Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if all this had something to do with the new tax law. More bookkeeping on the Thai side

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Nothing to do with it.  I did two transfers last month, same speed as always.

The impression I'm getting from this thread is that it's mainly (if not wholly) about USA-specific issues/problems with Wise.

Edited by OJAS

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

The impression I'm getting from this thread is that it's mainly (if not wholly) about USA-specific issues/problems with Wise.

Possibly. I shall let you know if and when my monthly transfer arrives tomorrow.

As I said in a previous post, I have already converted my GBP to THB, so am sending THB to my Bkk Bank as I have done many times successfully.

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Possibly. I shall let you know if and when my monthly transfer arrives tomorrow.

As I said in a previous post, I have already converted my GBP to THB, so am sending THB to my Bkk Bank as I have done many times successfully.

I sent 75kTHB from the UK yesterday.  10 seconds.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I sent 75kTHB from the UK yesterday.  10 seconds.

I have just sent Bht 5000 from Nationwide to Remitly to Bkk Bank. Took maybe a minute overall, but arrived in my Bkk Bank as 'from another Bank', so no good if you need it for Mr Immigration as an FTT. At 47.330 !

Edited by KannikaP

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

Can YOU see and predict exactly what the future will be in 20 years time, or even what will be happening in the next week.

No. But if I know that I need say Bht 65,000 next Monday, and Wise is my only source, then instigate the transfer on Wednesday or Thursday, and check for Thai holidays first. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if all this had something to do with the new tax law. More bookkeeping on the Thai side

Nope, nothing to do with that.

If govt are involved it would be the Ministry of Finance (MOF), Bank of Thailand (BOT) and the Anti money laundering office (AMLO)

If any holdups it is probably more due to compliance with Western nations regulations and checks where all international finance rules are being devised and decided.

Edited by freeworld
  • Agree 1

Go to Trust Pilot and read the LOWEST rating reviews, you will have it all there. The top ratings are ushually fake. The   latest one star ratings have 

described all the recent transaction problems Asean members are complaining about here. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think a big part of why Wise has taken so much longer these days "for some"

Has to do with whether or not your bank that your pulling from is connected or PLAID integrated.

Mine is not so my transfers that use to take seconds now take quite a few days

Kind of a hassle because if your bank is not part of that you need a work around

The only thing I can do to make things faster is transfer ahead of time to my Wise account

Then when I want to trans to Thailand it is instantly 

Lastly IMHO PLAID should not be required & is why many banks do not have PLAID as it is yet another possible data breach. Another app with access to your data between your bank & Wise

Edited by mania

The delay I experienced last week was from my Wise account to my Thai bank a/c.

Safest thing is to maintain a balance in one’s Thai account so this type of grief can be avoided. Maybe not always possible though.

Wise haven’t owned up to what occurred last week but coincidentally there had been similar glitches earlier in May which they did own up to: 

https://status.wise.com/

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, LOUIS65 said:

Go to Trust Pilot and read the LOWEST rating reviews, you will have it all there. The top ratings are ushually fake. The   latest one star ratings have 

described all the recent transaction problems Asean members are complaining about here. 

How do you know that they top reviews are fake, or is everybody simply supposed to take your word for it?

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How do you know that they top reviews are fake, or is everybody simply supposed to take your word for it?

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have also read that Trust Pilot can be paid to enhance reviews and martin Lewis found the same 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5519663/trustpilot-a-dawning-realisation-that-its-a-scam

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

It's just not good enough!

I transferred £1k a few minutes ago got 46.79 thb rate plus £7.26 charge.

They said it would take 28 minutes to receive but it actually took only 21 minutes.

How inaccurate and unreliable is that???

I did a transfer on Friday which was held up by yet another Thai public holiday yesterday. BBK has just sent me an SMS saying that the money was available in my account.

It should have been there at 2pm precisely yet it was delayed for 2 minutes and 17 seconds. That is disgusting timing. I think that I should complain on social media about that. 😅

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling
  • Haha 1

Wouldn't it be refreshing if a company, any company, held their hands up and said "yes, we've been having a few problems recently" instead of the usual BS corporate reply.

Concerned after reading this thread, I messaged Wise and got this back - means absolutley nothing!

Hello XXXX,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I understand your concern is about sending money to THB account and would like to confirm if any issues on it.

Sending money has its different time frame, it depends on the payment method and currencies you are using.

Transfer to THB can take up to 1-2 working days to arrive in your recipient's account. 

You can learn more about THB transfers here for more information.

You also can check in our pricing calculator here.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Wise

On 6/3/2024 at 10:52 AM, KannikaP said:

Arrived perfectly on time, as always, 14.02pm as International Transfer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

Wouldn't it be refreshing if a company, any company, held their hands up and said "yes, we've been having a few problems recently" instead of the usual BS corporate reply.

Concerned after reading this thread, I messaged Wise and got this back - means absolutley nothing!

Hello XXXX,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I understand your concern is about sending money to THB account and would like to confirm if any issues on it.

Sending money has its different time frame, it depends on the payment method and currencies you are using.

Transfer to THB can take up to 1-2 working days to arrive in your recipient's account. 

You can learn more about THB transfers here for more information.

You also can check in our pricing calculator here.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Wise

Seems logical to me. They are saying that the transfer time depends on which currency, from which country's bank you use to fund your Wise account. 

I have found it better to 'stock up' your THB balance as and when the exchange rate is good, like when GBP = 47 ! Then do a THB to THB transfer when you need/want the money to be in Thailand. Usually instant unless you need it to be International. Then it takes a day longer, as mine just did.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LOUIS65 said:

Do you trust Trustpilot. Saw a UK documentary where a guy got a non-existent company 5 stars on it.

• Confused 2

A significant aspect of what occurred  with Wise last week wasn’t just the unpredictable delays, but the “not knowing what was going on”.

Anyhow things now seem OK and this thread ought to be closed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/1/2024 at 12:03 AM, sandyf said:

I have been paying a company in Canada from Wise UK for several years and it has always taken in excess of 24 hours and sometimes a few days.

I note the same, in excess of 24 hours and sometimes a few days (for Wise transfers from Canada to Europe).  Having typed that, I have also noted that for smaller amounts of money being transferred, Wise is cheaper than the traditional bank transfers and also, despite the time noted for the transfer, in my experience Wise is also faster than the traditional bank transfers.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Stanton681 said:

A significant aspect of what occurred  with Wise last week wasn’t just the unpredictable delays, but the “not knowing what was going on”.

Anyhow things now seem OK and this thread ought to be closed.

Yeah bad communication on their part was my issue. I've done multiple transfers this week though and all have been instant.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2024 at 12:28 PM, Yagoda said:

So add infantile to your description along with inability to be coherent

Did you use spell checker this time?😄:clap2:

On 5/31/2024 at 11:07 AM, Doctor Tom said:

It is the Thai Banking system. I transferred two separate amounts to my g/f bank in the last 3 days, Wise says 3 hours but it was more than 12.  The Wise website said both amounts had been transferred to the Thai bank on time.  It took a 20 minute call to the Thai Bank call center to get the money released to the account.  I have no doubt at all that the Thai Banks are collectively holding on to transfer money to gain market advantage and just playing games.  One call , albeit  far too long a call, and what a surprise, the money gets released immediately. Wise is okay. 

Yes, I believe that is the actual culprit in many cases. My US Soc Sec was sent out from 'Murica on time, but took more than a day to show up here. Me thinks the fluctuating exchange rate was being taken advantage of on this end. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2

I had problems last week sending from the UK...two transactions took nearly 24 hours to arrive.

Sent some more money today and it only took about 10 seconds.

RAZZ

• Thumbs Up 1