Possible new address to send ssa 7162 yearly form:

Social Security Administration

Wilkes-Barre Direct Operations Center

Attention: FEQ Analyst – Courier Service

1150 E. Mountain Dr. Room 341

Wilkes Barre, PA 18767-7162

U.S.A. 

This address information was given to me by ,

FBU Manila as an address to send my form via express mail, Fedx, etc.

I just wanted to let everyone know a possible new address.

Good luck everyone.

Jeff 

• 3 weeks later...

I received my 7162 just yesterday (June 18th) in my Thai post.

The letter is dated June 6th. So that means it took almost 2 weeks to get here.

I filled out the form, signed, and then sent today via tracked post. (Cost was 335 THB).

The address listed on the addressed return envelope as well as the received instruction was:

Social Security Administration

P.O. Box 7162

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania

18767-7162 USA

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2024 at 8:59 AM, etsllc said:

This address information was given to me by ,

FBU Manila as an address to send my form via express mail, Fedx, etc.

For "express mail, Fedx, etc."  Letter envelopes go to the PO 7162.

22 hours ago, connda said:

For "express mail, Fedx, etc."  Letter envelopes go to the PO 7162.

They provided me a 'self addressed' envelope with the form and instructions sent.

I returned it using ThaiPost and paid for it being tracked mail. It costs me 330THB.

What concerns me is there's no indication that they actually received and processed it. I think I'll be contacting Manilla FBU or call the SSA in the USA to confirm all is kosher..... I'd hate to have my pension stop occurring. 

On 7/2/2024 at 3:04 PM, dingdongrb said:

They provided me a 'self addressed' envelope with the form and instructions sent.

I returned it using ThaiPost and paid for it being tracked mail. It costs me 330THB.

What concerns me is there's no indication that they actually received and processed it. I think I'll be contacting Manilla FBU or call the SSA in the USA to confirm all is kosher..... I'd hate to have my pension stop occurring. 

Let me guess....your US Postal System Tracking (not to be confused with Thai Postal System tracking) shows the item arriving and possibly leaving one of the U.S. international mail entry points on the east or west coast of the U.S.....like maybe New York City.  But then the registered mail item goes MIA.   Well, that's because around 15 years ago the USPS changed its policy regarding the handling/tracking of inbound international registered mail....not just from Thailand but from any country.  See USPOS policy snapshot at bottom.   International registered mail is "not", repeat, not tracked/handled like say you were using USPS registered mail to send somethinkg from say LA to NY.  

What happens is generally inbound international registered mail is handled as a normal first class mail once it enters/exits the U.S. entry point where addtional tracking & scanning of the tracking number may cease. I say "generally" because registred mail from certain countries meet certain standards that complies with what the USPS requires for tracking of inbound international registered mail. 

While your international/Thailand registered mail item probably arrived its intended address such as Wilkes Barre PA it may not show any tracking/delivery once it exits the U.S. entry point ike say it entered the US at the New York City international mail entry point.   Now "sometimes" scanning of the international registered mail item does occur once it's in the US first class mail system.....and sometimes (maybe most of the time) scanning does not occur.

While paying for registered mail from Thailand to the US might give the mailer a warm fuzzy it will be tracked and specially handled the whole way to its final address in actuality the tracking/special handling only realiablity occurs up to the point of entry in the U.S......then it's pretty much treated as plain ol' 1st Class Mail which where mail is handled differently from registered mail (registered mail is handled in a more secure manner which also sometimes slows down final delivery due to special handling}.  Any scanning in the 1st class mail system for tracking purposes will be hit and miss....any scanning that does occur probably occurred because an automated mail sorting machine scanned the item vs the postman doing a scan at final delivery.   

For mailing 7162s back to Wilkes Barre you are probably just as good off mailing it "regular airmail" at around Bt50 vs paying aorund Bt330 for "registered airmail."  I say that from personal mailing tests.   In a series of personal mailing tests from Bangkok to Texas/California (5 tests over several months...a total of 10 envelopes) I did in 2019 where I mailed envelopes at the same time and from the same Bankgok post office to the same US address the envelopes that I mailed via "regular airmail" arrived 2 to 3 times faster than the envelopes I mailed via "registered airmail."   The envelopes sent via regular airmail arrived in approx two weeks but the registed airmail took 4 to 6 weeks and only only one of the five registered mails showed tracking the entire way...the other four registered envelopes didn't show full tracking or simply stopped after they exited the NY City or Los Angeles international mail entry points.  They all arrived but simply didn't show tracking the whole way.   Now back in 2019 registered mail from Thailand to the US was a LOT cheaper....right around Bt100 per envelope....but now days it around three times more expensive.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2009/pb22259/html/updt_004.htm

image.png.2b74a65ccf4631ea2f1585f84e1da35c.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Let me guess....your US Postal System Tracking (not to be confused with Thai Postal System tracking) shows the item arriving and possibly leaving one of the U.S. international mail entry points on the east or west coast of the U.S.....like maybe New York City.  But then the registered mail item goes MIA.   Well, that's because around 15 years ago the USPS changed its policy regarding the handling/tracking of inbound international registered mail....not just from Thailand but from any country.  See USPOS policy snapshot at bottom.   International registered mail is "not", repeat, not tracked/handled like say you were using USPS registered mail to send somethinkg from say LA to NY.  

What happens is generally inbound international registered mail is handled as a normal first class mail once it enters/exits the U.S. entry point where addtional tracking & scanning of the tracking number may cease. I say "generally" because registred mail from certain countries meet certain standards that complies with what the USPS requires for tracking of inbound international registered mail. 

While your international/Thailand registered mail item probably arrived its intended address such as Wilkes Barre PA it may not show any tracking/delivery once it exits the U.S. entry point ike say it entered the US at the New York City international mail entry point.   Now "sometimes" scanning of the international registered mail item does occur once it's in the US first class mail system.....and sometimes (maybe most of the time) scanning does not occur.

While paying for registered mail from Thailand to the US might give the mailer a warm fuzzy it will be tracked and specially handled the whole way to its final address in actuality the tracking/special handling only realiablity occurs up to the point of entry in the U.S......then it's pretty much treated as plain ol' 1st Class Mail which where mail is handled differently from registered mail (registered mail is handled in a more secure manner which also sometimes slows down final delivery due to special handling}.  Any scanning in the 1st class mail system for tracking purposes will be hit and miss....any scanning that does occur probably occurred because an automated mail sorting machine scanned the item vs the postman doing a scan at final delivery.   

For mailing 7162s back to Wilkes Barre you are probably just as good off mailing it "regular airmail" at around Bt50 vs paying aorund Bt330 for "registered airmail."  I say that from personal mailing tests.   In a series of personal mailing tests from Bangkok to Texas/California (5 tests over several months...a total of 10 envelopes) I did in 2019 where I mailed envelopes at the same time and from the same Bankgok post office to the same US address the envelopes that I mailed via "regular airmail" arrived 2 to 3 times faster than the envelopes I mailed via "registered airmail."   The envelopes sent via regular airmail arrived in approx two weeks but the registed airmail took 4 to 6 weeks and only only one of the five registered mails showed tracking the entire way...the other four registered envelopes didn't show full tracking or simply stopped after they exited the NY City or Los Angeles international mail entry points.  They all arrived but simply didn't show tracking the whole way.   Now back in 2019 registered mail from Thailand to the US was a LOT cheaper....right around Bt100 per envelope....but now days it around three times more expensive.

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2009/pb22259/html/updt_004.htm

image.png.2b74a65ccf4631ea2f1585f84e1da35c.png

Wow, you seem to have a lot of free time to provide such a long winded post.

I know the exact limitations to the tracking process....been mailing too much chit over the years.

Did you happen to read this part of my post:

"What concerns me is there's no indication that they actually received and processed it."

With my past mailing experiences and experiments here in LOS my biggest concern is ThaiPost actually getting it out of Thailand within a decent period of time, or at all, thus the reason I use the ThaiPost Tracking,,,,,  Besides 330 THB won't take away a meal (or beer) from my mouth, I tip more than that in any given week.

NOTE: I sent the letter from a pretty decent sized city in the Northern part of the country and according to the tracking info it took almost 1 week exactly just to get to, and leave Suvarnabhumi. My experience has taught me that sending mail out of Thailand at the ThaiPost in Suvarnabhumi is the best assurance it will get to the US destination.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Did you happen to read this part of my post:

"What concerns me is there's no indication that they actually received and processed it."

Sure did.   And if you call SSA they probably say they can't see anything onfile but also say they can't see everything....I say that based on numerous posts over the years where people did call SSA or email Manila trying to find out if their 7162 arrived Wilkes Barre.   And if it doesn't arrive SSA will send your another in the Sep/Oct time frame....and if they don't get a response to that in Jan SSA will send you a notice of suspended payments until they receive a 7162 response.