Putin Warns Russia May Arm Nations to Strike the West

1 minute ago, johng said:

Ever heard of BRICS    US has used its currency as a weapon and the "rest of the world" are looking towards an alternative that doesn't have the sword of Damocles hanging over its head wielded  by the world wide bully /policeman  America,  US dollar hegemony is on the wane.

Have you sold all your $ then? And bought the Bricky? Where can I get mine?

• Like 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

Yes - Russia did, as have other countries - It is called DEMOCRACY, or is that only when It suits you?

Yeah, Russia did because it's not a democracy, and half of Ukrainian people are living as refugees abroad, plus Ukraine's infrastructure is almost completely destroyed. Oh, by Russia, by the way. Stay in BKK bob. You'll be safer there.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/8/2024 at 6:12 PM, Roo Island said:

What a horrible leader. Too bad the people in Russia can't vote him out.

Can - by not voting or voting for the opposition as many did (11%, in fact).

Edited by BobBKK
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Nice to see you admit Ukraine is finished - half the population is not there, you say? Infrastructure destroyed? Great - proxy USA war should be over soon. Peace at last!

It's not finished and your proxy war was a response to a friendly state being invaded by a definitely unfriendly state. Putin is a belligerent enemy, no two ways about it. Are you too young to recognise appeasement doesn't work?

Just now, BobBKK said:

You know as well as I do it was in response to NATO moving eastwards despite agreements that it would never do so. Ukraine broke all the agreements brokered by France and Germany. How would the USA, like Russia, moving into Cuba or Hawaii, or Mexico? Russia will NEVER be beaten - it is better to negotiate peace.

Absolute rubbish. You've swallowed Putin's nonsense. It was a fabrication he used to justify all out war. The real reason was an attack on Europe. NATO was nowhere near his southern border. But it will be. And it's definitely all round his north western flank. It's all backfired.

And just read the Budapest agreement if you want to see the real villainy at work here. Ukraine gave up it's post soviet nuclear arsenal in exchange for assurances it would never be attacked by the US, the UK, or Russia. So, you can't trust the KGB, as if you ever wanted to. But you seem to. You'll believe anything they tell you. You "friends of Putin" just don't know who your real friends are. Let me tell you - he isn't.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Yes - Russia did, as have other countries - It is called DEMOCRACY, or is that only when It suits you?

Russia is a democracy?oh boy you are one funny guy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Why? They are just responding. Do you wish for WW3? Is there no world for your family or grandchildren?

An attack on NATO is definitely crossing a line. With serious repercussions

22 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

How would the USA, like Russia, moving into Cuba

I read that there is a Russian ship docked at a Cuban port as we speak.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Can - by not voting or voting for the opposition as many did (11%, in fact).

Oh, that simple, huh? How naive and disrespectful to the Russians who would dearly love to see him gone.

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Absolute rubbish. You've swallowed Putin's nonsense. It was a fabrication he used to justify all out war. The real reason was an attack on Europe. NATO was nowhere near his southern border. But it will be. And it's definitely all round his north western flank. It's all backfired.

And just read the Budapest agreement if you want to see the real villainy at work here. Ukraine gave up it's post soviet nuclear arsenal in exchange for assurances it would never be attacked by the US, the UK, or Russia. So, you can't trust the KGB, as if you ever wanted to. But you seem to. You'll believe anything they tell you. You "friends of Putin" just don't know who your real friends are. Let me tell you - he isn't.

Tell me, why would Putin want to attack Europe? Even a fool (and Putin is no fool, else he wouldn’t be the leader of one of three superpowers in the world) would know that trying to govern another country that is opposed to you would be an impossible task. Does he want to exploit the much valued resources that Europe has, such as gold, lithium, rare earth minerals, oil and gas reserves? Or that he craves the Bohemian ducks of CZ, the sauerkraut and pork knuckle of DE so much that he wants to make them a national dish of Russia? And if he can’t even occupy Ukraine after 2 years, is he going to keep this up for the next 30 years, to wear Europe down?

You are probably so blinded in your opinion that you won’t even realise how ridiculous your statement that Putin wants to attack Europe sounds.

47 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Oh, that simple, huh? How naive and disrespectful to the Russians who would dearly love to see him gone.

I’m sure there are Russians who would love to see him gone. Similarly, I’m sure there are Americans who would love to see Biden gone, Brits who would love to see Sunak gone, Germans who would love to see Olaf gone, French who would love to see Macron gone, Indians who would love to see Modi gone etc etc etc. 

What’s your point?

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

An attack on NATO is definitely crossing a line. With serious repercussions

Serious repercussions for NATO, absolutely. Fortunately for NATO,I doubt that Putin has any intention of attacking any NATO nation per we.

Will NATO attack Russia? Possibly. Majority of western leaders have lost their senses.

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

You know as well as I do it was in response to NATO moving eastwards despite agreements that it would never do so. Ukraine broke all the agreements brokered by France and Germany. How would the USA, like Russia, moving into Cuba or Hawaii, or Mexico? Russia will NEVER be beaten - it is better to negotiate peace.

I thought this was a Special Operation to De-nazify Ukraine.  Did Putin lie? 

19 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Tell me, why would Putin want to attack Europe? Even a fool (and Putin is no fool, else he wouldn’t be the leader of one of three superpowers in the world)

Russia is not a superpower.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TedG said:

Russia is not a superpower.  

Largest arsenal of nuclear war heads?

The Russian Armed Forces are the world's fifth largest military force, with 1.15 million active-duty personnel and close to two million reservists

Source Wikipedia 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

The Russian Armed Forces are the world's fifth largest military force, with 1.15 million active-duty personnel and close to two million reservists

Source Wikipedia 

Russia. Russia, since imperial times, has been considered both a great power and a regional power. Throughout most of the Soviet-era, the Soviet Union was one of the world's two superpowers. However, after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the Russian Federation as its successor state lost its superpower status.

Source Wikipedia 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I’m sure there are Russians who would love to see him gone. Similarly, I’m sure there are Americans who would love to see Biden gone, Brits who would love to see Sunak gone, Germans who would love to see Olaf gone, French who would love to see Macron gone, Indians who would love to see Modi gone etc etc etc. 

What’s your point?

They couldn't get rid of him if they tried. That was my point. What's yours? In Europe, which it's fashionable now to despise amongst the Putinistas, we can get rid of our leaders. In Russia they have absolutely no chance. Geddit?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Serious repercussions for NATO, absolutely. Fortunately for NATO,I doubt that Putin has any intention of attacking any NATO nation per we.

Will NATO attack Russia? Possibly. Majority of western leaders have lost their senses.

It will be the end of Putin if he attacks NATO. He just goes after weak nations like Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine. Oops. Ukraine has proven to be a tough one! :cheesy:

45 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Tell me, why would Putin want to attack Europe? Even a fool (and Putin is no fool, else he wouldn’t be the leader of one of three superpowers in the world) would know that trying to govern another country that is opposed to you would be an impossible task. Does he want to exploit the much valued resources that Europe has, such as gold, lithium, rare earth minerals, oil and gas reserves? Or that he craves the Bohemian ducks of CZ, the sauerkraut and pork knuckle of DE so much that he wants to make them a national dish of Russia? And if he can’t even occupy Ukraine after 2 years, is he going to keep this up for the next 30 years, to wear Europe down?

You are probably so blinded in your opinion that you won’t even realise how ridiculous your statement that Putin wants to attack Europe sounds.

By attacking Ukraine he threatens Europe. He's cut off oil and gas, blown up the Nord pipeline, destroyed Ukrainian grain and fertilizer exports, and massively disrupted world trade. Hes a total liability, who threatens nuclear attack at every opportunity. Without him there would be no war in Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Source Wikipedia 

And finding it a tough time to Conquer a small nation like Ukraine!

58 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Your last paragraph lacks any merit as an argument. It's just a personal attack.

Why do you think he attacked Ukraine? For the now totally destroyed steelworks in Donbas? Or maybe the coalmines? Hitler had the same idea. Or simply to overrun Eastern Ukraine? To secure his route to illegally annexed Crimea? To show the world he has balls? To restore the Soviet sphere of influence? To reconnect with the lost soviet Eastern Europe? Remember? It was all stomped on by the Soviets. Maybe you and a million other idiots cheering him on are too young to remember the Iron Curtain. He never forgave whoever he blames for the collapse of the USSR and its colossal empire. But it did collapse, and now he's trying to rebuild it, at Ukraine's expense. Wanton destruction is all it amounts to. A million dead, and how many maimed and wounded, orphaned kids, childless parents, dreams shattered along with homes, factories, dams, power plants etc etc. He's solely to blame.

• Confused 1