 2024.

and you can request an email from this web site when it's finalized ....

June 18th, 2024 Please consider the current announced changes as preliminary and not yet in effect. Government Spokesperson Chai Wacharonke reiterated that the DTV is slated for this month (June), and not July. As soon as everything is finalized, we will be sending a detailed email to those who have requested us to do so.

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I don't know if this is an official govt site or what this is .... seems to be talking with authority, but maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about like other sources

It is not an official government website.

7 minutes ago, Maestro said:

It is not an official government website.

WHOIS search results

Whois Server Version 2.1.7

Domain Name: DTV.IN.TH
Registrar: THNIC
Name Server: HEATHER.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: JUSTIN.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
Updated date: 28 May 2024
Created date: 28 May 2024
Exp date: 28 May 2025
Domain Holder Organization: Personal Information*
Domain Holder Street: Personal Information*
Domain Holder Country: TH

Tech Contact: Personal Information*
Tech Organization: Personal Information*
Tech Street: Personal Information*
Tech Country: Personal Information*

>>> Last updated on Sun, 23 Jun 2024 21:58:25 UTC+7 <<<

17 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I don't know if this is an official govt site or what this is .... seems to be talking with authority, but maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about like other sources.

https://dtv.in.th/en

The root domain suffix .in (India) should give you a clue that it is not an official Thai government website.  It's just a worthless spam site reposting random probably false information.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

The root domain suffix .in (India) should give you a clue that it is not an official Thai government website.  It's just a worthless spam site reposting random probably false information.

The root domain has a .TH (Thailand) Suffix, I don't know what the "IN" indicates but you would expect an official Government website to have a ".GO.TH" suffix.

Sites like this can be useful for keeping an eye out for updates as they tend to be updated very quickly when new information comes out, but shouldn't be used to make any concrete plans from until you see it on an official site. 

Edit: 

The .in.th is the internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Thailand. It's typically used by individuals, businesses, and organizations that are based in Thailand or linked with the country. To register a .in.th domain, the registrant must either be a Thai resident or have a legally registered business in Thailand. The domain provides a geographical connection to the region, making it a significant tool for those wanting to establish an online presence in the Thai market.

https://tld-list.com/tld/in.th#:~:text=in.th is the internet,or linked with the country.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Maestro said:

In dtv.in.th, "in" stands for info.

The URL of Thai government domains often ends with "go.th", where "go" stands for government.

It's not a govt site, but at the bottom of the page he has a bunch of links from govt sites, including Thai Embassy Facebook posts (France, Delhi,,).

He seems to be getting his information from govt sources.

But that doesnt mean the govt has made it clear yet.

And the latest post is from June 6th, which is bad news and indicates to me that there will be delays. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1