German Tourist's Fatal Fall at Pattaya Hotel Shocks Visitors

webfact

image.jpeg

A tragic incident at a luxury hotel in Pattaya has left tourists in shock after a German national fell to his death. Police are now working to uncover the true motive behind this unfortunate event.

This morning, the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Pattaya Rescue Radio Centre received reports of an individual falling from a height at a five-star hotel near Pattaya Beach, Nong Prue Subdistrict, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri Province. Upon receiving the call, the centre promptly coordinated with Thanya Udtong, an investigator from Pattaya City Police Station, and Pattaya Tourist Police, along with rescue volunteers, to rush to the scene.

At the scene, both Thai and foreign tourists were visibly distressed, watching the unfolding event. Hotel staff attempted to manage the crowd, pushing onlookers away from the area and using metal barriers to cordon off the site. Approximately 10 metres from where the body was found, a white tent was used to cover the deceased.

The victim was later identified as Martin Bernhard R., a 57-year-old German national. He was staying at the luxurious hotel adjacent to the shopping mall where his body was discovered. It was determined that Roder was staying in room 3303 on the 33rd floor. There were no signs of struggle or theft in his room, only allergy medication, which was collected as evidence by police.

A staff member, who declined to be photographed, mentioned witnessing the body of the deceased plummeting from the building and hitting a plant pot near the entrance of the shopping mall, causing significant alarm among those present. Once the situation was under control, non-essential personnel were kept away from the scene, and the police were notified for further examination.

Initially, investigator Thanya reported to Commander Navin Theerawit from Pattaya City Police Station. Coordination with the investigative police unit and forensic officers from Chon Buri’s second district began to determine the exact cause of death. The motive for this tragic event remains under investigation.

“This is a very unfortunate incident, and we are committed to finding the truth behind it,” said a police spokesperson.

The incident marks the fourth such tragedy this month. The first occurred on June 1, involving a 23-year-old Thai man. The second, on June 3, was a 38-year-old Russian tourist. The third, on June 4, involved a 43-year-old American tourist.

Picture courtesy: Khaosod

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-06

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

Posted (edited)

deleted

"this morning"?

Not even khaosod gives a time when this happened.

Just a photo of the aftermath from 2:54 AM

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Looks like Central Festival so The Hilton Hotel?

Of course.

I refrained from making a joke about hiding the name. Thai style reporting.

Not sure where he landed. Near beach Rd entrance. Could easily have killed a passer by.

Picture from Thaiger.

image.png.04520b43181ff5cd06be65e9ebd2ac4f.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, wozzlegummich said:

It is never the fall that kills you. It's the sudden stop at the end.

Correct, darn flower pot.

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Hilton needs to start locking up those balcony doors and windows!

Also restaurants. 

I think it's Carl's burgers, a while ago I was sat on the balcony eating my burger. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Also restaurants. 

I think it's Carl's burgers, a while ago I was sat on the balcony eating my burger. 

Carls has been closed for over a year. The company decided to exit Thailand. The tent is outside floor 1.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course.

I refrained from making a joke about hiding the name. Thai style reporting.

Not sure where he landed. Near beach Rd entrance. Could easily have killed a passer by.

Picture from Thaiger.

image.png.04520b43181ff5cd06be65e9ebd2ac4f.png

Yes, that was my first concern, some poor worker could have been killed.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Didn't see the time of the incident only 'this morning' mentioned... but yes, people coming and going all day. It mentioned near the entrance....if  between 10,30 and 11.00 am people hang around there waiting for the place to open, been there myself. 

Sad.

So yesterday it was reported that a lady went to the police because of blackmail regarding explicit pictures whilst she was in a rest room, the report gave her name the fact she sold Durian and the place she sold them in fact chapter and verse. 

But today all we have is a big Hotel opposite a mall

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, wozzlegummich said:

That’s a new one on me. Not. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wozzlegummich said:

Agreed, this was explained by my father on buying my first motorbike

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure someone will buy lottery ticket 3303 based on this event. And either blame it if no win, or firmly believe the win was due to this event. 

• Haha 2