What does the average British expat think of Tommy?

9 minutes ago, Crossy said:

My first thought was "excellent movie and soundtrack". Maybe I'm showing my age!

My second thought was "Tommy who?" :whistling:

I was exactly the same. I was thinking Pinball Wizard, rock operas, and all that. Then I thought, wait, must be something else, maybe even something more important, but then turns out to be another pathetic cult figure. Just another Jim Jones type trying to get people to drink the koolaid. Hey let's have a thread next about the wonders of Margarine Toilet Grime and QAnon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

I'm all for the right of free speech.  I do not support some of the recent events in the UK where protesters have blocked the roads and supported violent vocal attacks. Thankfully I can live here in los without the angst that is building in the UK. Some of the problems of the UK are being voiced by Tommy Robinson and his supporters and to label him as simply a troublemaker is ignoring those issues.

I label many of them as disenfranchised vandals blaming a system for their own problems and personal shortcomings. Now you can deface a building just for fun, get lots of attention, say that it was in the name of some newfangled dystopian cause and be given a pass, even praised by some others.

Blocking roads, destroying art, defacing public property and other things that people hold in high regards, is all just a pathetic excuse for harming the lives of other innocent citizens who aren't to blame for the other person's problems.  

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

I'm all for the right of free speech.  I do not support some of the recent events in the UK where protesters have blocked the roads and supported violent vocal attacks. Thankfully I can live here in los without the angst that is building in the UK. Some of the problems of the UK are being voiced by Tommy Robinson and his supporters and to label him as simply a troublemaker is ignoring those issues.

I am not a Brit but have read a lot in the news about Tommy Robinson. First heard about him at the Oxford Union channel, interesting character. 

3 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:
12 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I count myself as being one of yer average British expats and my only comment is: 'who the hell is Tommy Robinson?'

3 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Ah,ignorance is bliss.

So often true. I take little notice of news items that have no direct bearing on my current lifestyle.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Ok,then maybe you can join in when you have something interesting to say.

I've said more than enough. Have a nice day!

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

This is all copied and pasted; if you don’t have either the time or the ability to write anything constructive yourself, you could at least have the good grace to acknowledge the sources that you have copied from.

Or maybe you could read the thread properly.  I did quote the source in the third post.  Clearly some people didn't read it so I posted it in a abbreviated form with highlighted text to show what I was referring to. Hence me saying " A few highlights" and putting text in inverted commas. I'm quite happy to cut and paste factual information that I've linked to.

I accept your humble apology. 🙂 

3 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Just a working class lad that wants his country back.

Not sure if this is a quote from TR or you parodying him but the response is the same either way.

Wants it back from whom? You are both already living in it. The comment about "lesser nations" is hopefully in jest otherwise it can make one look a bit daft, like TR perhaps.

52 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

He's a paedophile defender at worst (well, he defended a convicted paedopjile and campaigned for his release). A paedophile ignorer at best.

Do you have a link to that claim ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

He has small man syndrome, being only 5foot 7inches, loved picking up the soap while using the showers in the Nick, 

Do you have a link to that claim that Tommy loved anal sex in jail ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1