The Maldives Bans Israeli Passport Holders

47 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In Maldives when they burn the Israeli flag and have swastikas then that's not the case there, so irrelevant

Maldives is a Sunni state, and I guess they see Israel same way we saw the Nazis. My best guess, and understandable since they only see one side of the conflict, same as some here do with Israel eyes. 

Horrible pics and news coming out do make an impact if only see one side. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

I really dont think they are wired that way at all.  May God have mercy on them come Judgement day but its very very doubtful.

Judgement day is now and the winner takes it all. Who will win the war, and who will win the propaganda war, Thats the question! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It is each and one member of the UN who is stating Hamas as a terror organization, not UN itself, but I cant really find anything else

Worth reading is this press release. World politics is complicated

Special Coordinator, Stressing ‘All Sides Must Urgently Change Course’, Appeals to Security Council for Support of Gaza’s Political Future

However, the 15-nation organ still refuses to recognize that the blame lies with the terrorists

https://press.un.org/en/2024/sc15710.doc.htm

There is a list of terrorist organizations & individuals put out by the UN.

Hamas is not on it.  Google, as always in your friend ...

... PEACE OUT

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maldives is a strict Islamic state brought up with antisemitism in their education, a bit like the UN schools in Gaza with their curriculums. 

I can say it is understandable seen the history of how Israel finely became a state, they are as angry as some of you are but the other way around. How the Palestinians have become the soi dogs for Israel and western world, is quite clear. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

There is a list of terrorist organizations & individuals put out by the UN.

Hamas is not on it.  Google, as always in your friend ...

... PEACE OUT

Quite surprising, I was not aware of that, thank you, 

What stop them from doing so?

13 minutes ago, connda said:

What I find unconscionable, as an example, is the destruction of the Al-Israa University, which was occupied by the IDF for 70 days after which charges were set and the buildings demolished. 

There is no excuse for the destruction of social institutions other then deliberate ethnic cleansing.  Therefore all educational institution, religious institutions, hospitals, and government institutions are leveled. 

The intent of the IDF has been apparent to me for some months now, and IMO netanyahu is refusing to stop till the entire strip has been destroyed, which will de facto make it uninhabitable. Let's see how much of Rafah is still standing once the IDF leaves.

When it is all over, IMO the western leaders that were so keen to suck up to netanyahu will wring their hands and claim not to have known what was happening.

As Egypt, quite rightly, is refusing to resettle them, I anticipate that israel will try to get western countries to take them, and when that fails will IMO forcibly remove them to the west bank, where their tame PLO will co operate with israel to suppress them in ghettos.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I can say it is understandable seen the history of how Israel finely became a state, they are as angry as some of you are but the other way around. How the Palestinians have become the soi dogs for Israel and western world, is quite clear. 

I can say it is understandable 

Yes of course you can

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The intent of the IDF has been apparent to me for some months now, and IMO netanyahu is refusing to stop till the entire strip has been destroyed, which will de facto make it uninhabitable. Let's see how much of Rafah is still standing once the IDF leaves.

The intent of the Hamas has been apparent to me for some months now, and IMO Hamas is refusing to stop hiding behind civilians/supporters and will not release the hostages unill the entire strip has been destroyed, which will de facto make it uninhabitable. Let's see how much of Hamas and their supporters are still alive once the IDF leaves.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Judgement day is now and the winner takes it all. Who will win the war, and who will win the propaganda war, Thats the question! 

Israel is IMO losing the popularity war with all but western leaders, but will the outrage last once the conflict ends and it is back to business as usual?

• Thumbs Up 1

Very interesting - it seems that most of the members that I have opposing political views with about the Dems/Biden and GOP/Trump are also Hamas supporters and hate Israel. 

Very happy to see that my personal my moral values align against those who are clearly delusional woke lefties and would be pro-Hamas protestors if they were at Uni in USA or elsewhere. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Quite surprising, I was not aware of that, thank you, 

What stop them from doing so?

Perhaps they don't like israel destroying their hospitals and schools and killing their employees.

1 minute ago, connda said:

One person's "terrorist" is another person's "freedom fighter."

The term "terrorist" is a political term used to demonize those with whom state actors wish to discredit and destroy in the mind's of their own public.

During WWII Polish, French, and other allied-affiliated "Insurgents" were labelled as "terrorist" by the German government. 

And nowadays it is common vernacular to label non-western "insurgents" as terrorists:
America and its allies invades Iraq.  Iraqis band together as insurgents to fight the invaders.  Iraqi insurgents are labelled terrorists by Western media.

America and its allies invades Afghanistan.  Afghani band together as insurgents to fight the invaders on their homeland.  Afghani insurgents are labelled terrorists by Western media.
But--
On July 22, 1946 Jewish terrorist freedom fighter blew up the King David Hotel killing 91 people including many whom were members of the occupying forces of Britain. 

It all depends on the political affiliation of the most powerful witin the structure of Geo-politics. 
And we come right back to:  One person's "terrorist" is another person's "freedom fighter."

And at the end of the day, that equates to revisionist history as well.  :wink:

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 300sd said:

Obviously no one else would have gone after the Munich terrorists! They murdered every Jewish athlete in their dorms at the Munich Olympics. Who cares huh? I have news for you. Mossad will go after these Hamas scum and believe me, they don't have to use their Israeli passports.

They can keep on violating international law and head further down the road as a pariah state.  But ask yourself this...  When they alienate all but a few hard core allies, how long do you think Israel will survive if the US and UK get into an existential war with Russia or elsewhere and we don't have enough weapons to assure our own existence, much less protect Israel.

On a related note, looks like the IDF has bombed another (UNRWA) school, killing dozens.  Including a few terrorists.  The story's on Russian media (RT), claiming to be from a Reuters report which is blocked here where I'm staying.  If so, way to go IDF.  Creating a few more terrorists by killing indiscriminately.  Have they not figured out the simple math that says you'll never eliminate terrorists if you create them faster than you can kill them?

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maldives is in good company:

Why would you  want additional countries to join is such a blatant act of Jew hatred? 

What??  It is Israel's very actions which are creating hatred for the Jews, doubt they need any help judging from the recent past.  All claims of anti semitism of late are just propaganda attempts at stifling any justifiable criticism of Israels genocidal and apartheid treatment of the Palestinians.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they don't like israel destroying their hospitals and schools and killing their employees.

How do you/they know the tourists have anything to do with the war except an Israeli  passport..?    🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ThaiFelix said:

What??  It is Israel's very actions which are creating hatred for the Jews, doubt they need any help judging from the recent past.  All claims of anti semitism of late are just propaganda attempts at stifling any justifiable criticism of Israels genocidal and apartheid treatment of the Palestinians.

So confirmation of your antisemitism, cheers

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I can say it is understandable 

Yes of course you can

Thats the difference between one who only willing to see a conflict one way, and not see reasonable causes why people and states becomes terrorists as a final result. 

But world politics is difficult when everything comes down to fight for its own existence, and nobody sees you or aknownledge you or your suffering. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I had said before, two evil doesnt make one right! 

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

They can keep on violating international law and head further down the road as a pariah state.  But ask yourself this...  When they alienate all but a few hard core allies, how long do your think Israel will survive if the US and UK get into an existential war with Russia or elsewhere and we don't have enough weapons to assure our own existence, much less protect Israel.

On a related note, looks like the IDF has bombed another (UNWRA) school killing dozens.  Including a few terrorists.  The story's on Russian media (RT), claiming to be from a Reuters report which is blocked here where I'm staying.  If so, way to go IDF.  Creating a few more terrorists by killing indiscriminately.  Have they not figured out the simple math that says you'll never eliminate terrorists if you create them faster than you can kill them?

Very well put however war in Europe or not the Us will still want to keep the arms industry busy and will sell to who ever and decide on the morals and ethics later as they always have.

Yes Netanyahu will not give up till Hamas is 100% eradicated but his actions in fact create more.  That is his whole plan, the more Hamas he creates the more he can kill until every single Palestinian is slaughtered, then take all the land as well as all that oil off Gaza no-one is talking about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Very well put however war in Europe or not the Us will still want to keep the arms industry busy and will sell to who ever and decide on the morals and ethics later as they always have.

Yes Netanyahu will not give up till Hamas is 100% eradicated but his actions in fact create more.  That is his whole plan, the more Hamas he creates the more he can kill until every single Palestinian is slaughtered, then take all the land as well as all that oil off Gaza no-one is talking about.

You remind me of Tom & Jerry.............🤔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Thats the difference between one who only willing to see a conflict one way, and not see reasonable causes why people and states becomes terrorists as a final result. 

But world politics is difficult when everything comes down to fight for its own existence, and nobody sees you or aknownledge you or your suffering. 

yawn, you sit on your mighty horse thinking I can only see one way in this conflict. Can the terrorists release the hostages and save Palestinian lives please.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It was the case some years ago, even if you had an Israeli stamp in your passport some countries would deny you entry, 

Thats why we all got loose leaf visas.  It was all a huge farce!

The topic is the Maldives banning Israeli passport holders. Not existential arguments about the history of the Arab-Israeli conflicts. We've had enough lobbying, hyperbole, name calling, etc, and are ready to do what we have to in order to settle things down.

•  Nobody is going to change anyone's mind, and none of you are saying anything groundbreaking, so stop taking it so seriously.
  • Posting in all caps or large fonts doesn't help you, it just makes you look desperate. We'll also bin the posts containing them.
  • We understand it's a contentious, emotional issue, but we have an obligation to keep the forum informative to readers, and circular arguments and insults do nothing to facilitate that.
  • Many of you are trying to give reasoned and thoughtful input, and we do appreciate this. We'll try to keep you from getting drowned out.

Thank you, please have a reasonable discussion, that's on topic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Maldives is in good company:

Why would you  want additional countries to join is such a blatant act of Jew hatred? 

Maybe, if they stopped bombing schools, kindergartens and hospitals, which are clearly crimes of war according to the Geneva convention, and which also are clearly attempted genocide, there wouldn't be so much hate in the world towards them. They're also very good at still playing the victim when in reality they have become the oppressors! The Gaza Strip is literally a concentration camp minus the gas chambers and the crematorium. They're almost on the same level as Hitler was and then they wonder why no one likes them. So delusional and most of it all the epitome of hypocrisy! 

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

Maybe, if they stopped bombing schools, kindergartens and hospitals, which are clearly crimes of war according to the Geneva convention, and which also are clearly attempted genocide, there wouldn't be so much hate in the world towards them. They're also very good at still playing the victim when in reality they have become the oppressors! The Gaza Strip is literally a concentration camp minus the gas chambers and the crematorium. They're almost on the same level as Hitler was and then they wonder why no one likes them. So delusional and most of it all the epitome of hypocrisy! 

Another confirming its ok to hate Jews based on unproven allegations of genocide.

• Haha 1